Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Respect for other people and their enjoyment of the game.
(22-02-2018, 12:51 AM)Irolltwenties Wrote:
(22-02-2018, 12:23 AM)Sir Baron Wrote: OK here goes
First up
If you spend more time typing in chat then killing nords I would call that cheat spamming and I would warn for both cheat spam and leeching
I am not saying that is or is not what happened last night but be careful how much time you spend typing
Next
To me banter is fine as long as it is banter and does not cross the line
I would recommend going to TS if you need to talk a ton
Last
Someone said something about overreacting
I would say yes if this came up as a report but as it is I would say it's you who is overreacting
NI has stayed pleasant for most because the admin/dev team does not accept the "this is the internet" line
We have a set of rules that we hold to
NI does not let the internet define it

How is typing in chat cheat spamming?  No one is cheating.  

He also noted that they were still playing albeit poorly.  So why kick for leeching?  If we are kicking for poor playing now, this game is going to die fairly quickly.
First one was a miss type
Second what I said was if you are typing more then killing I would view it as leeching
Not if you where playing poorly
If you type more then kill you are not helping the team and so are leeching
(22-02-2018, 01:08 AM)Woody Wrote: When I can see more chat then XP or I need to use "L" or "O" to read a block of text...

That's when it becomes to much.

The irony.
Ye funny well that's what I thought. Funny how some people are holding back from saying some things and at other times it goes completely out the window at others. 

I can tell you by the 2nd run out of the 3 I was not there to argue over something so petty. Some people need to loosen up and realise the bullshit coming out of there mouth... It's not about whats right or wrong it's about what works. If you cant understand people that would be a problem but when it comes down to simple mistakes or other small issues... Let it go... I have no idea how you live without seeing all the other problems if this is such a big problem.

It would be one thing for someone to correct someone on the forum where there is no game but in a game where the aim is not to push out poetry but to play a game... It's not a test its a game get over it and move on if you don't expect to be made fun of for having no sense of control and needed to correct the smallest things.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(21-02-2018, 11:28 PM)Spirit Wrote:      Your position here is a huge fallacy.  If the discussion were a simple correction, then there would have been the correction and we would have all moved on, no big deal.  But when you spend the next hour or more insisting that the person you corrected admit they were wrong then you have moved well beyond a simple correction.  That is where your argument is fallacious.  It sounds nice and you used lots of big words, but it is still a fallacy.

Friendly and playful banter on servers is both fun and entertaining as you have stated. But the "banter" or "discussion" last night was anything but friendly or entertaining.  You may think it was from your perspective, but whether you agree or even care, it was certainly not pleasant from my perspective.  And in regards to only myself and one other who actually witnessed the event remarking on it and providing evidence that it was in fact unpleasant for us, I have this to say.  Given the people involved and their personalities, I suspect that others are remaining silent so as not to invoke retribution in some form or another, such as getting flamed in threads or not invited to runs.

And no, I don't regret the thread.  My only regret is that there are people in the world who care only for themselves and lack the ability admit their errors, learn from them, and improve themselves.  Consider this my correction to you.  I hope you find it entertaining and perhaps learn something from it.. but somehow I doubt it.

You are being a little vague, and potentially reading past the lines. Maybe point out specifically which aspect or statement is fallacious. Given my comment was fairly objective, and was directed more on general speech over a specific event, I struggle to see how someone could have a flawed argument in something they did not argue about. In the end I reached no conclusion, it was only a basis for further development, if people wanted to get somewhere.

It appears that you are grouping those who were active in the discussion, even though it may require two distinct solutions to appeal to specific inner groupings. I feel that it is more equivalent to the old couple having a questionable discussion, and another group of loud, aggressive drunks join their table. As I said, there are more factors, and the root of the irritation may come from subjectivity. Perhaps it would still be annoying to listen to an objective discussion, but until you have a feel for an atmosphere without subjectivity, it is of little use. If you are skeptical, consider which is more annoying to see in chat:
Person A: 'equal to' is not equivalent to 'a subset of'
Person B: you are so stupid, how do you live with yourself?

