Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New Nordic Fortress Remake - Open to suggestions
(27-02-2018, 10:08 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: Hey at least people will start playing this map again. Even if this map doesn't make it in game, people will still find the fastest maps. At the moment there are plenty of maps that are fast and that is what people in this community are looking for. There are always back up maps that can be played in case the current favorites get nuked. It doesn't take long for a house to find a new favorite and milk that one out. Other houses usually follow the example of one house. What would be better is removing half of the maps, there are way to many anyway, and then try to balance the remaining maps. This doesn't mean that the outcome of the remaining maps should be slow maps where the ranged get stuck all the time. Though I don't see this happening among the mappers seeing how much of a mess it looks in that section of the contributor team, sorry not going to use the "developer" word instead of contributor since I will never recognize a scener as an official developer.

I personally like the changes and it makes me feel like the old Praven/Graubergen.

Completly agree.
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
(27-02-2018, 10:08 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: Hey at least people will start playing this map again. Even if this map doesn't make it in game, people will still find the fastest maps. At the moment there are plenty of maps that are fast and that is what people in this community are looking for. There are always back up maps that can be played in case the current favorites get nuked. It doesn't take long for a house to find a new favorite and milk that one out. Other houses usually follow the example of one house. What would be better is removing half of the maps, there are way to many anyway, and then try to balance the remaining maps. This doesn't mean that the outcome of the remaining maps should be slow maps where the ranged get stuck all the time. Though I don't see this happening among the mappers seeing how much of a mess it looks in that section of the contributor team, sorry not going to use the "developer" word instead of contributor since I will never recognize a scener as an official developer.

I personally like the changes and it makes me feel like the old Praven/Graubergen.

Feel free to give me dev missions then ;-)
As you said we cant really rebalance and remove a bunch of maps in one update. We use to modify a few of them to give players a rotation in their mind. This is the main goal so far. I don't think we have much more time to work more.
I'm glad that those tiny modifications could bring this map played again.

I'm still open for comments. It helps a lot. 

BR,
Alpha
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
(27-02-2018, 11:15 AM)Alpha Wrote:

Feel free to give me dev missions then ;-)
As you said we cant really rebalance and remove a bunch of maps in one update. We use to modify a few of them to give players a rotation in their mind. This is the main goal so far. I don't think we have much more time to work more.
I'm glad that those tiny modifications could bring this map played again.

I'm still open for comments. It helps a lot. 

BR,
Alpha

Old grabergan was changed for a reason, the intention is to not have maps be straight kill hallways, what would be the use of bringing a map in that we would just have to nuke in a few weeks time
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear

5char
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Last time I checked Offshore was a good and liked map without a kill hallway
If this map ends up like the old Grabergan then what's the point of redoing it?
It will just get nuked back to what it was within a month

On that note I would like to see more maps where ranged peek like Offshore and not just spam a kill hallway
This would give Infantry more stuff to do as slashing would very much be needed
When ever Infantry has taken a hit it has been from kill halls and not really nerfs
I think guys the best thing to do atm would be to dress me a list with suggestions like these. I will try to remake more as I can.
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )