Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

1.9.6 Client Release
To me it looks like the class is now 50% throwing and 50% 1h.

Most people see this as a buff that I'm sure of. (Thinking of all the times I see leg being a "pike" and not a inf)

My only concern is halb maybe being shadowed by leg now but I'm sure it will be fine I think...

May want to look into that. (Add argument here)

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(25-04-2018, 07:36 AM)Xen Wrote: Hey, that's pretty good.

LMAOO
Trading heavy sallet

Achilles: 
u are an admin right?

Jugg: 
Ye

Achilles:
Gimme admin rights and 3 bent sword

Jugg:
I mean i could give you the password but you get a permanent ban thats unappealable

Achilles:
You got the bent sword?

Jugg:
Ye

Huh. I'm not really sure if I'm a fan of the changes to the legionnaire. 

I was playing for a bit today, and there were a few things I noticed. 

One of the pros is that I now have pinpoint accuracy with my heavy pilums. However, a big downside, for me, is that I now feel like a ranged class, or some sort of variation of the halberdier, instead of what I had used to think of as being a flexible infantry hero.

That -2 ironflesh made a big difference, from what I can tell. It might be because I was focusing on my health and trying to notice a difference, but it seemed like I was losing health way faster than I used to; it was more noticeable than I was expecting. That's not a big deal for the people that want the legionnaire to be just another ranged class, but at least for me, what drew me to the legionnaire was the flexibility it had with different roles. I liked being able to rambo outside the barricades with my one-handed sword and my shield, defend the barricades, be a decent shielder, slash, or throw spears whenever there wasn't enough room for another infantry (ie. Archer runs or when there aren't enough spaces for slashers between the shielders). While I can still do that stuff, my abilities as an infantry class have been reduced. 

It's more challenging to jump out of the barricades, slash some nords, and still stay alive. 

I don't know; maybe this change will grow on me in the future.
(25-04-2018, 08:54 PM)AVirusC Wrote: That -2 ironflesh made a big difference, from what I can tell. It might be because I was focusing on my health and trying to notice a difference, but it seemed like I was losing health way faster than I used to; it was more noticeable than I was expecting. That's not a big deal for the people that want the legionnaire to be just another ranged class, but at least for me, what drew me to the legionnaire was the flexibility it had with different roles. I liked being able to rambo outside the barricades with my one-handed sword and my shield, defend the barricades, be a decent shielder, slash, or throw spears whenever there wasn't enough room for another infantry (ie. Archer runs or when there aren't enough spaces for slashers between the shielders). While I can still do that stuff, my abilities as an infantry class have been reduced. 

It's more challenging to jump out of the barricades, slash some nords, and still stay alive. 

I don't know; maybe this change will grow on me in the future.

To put this change into perspective, Legionnaire characters lost 4.9% of their total hitpoints.
Regardless of the less ironflesh, I do feel now even more confident in ranged with my legio when certain situations arise, and because I tend to do best as my legionnaire as it is my main class to play, I am one of the few people that feels like they benefited from this update, also lets be honest, no matter your health or armor, you can die easily on harder difficulties, so this doesn't really affect my play style with my legionnaire other than feeling more comfortable with throwing with it. But everyone has their own opinions, to each their own.
Legendary loots: Ornate Crusader Helmet x2, Sun Pike, Ironsong, Illustrious, Gothic Sallet, Dragon Helmet, pike of kings, Steel Stinger, Dragon Halberd, Fell Edge
Upgrades so far: Two
I think I would have preferred to maintain the 8 ironflesh and have a higher one-handed weapon proficiency, to be honest. Ramboing nords outside of the barricades is much more fun than throwing, anyway. :v

Also, we're infantry; throwing should stay as a secondary role.
I think the legios needed a little more throwing -- it felt very inaccurate compared to MP. However, I think the idea of the change was good, it should just be somewhere in between.

Like +25 throwing, -1 ironflesh, +something 1h, maybe -1 shield. I agree with other, legio seems like a 1h, shield, and throwing class, with some ability to fill in some other roles as needed, but not as first choice.

I do think the class needed some fine tuning though.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

To at least some extent I can agree with you. I used to avoid picking up angons or the dragon breath from dead bodies, despite them being better weapons compared to my heavy pilums, due to a higher damage output, because they were inaccurate enough that it wasn't worth it. That said, we're a hybrid hero class whilst the MP is a dedicated throwing hero class - we should be noticeably less accurate than them at throwing. In my opinion, the legionnaire should have stayed in-between a t3 and t4 pikeman for throwing. 

I think a better way to go about the issue of accuracy would have been to rebalance some of the items, rather than the classes.

I really don't like the idea of compromising on typical infantry traits, like high ironflesh, shielding ability or two-handed/one-handed weapon proficiency, for better throwing. I suppose it's a matter of ones playing style, but those kinds of changes aren't very attractive to me. 

Again though, maybe this change will grow on me in the future.
The leggio change was an excellent idea to set up for the much needed incoming malice nerf... and vhta buff ofc
after all, there'e no reason for the malice to be better than the vhta
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]