Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Rise from the Ashes
(16-06-2019, 04:49 PM)Woody Wrote: I feel like rise of the ashes and a lot of other quests should just be for the 1 hero.

When the ability comes that quests can be for more than one character then I would make new ones and change some but not all. We have had this quest for to long it would be hard to change it now unless you compensate people.

Given this I would make some quests locked to some heros.

I would like to think quests for Wardens would be different to a Rg quests as well only seems fair. For how you go on about doing that well.  

Ranged classes like mp/warden/... should have more ranged bots were something like mara and zwei have melee bots in the quest. For stuff like rg or tank classes it's harder to say but I feel tank classes could do with all the same bots the melee heros get or a bit less + some ranged bots. For a hero like Cm I would think maybe it would be boss kills not bot kills. 

Rg I feel needs some quest were it can tell if your active shielding. With this it would give you X number of points for each round. So each wave in Ni has a fixed number of points meaning the Quicks way to do the quest is to shield rag. Could add a multiplier on to it so the longer you survive the better it is pointwise. Also think about giving Pc this quest.

Sentry and hoplite I would consider as melee classes giving a buff (same quest as mara and zwei)

Senti, avent and leg should be a 60% ranged 40% melee or about 50/50.

As RG you just need friend with Raging Ailadrodd to complete every quest in the game.
(16-06-2019, 04:57 PM)Malong Wrote:
(16-06-2019, 03:52 PM)Winter Wrote:
(16-06-2019, 02:48 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: i really wonder if any RG is ever going to finish that quest

would be better to be all account quest than char quest

Man, tell me about it.  Account wide quests would make things so much better.

Grats, Falankos!

The best change would be to make it based on damage instead of kills. Over a long course of time, it probably evens out such that getting no credit from someone else getting the last hit to that player getting the last hit over someone else; but basing credit off damage would make it unquestionably equitable.

Even better.
(16-06-2019, 04:59 PM)Winter Wrote:
(16-06-2019, 02:48 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: i really wonder if any RG is ever going to finish that quest

Grats, Falankos!

The best change would be to make it based on damage instead of kills. Over a long course of time, it probably evens out such that getting no credit from someone else getting the last hit to that player getting the last hit over someone else; but basing credit off damage would make it unquestionably equitable.

Even better.

We talking total damage here as I'm fine with that being a quest but not a big one.

Using the command to show damage people would find the most valuable bot on each wave and aim for that 1st always. This is not mentioning certain modes (normal/beginner) and some heros would have a steep advantage. Guess it would be quests for each mode.

In saying this once again I think the idea is to have custom quests for each hero or sets of heros. 

Like even if you were to compare total damage of a typhoon vs an alia or even a daggers/rups on rag I think the xbows will dominate. Getting the most kills is were the faster weapons normally shine but for a quest of this calibre it may favour big damage a bit too much.

(16-06-2019, 04:57 PM)Forward Wrote:
(16-06-2019, 04:49 PM)Woody Wrote: I feel like rise of the ashes and a lot of other quests should just be for the 1 hero.

When the ability comes that quests can be for more than one character then I would make new ones and change some but not all. We have had this quest for to long it would be hard to change it now unless you compensate people.

Given this I would make some quests locked to some heros.

I would like to think quests for Wardens would be different to a Rg quests as well only seems fair. For how you go on about doing that well.  

Ranged classes like mp/warden/... should have more ranged bots were something like mara and zwei have melee bots in the quest. For stuff like rg or tank classes it's harder to say but I feel tank classes could do with all the same bots the melee heros get or a bit less + some ranged bots. For a hero like Cm I would think maybe it would be boss kills not bot kills. 

Rg I feel needs some quest were it can tell if your active shielding. With this it would give you X number of points for each round. So each wave in Ni has a fixed number of points meaning the Quicks way to do the quest is to shield rag. Could add a multiplier on to it so the longer you survive the better it is pointwise. Also think about giving Pc this quest.

Sentry and hoplite I would consider as melee classes giving a buff (same quest as mara and zwei)

Senti, avent and leg should be a 60% ranged 40% melee or about 50/50.

As RG you just need friend with Raging Ailadrodd to complete every quest in the game.

So the person goes rg gets nothing or at best some how gets 50%

Can I claim 2.5% of that quest money you just got for shielding. If you say no to that well...

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(16-06-2019, 05:25 PM)Woody Wrote:
(16-06-2019, 04:59 PM)Winter Wrote:

Grats, Falankos!

Even better.

We talking total damage here as I'm fine with that being a quest but not a big one.

Using the command to show damage people would find the most valuable bot on each wave and aim for that 1st always. This is not mentioning certain modes (normal/beginner) and some heros would have a steep advantage. Guess it would be quests for each mode.

In saying this once again I think the idea is to have custom quests for each hero or sets of heros. 

Like even if you were to compare total damage of a typhoon vs an alia or even a daggers/rups on rag I think the xbows will dominate. Getting the most kills is were the faster weapons normally shine but for a quest of this calibre it may favour big damage a bit too much.

