Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map voting.
(12-04-2018, 08:59 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Malong Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 06:47 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 06:42 PM)HorrorDeath Wrote: Or how about make all maps playable instead of always destroying the good maps and make bad maps good. 

This would require a legion of mappers with dedication to keep them updated. Something NordInvasion is lacking at the moment.

That doesn't address the first part ("destroying the good maps"). Somehow, the contributors find time for that.

It's just a poor attempt to balance the maps I guess. It is hard to set standards in a branche that is so divided.

Setting and publicizing a measurable set of well-known standards (defensive areas, kiting routes, time for a wave to travel to various areas, etc) would be a good first step. A lot of changes seem very arbitrary.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(12-04-2018, 09:05 PM)Malong Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 08:59 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Malong Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 06:47 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 06:42 PM)HorrorDeath Wrote: Or how about make all maps playable instead of always destroying the good maps and make bad maps good. 

This would require a legion of mappers with dedication to keep them updated. Something NordInvasion is lacking at the moment.

That doesn't address the first part ("destroying the good maps"). Somehow, the contributors find time for that.

It's just a poor attempt to balance the maps I guess. It is hard to set standards in a branche that is so divided.

Setting and publicizing a measurable set of well-known standards (defensive areas, kiting routes, time for a wave to travel to various areas, etc) would be a good first step. A lot of changes seem very arbitrary.

Those are already publicly available. However everyone has their own mind when it comes to finishing touched, that in some cases might ruin a map, or make it (too) easy.

I don't want to talk trash about the mappers, because it kinda is a underappreciated job.
(12-04-2018, 09:17 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Those are already publicly available. However everyone has their own mind when it comes to finishing touched, that in some cases might ruin a map, or make it (too) easy.

I don't want to talk trash about the mappers, because it kinda is a underappreciated job.

That's great! Though many of those points are not measurable. Exactly how much is a "long, straight distance," for example? I also don't see anything that relates completion time, so can maps stop being changed on this basis?

And then you can anticipate what I'll type next: review some recent map changes, and the non-confirming for which they were edited; compile existing non-conforming maps, the features that don't conform, necessary changes; prioritize work, etc.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
In hindsight, if not a map change then perhaps a change to the difficulty. Play the same map but vote for a different difficulty level?
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
(19-04-2018, 01:23 PM)oracolus Wrote: In hindsight, if not a map change then perhaps a change to the difficulty. Play the same map but vote for a different difficulty level?

does it kick you for being too low of a level as well?

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(19-04-2018, 01:31 PM)Woody Wrote:
(19-04-2018, 01:23 PM)oracolus Wrote: In hindsight, if not a map change then perhaps a change to the difficulty. Play the same map but vote for a different difficulty level?

What do you mean by that?
Halogi's Touch 07/05/2018
Eagle Crossbow: 26/03/18
Fell edge 03/18
Tiger Scale Armour 27/05/2018

(19-04-2018, 02:20 PM)lordborg Wrote:

Removing all players that do not meet the level requirement to play that difficulty
(19-04-2018, 02:26 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

Removing all players that do not meet the level requirement to play that difficulty
Ah seems fair.
Halogi's Touch 07/05/2018
Eagle Crossbow: 26/03/18
Fell edge 03/18
Tiger Scale Armour 27/05/2018

In this case it would be with a full-through Group, all of them being able to play the difficulties. That being said though, i am not sure that it would kick you, it would makes sense from a technical stand Point however to do so as some require higher levels to unlock. Although that would enrage many.

suppose that its not a mandatory thing that everyone goes for the highest difficulty immediately but rather vote for it, so that all voices are Heard. I can see your Point Woody, and to be honest, i dont really know how we could get around that. Id prefer to take on the issue in smaller bites rather than to face it all at once.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
I still prefer being able to vote on a map from a random slection of maps (6). By allowing people to change the difficulty of servers, we might end up with only rag or hard servers.

I would like more opninions on the negative aspects of implementing a feature like this. One I can think of is having some time to wait after a map is finished, which can have a negative effect on event runs.