Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Open] Legacy on horse back
Hey there,
I played cav with my Legacy recently and noticed that its alt / polearm mode does not work on horseback. You can block, yet you cannot stab. Since the files don't say anything about "not usable on horseback" I take this to be a bug.
If im remembering correctly that the alt mode for legacy is half-swording then this isnt a bug. Warband as far as I know doesnt allow for that kind of attack while on horseback (as shown as pikes also dont do this attack animation) and also realistically and logically would be rediculous to do so.
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
Using a 2 hander on horseback as a 1h gives it a debuff.. I believe a 33% damage reduction debuff.

So legacy doesn't do 72 cut.. It does 72*.6666... so it does 45 cut. Better off using a wormbane in 1h mode at least that does 58c, or an aurora.
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
(21-03-2018, 12:00 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: If im remembering correctly that the alt mode for legacy is half-swording then this isnt a bug. Warband as far as I know doesnt allow for that kind of attack while on horseback (as shown as pikes also dont do this attack animation) and also realistically and logically would be rediculous to do so.

I'm not referring to the overhead stab but being able to use the alt mode at all. Since there are two different animations for normal attacks and attacks when mounted, the stab shouldn't have any influence on that.
I'm just wondering why it is not possible to use polearm side swings or normal stabs in the alt mode; this would be a nice way to exchange range for higher damage when it's needed (I don't know if the 1h penalty applies to the polearm mode)