I thought the second sentence about kill stealing made it clear: this is damage to each individual bot.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Let's say I have some thing with low damage like a bow. If I hit a bot for 52% with the 1st hit then "55%" again.

If I have an xbow and hit a bot for 95%  I have the chance I may hit that bot again for almost 200% or whatever. Therefore I can get more damage out of a single wave. I would guess by the time a sniper could get up to some certain amount of damage a the xbow maybe slower off the mark but it could possibly catch up and overtake rapidly.

Over all I'm not sure what I'm saying will be a big problem just thinking about how my eagle with 155p + bolts that's almost as fast as my bow will be vs my bow.

I think with it being kills atm yes killing stealing is a problem. Would this change bring up it's own problems? That's my question as I would guess the people doing the kill stealing (fast shit) will be possibly at a disadvantage like how the (slow shit) is atm.

Could do some tests on some bots.

Get like 10x rangers 5x prince etc. Line them all up and then give maybe 5mins to test how much of a difference xbow would be to sniper. I would guess atm daggers being op and alia being alia they will still be number 1 ish but I want to see with a test how close or far away a bow would really be.

It could just be me having the 300 ping animations comparing each other. In that case doubt the xbow would win. Even then I'm sceptical of the outcome.

(16-06-2019, 06:01 PM)Woody Wrote: Let's say I have some thing with low damage like a bow. If I hit a bot for 52% with the 1st hit then "55%" again.

If I have an xbow and hit a bot for 95%  I have the chance I may hit that bot again for almost 200% or whatever. Therefore I can get more damage out of a single wave. I would guess by the time a sniper could get up to some certain amount of damage a the xbow maybe slower off the mark but it could possibly catch up and overtake rapidly.

Over all I'm not sure what I'm saying will be a big problem just thinking about how my eagle with 155p + bolts that's almost as fast as my bow will be vs my bow.

Holy shit. If the damage dealt is greater than the bot's remaining hit points, then the credit is just the remaining hit points. How did you not think of that?

damageCredit = (damageDealt < remainingHits) ? damageDealt : remainingHits

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(16-06-2019, 06:08 PM)Malong Wrote:
(16-06-2019, 06:01 PM)Woody Wrote: Let's say I have some thing with low damage like a bow. If I hit a bot for 52% with the 1st hit then "55%" again.

Holy shit. If the damage dealt is greater than the bot's remaining hit points, then the credit is just the remaining hit points. How did you not think of that?

I did but even then a play style would come into effect. Right now we both agreed there is it kill stealing problem.

With is being locked at 100% I could hit my bot for 90 then not give a shit about him. So it's turned not into a kill stealing problem but one were it incentivize not even killing that bot.

The best bet is to make the quests custom for each hero. It's posable for example Wardens would need a lot of this bot but ranger needs a lot of this one. So guess what they don't even need the same bots. Gives more of a incentive to play a class no one is doing.

Once again I'm unsure about changing this quest. I think the best idea is to make new ones.

I gave you the doubt that you would of been thinking the same way for someone speaking so highly on this topic.

Wanted to save posting again for such a meaningless comment.

(16-06-2019, 06:15 PM)Woody Wrote:
(16-06-2019, 06:08 PM)Malong Wrote:

I did but even then a play style would come into effect.

Stop lying. If you actually thought of that, you wouldn't have typed your scenario about getting 200%, you would have seen that it caps out at the bot's full health (i.e. 100%).

(16-06-2019, 06:01 PM)Woody Wrote: If I have an xbow and hit a bot for 95%  I have the chance I may hit that bot again for almost 200% or whatever. Therefore I can get more damage out of a single wave.

now about instead of everyone has to snatch away those pesky rangers from each other, doing a server wide count, this way when a archer shoots a nord sniper, the shielder gets the kill point aswell.

In its early form. NI gave loots only to players killing the bot, as with quests it still is like this (if you shield you wont get any rewards)

thus quests should act serverwide= removing kill competition of rare bots like siegemasters or chosen champions. this also would encourage actual teamwork more as people would look out more for each other.

the only problem remaining here are obviously afkers, leechers, and shielders not moving: if we lower the activity timer, shielders wont be able to shield a longer wave with still getting rewards.

someone can go afk for RL reasons so the 5 min timer works fine there i guess, however leechers mostly just move around--> option/script to disable leechers from looting/questing when multiple peoples use the report function on leeching on this person (lets say 60% of server people report leecher for leeching behavior)
however as people might abuse this (reporting someone they dont like to loot) -> accusations/reports are showed in redtext on the accused so incase he is not leeching he can screenshot this and report on the forums

(im not trying to group shielders into the same group as afkers or leechers, but functionally speaking they stand still for a longer period of time)
This is DPS class quest. Very important one from achievement perspective.

If RG "mains" feels themselves obliterated by this fact I suppose adding shielder-specific quest to do whatever they do instead of breaking it by removing difficulty plank.