Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Respect for other people and their enjoyment of the game.
I can confirm being in the server at the time that people take things way to seriously. It's a game not a class room.

Saying your vs you're and people being able to argue that you said the wrong one is ridiculous. For one we let things like "idk” and other abbreviations fly by but no you can't use the wrong "there" or what ever... 2nd the English language is hard enough for people that speak it as a native language... Have some respect for people that try at least vs people that don't. 3rd there was a hell of a lot of name calling like a 12 year old with tourette's. Nice makes you look like the smart one. 4th dont be so quick to profile people on the internet when you don't even now who you are talking to. 

A good example would be me I have not used my mic in Ni for years (An explanation will come soon) but just this week I used it in TS. Winter, Terath, Midren and Spirt were all present. I want to guess especially for Winter it was a big shock I was not a 12 year old but some one that actually had idea's that would work for Ni. Etc...

For whom this is directed to you don't need to comment on how I'm wrong and the world needs to be 100% perfect. Grow up and stop thinking about "your" self for once.
(21-02-2018, 03:02 PM)Woody Wrote: I can confirm being in the server at the time that people take things way to seriously. It's a game not a class room.

Saying your vs you're and people being able to argue that you said the wrong one is ridiculous. For one we let things like "idk” and other abbreviations fly by but no you can't use the wrong "there" or what ever... 2nd the English language is hard enough for people that speak it as a native language... Have some respect for people that try at least vs people that don't. 3rd there was a hell of a lot of name calling like a 12 year old with tourette's. Nice makes you look like the smart one. 4th dont be so quick to profile people on the internet when you don't even now who you are talking to. 

A good example would be me I have not used my mic in Ni for years (An explanation will come soon) but just this week I used it in TS. Winter, Terath, Midren and Spirt were all present. I want to guess especially for Winter it was a big shock I was not a 12 year old but some one that actually had idea's that would work for Ni. Etc...

For whom this is directed to you don't need to comment on how I'm wrong and the world needs to be 100% perfect. Grow up and stop thinking about "your" self for once.

Pretty sure it's you'reself.
The basis for most corrections and the like which do not involve subjectivity, appear to be for entertainment, self-refinement, and the opportunity for others to learn(1). It is generally perceived as a pseudo altruistic act, but do keep in mind that it is primarily for entertainment.  When people become subjective and negative, their misperception becomes evident, yet it does not mean that there is an argument; it may remain civil and productive.

Getting back on topic, the OP is saying that these 'discussions' are distracting to the rest of the server. People in future discussions will need to consider the trade off of entertainment over consideration for others.
However, this assumes that it is an issue to a significant proportion of people on at the time, yet there is only evidence of two people having an issue with it. Until there is more evidence, a completely theoretical analysis would need to be undertaken to determine the effects of the discussions. Now this becomes quite complex, as there are/were many other factors at play, such as the lack of barrels, cades, and player quality on the server at the time, as well as some people who did invoke subjectivity (which may have been more likely to cause annoyance).

Overall I'd say it's hard to conclude anything solid, but it might be a good idea to keep in mind in the future.
written at 2:30am, regret for pushing the topic will come at 10:30am.

(1)successful discussions may cause more objectivity in those who would otherwise invoke negativity, improving the NI server atmosphere.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
(21-02-2018, 03:32 PM)TerrorBite Wrote: The basis for most corrections and the like which do not involve subjectivity, appear to be for entertainment, self-refinement, and the opportunity for others to learn(1). It is generally perceived as a pseudo altruistic act, but do keep in mind that it is primarily for entertainment.  When people become subjective and negative, their misperception becomes evident, yet it does not mean that there is an argument; it may remain civil and productive.

Getting back on topic, the OP is saying that these 'discussions' are distracting to the rest of the server. People in future discussions will need to consider the trade off of entertainment over consideration for others.
However, this assumes that it is an issue to a significant proportion of people on at the time, yet there is only evidence of two people having an issue with it. Until there is more evidence, a completely theoretical analysis would need to be undertaken to determine the effects of the discussions. Now this becomes quite complex, as there are/were many other factors at play, such as the lack of barrels, cades, and player quality on the server at the time, as well as some people who did invoke subjectivity (which may have been more likely to cause annoyance).

Overall I'd say it's hard to conclude anything solid, but it might be a good idea to keep in mind in the future.

(1)successful discussions may cause more objectivity in those who would otherwise invoke negativity, improving the NI server atmosphere.