At this stage this thread is only a request to the public, so if you wish to get anywhere, it might be worthwhile distinguishing between the two. From an admin perspective, mild spam may be a factor, yet aggressive comments should possibly be prioritised.

Regarding my statement on regret, I was referring to personal regret for replying on this thread, as I now have to follow it up with another reply (this one). You were right, I do not consider that to be a mistake and have little to learn from it. You may also notice that I do not dwell on your misunderstanding, unless you wish to address it further.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
Tjav how am I proving your point further? It did not affect my game play as I was still shielding as a normal RG would do?
First: +1 to Spirit for putting the subject on the table. I'd wish to see more of such calm and elegant addressing issues important to the community. That should be the admin way. Not that I refer to if he's right or not in this particular case, I think only the ppl who witnessed that run might make any useful opinion.

Next: maybe it's just me or perhaps I missed the point. but I do not find TerrorBite's reply to go against the nature of the opening Spirit's post so I must say I don't see any reason for it to start any argument. Maybe there's been some reading between the lines resulting in misled. Just relax guys and don't make small things a problem as Woody says.

Last: Tjav, I'd really expect a higher standard from an admin who's job is to lead the community and correct the unwanted behaviors than making his point in the forum by calling ppl "arses", "shitty germans", "dumbasses" and telling them not to post. May I suggest you'd take a deep breath, think for a while and red text yourself? (I just wonder if Irish or Kip read this and what they make of it).
(22-02-2018, 07:36 AM)Bobo Wrote: Last: Tjav, I'd really expect a higher standard from an admin who's job is to lead the community and correct the unwanted behaviors than making his point in the forum by calling ppl "arses", "shitty germans", "dumbasses" and telling them not to post. May I suggest you'd take a deep breath, think for a while and red text yourself? (I just wonder if Irish or Kip read this and what they make of it).

To defend Tjav which I don't think is needed but I will do it anyway. 

Princess has a record of not listening to admins let alone other players.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I understand and I suspected something like this, I didn't think Tjav might be rude with completely no reason, of course. Still, whatever the background, it is not the right way for anyone in this forum to talk this way, especially not for admins...

I'd rather expect an admin would issue a warning to a player who needs to correct his ways and in case the warnings give no effect, a temp ban might follow to show this is no joking and the player must change his ways or he'd be banned for good.
(22-02-2018, 08:46 AM)Bobo Wrote: I understand and I suspected something like this, I didn't think Tjav might be rude with completely no reason, of course. Still, whatever the background, it is not the right way for anyone in this forum to talk this way, especially not for admins...

I'd rather expect an admin would issue a warning to a player who needs to correct his ways and in case the warnings give no effect, a temp ban might follow to show this is no joking and the player must change his ways or he'd be banned for good.

i see where you are coming from Bobo, and its true, i am being rather offensive and using language that isnt really all that great, but you must remember, i say what is on my mind, im always fair, but when people are quite literally asking to be made fun of, im more than happy to oblige, now if you read the first post i made, you would see that i used germans in past tense, meaning 4 years ago when you had FF and some of those other houses doing quite literally nothing.

also, i know multiple admin's, both EU AU and NA has tried talking sense into Princess, but has hit a massive wall of ignorance, i thought it would be a sound plan to try the different approach, since sometimes what people need to do to listen is getting their jimmies rustled.

oh and just to finish this off, ill always call people arses when they are acting like it, because in all honesty, when im doing admin stuff, im acting like an admin, but when im just on the forum, typing like a regular player, i use whatever language i want, except ofcourse crossing the normal lines of acceptable behaviour
Thanks for some words of explanation, Tjav. I do see the reasons behind, still this is just my personal opinion: please keep in mind while you type on forum with intention to act just like an any regular user, there is still the admin tag at your name, so ppl pay more attention to what you say and how you do it. Power = responsibility.

No offense, let's all just cool down a bit and come back with a smile Smile