[Image: wojak_06.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg]
5char
Tjav , it didn't affect my gameplay , were you there ? hmmm nice try "German"
(21-02-2018, 08:32 PM)Princess Wrote: Tjav , it didn't affect my gameplay , were you there ? hmmm nice try "German"

thanks for proving my point dumbass, like i quite literally said, dont come with a snappy comeback unless its excellent, you just made fun of yourself, again.
(21-02-2018, 03:32 PM)TerrorBite Wrote: The basis for most corrections and the like which do not involve subjectivity, appear to be for entertainment, self-refinement, and the opportunity for others to learn(1). It is generally perceived as a pseudo altruistic act, but do keep in mind that it is primarily for entertainment.  When people become subjective and negative, their misperception becomes evident, yet it does not mean that there is an argument; it may remain civil and productive.

OK, I know i said I wasn't going to do this.. but here goes.  I can't just let this pretentious and fallacious argument go without response. Even though I know from very recent experience, seems like just last night, that when I respond to someone who is incapable of seeing things from any perspective but their own or unwilling to admit they did anything wrong, it will simply prolong the "discussion".  wow.. deja vu....

Your position here is a huge fallacy.  If the discussion were a simple correction, then there would have been the correction and we would have all moved on, no big deal.  But when you spend the next hour or more insisting that the person you corrected admit they were wrong then you have moved well beyond a simple correction.  That is where your argument is fallacious.  It sounds nice and you used lots of big words, but it is still a fallacy.

Friendly and playful banter on servers is both fun and entertaining as you have stated. But the "banter" or "discussion" last night was anything but friendly or entertaining.  You may think it was from your perspective, but whether you agree or even care, it was certainly not pleasant from my perspective.  And in regards to only myself and one other who actually witnessed the event remarking on it and providing evidence that it was in fact unpleasant for us, I have this to say.  Given the people involved and their personalities, I suspect that others are remaining silent so as not to invoke retribution in some form or another, such as getting flamed in threads or not invited to runs.

If I were still an active admin, I would have red texted you and started kicking people when the issue began to spin out of control.  But since I do not have that authority at this time and my multiple requests to end the discussion and focus on the game went unheeded, this was my only option to address the matter.  I could have just filed a report, but the "discussion" was not vulgar, violent, or abusive, so I chose not to go that route.  The discussion was in fact generally civil, but very annoying in that none of you would just let it go and move on.  Its like going out to dinner and the old couple next to you are arguing and bickering loudly over every little thing.  You can't call the police on them since they are not technically "disturbing the peace", but you certainly aren't enjoying your time out at the restaurant.. unless you like that sort of thing.

And no, I don't regret the thread.  My only regret is that there are people in the world who care only for themselves and lack the ability admit their errors, learn from them, and improve themselves.  Consider this my correction to you.  I hope you find it entertaining and perhaps learn something from it.. but somehow I doubt it.
OK here goes
First up
If you spend more time typing in chat then killing nords I would call that chat spamming and I would warn for both chat spam and leeching
I am not saying that is or is not what happened last night but be careful how much time you spend typing
Next
To me banter is fine as long as it is banter and does not cross the line
I would recommend going to TS if you need to talk a ton
Last
Someone said something about overreacting
I would say yes if this came up as a report but as it is I would say it's you who is overreacting
NI has stayed pleasant for most because the admin/dev team does not accept the "this is the internet" line
We have a set of rules that we hold to
NI does not let the internet define it
(22-02-2018, 12:23 AM)Sir Baron Wrote: OK here goes
First up
If you spend more time typing in chat then killing nords I would call that cheat spamming and I would warn for both cheat spam and leeching
I am not saying that is or is not what happened last night but be careful how much time you spend typing
Next
To me banter is fine as long as it is banter and does not cross the line
I would recommend going to TS if you need to talk a ton
Last
Someone said something about overreacting
I would say yes if this came up as a report but as it is I would say it's you who is overreacting
NI has stayed pleasant for most because the admin/dev team does not accept the "this is the internet" line
We have a set of rules that we hold to
NI does not let the internet define it

How is typing in chat cheat spamming? No one is cheating.

He also noted that they were still playing albeit poorly. So why kick for leeching? If we are kicking for poor playing now, this game is going to die fairly quickly.
When I can see more chat then XP or I need to use "L" or "O" to read a block of text...

That's when it becomes to much.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|