Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Would like to lock axes to Legio.
21.88%
7 21.88%
Would like a new weapon Class.
18.75%
6 18.75%
Would be happy if Legio could use Daggers again.
12.50%
4 12.50%
Happy as they are.
46.88%
15 46.88%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Throwing Axes - Legio lock
(07-06-2018, 09:03 PM)Kura Wrote: Legio have the same Ironflesh as a Commando T4 Infantry so they can't withstand even 2 swings in RAG

I have not noticed less than 5% of my hitpoints being necessary for surviving two hits that I wouldn't already survive.  It may allow me to survive a single hit occasionally that I wouldn't without it, but it is still not a significant enough amount of hitpoints to make melee with Legionnaire overly difficult, especially when healers are introduced.

(07-06-2018, 09:03 PM)Kura Wrote: a +2-4 ammo count increase to a throw LOCKED for Legionnaire would allow them to stay effective straight through before "Smartly" pushing out to slash infront of the cades / shielder.

Keep in mind that anything Legionnaire can bring in anyone else can pick up.  Items can't be balanced specifically for a single class, and Pikemen are common enough that you have to take them into account as well.  This doesn't discount the idea altogether as additional ammo of that quantity likely wouldn't be game breaking of make Pikemen OP, but I think the stats should be looked at with all of the weapons of that type grouped together.  Note how Legionnaire throwing spears gain certain stats, but lose others so that something like Heavy Pilum aren't simply better than Angon.  I really don't want to remove Very Heavy Throwing Axes from Pikemen either.  If a new throwing axe model were to be available, though...

(07-06-2018, 09:03 PM)Kura Wrote: My set-up as of now is:
Ragnar's Wrath - Royal Shield - Very Heavy Throwing Axes - Support slot.

Dropping my support gives me an additional throw slot but still only accumulates to 28 VHTA's which is very hard to maintain throughout a full 16 player rag wave, once I've run out of those i am literally standing around waiting until the wave has cleared out enough for me to safely slash outside the cades.

Many classes can feel useless in certain situations, but in all situations it really depends on what risks or other tasks the user is willing to take on.  In runs where the team fully walls off, for example, Legionnaires have an advantage over melee-only classes because they have some ranged available to them.  However, those melee-only classes can still keep up or overcome their kills/contribution by healing, open-fighting, or stabbing over an unused, out of the way section of the barricades.  As Baron said, Legionnaires seem to be decent at most things, but not amazing at any one thing (other than 1h melee fighting, but that doesn't seem to be a valued skill in the game's current state...  Maybe one day).

(07-06-2018, 09:03 PM)Kura Wrote: EDIT: 
This request is not for a stat change, only for a Legio Lock throw with + ammo count towards it.

The ammo count of Legionnaire throwing is an item stat.  I understand that you mean it is not a request for a change to a class stat, but buffing items that specifically belong to that class still count as buffing that class, just as buffing its class stats directly would be.  I'm certain a request asking for Legacy to gain +6 cut would still be considered asking for a buff for Zweihanders.  Baron's point was that Legionnaire already has so much going for it, continuing to buff it through item stats seems like overdoing it (from his point of view, not necessarily mine).

To address the poll:
No.  Pikemen can keep their throwing axes.

No models.  (I know that a model was linked, but it also has a price tag of $25 and the NordInvasion team would prefer to use OSP or originally produced models, and adding a whole new item type with a single model is not something the NordInvasion team would like to do).

Maybe, but I'd rather throwing axes be more viable.

Maybe more ammo for throwing axes in general is a good idea, as they throw a bit faster now than when their ammo counts were last set.  This could also apply to daggers.
(07-06-2018, 09:38 PM)Winter Wrote: To address the poll:
No.  Pikemen can keep their throwing axes.

No models.  (I know that a model was linked, but it also has a price tag of $25 and the NordInvasion team would prefer to use OSP or originally produced models, and adding a whole new item type with a single model is not something the NordInvasion team would like to do).

Maybe, but I'd rather throwing axes be more viable.

Maybe more ammo for throwing axes in general is a good idea, as they throw a bit faster now than when their ammo counts were last set.  This could also apply to daggers.

I'm glad to see this actually being addressed instead of dismissed totally as it is a Feature "Request" not a demand xD

Thanks for your input and yes i now see Sir Baron's point, hopefully some arrangement can come out of this!

As for models i'm fiddling with blender myself to maybe bring something to the table as a project of my own whether it be a stockpile of a new "Weapon Class" or just a new model of a current class, hopefully i can get a preview out soon which i'll be more than happy to ask the community for some constructive criticism.
Loot:

Aurora Blade 23.03.2019
Volundr Greatsword 12/11/2020

Official event times (Praven):

<19:50:13> "Faravin": Normal -9:17
<20:07:55> "Faravin": Hard -15:55

[Image: 2pcM1nK.png]

Just make the Dwarf Axe a throwing
Model is the right size  Big Grin
i think malice are great, but....
Just adding length to malice would make it an amazing (nearly op) weapon. They are great as they are, and I understand not adding length to a throwing axe. As for ammo, yes the ammo is low if you have 2 stacks+shield+1h. I personally hardly use my own shield, but drop it for 3 stacks, and pick one up on the way out of shield wall to clean up waves (this requires some juggling, and sometimes your shield will despawn or someone will take it). In a good run there are usually shields just laying around anyways tho. Juggle some shields and axes and you’re set up.

So any buff that would benefit legion the most imo would be length for throwing axes (3 stacks+shield)
This would, however, make 1h legion weapons even less effective and lower demand even more (it’s already low)

Biggest buff would be allow pike hero’s to use malice (but for selfish reasons on my part)
Full disclosure, I voted that it was fine and leave it, as did most voters.
Also, severance are too long and look silly, pls nerf length.

There, now as always, I’ve made no real point and argued more than one side. YW
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
28 ammo is plenty for 1 wave. Start the wave by throwing at the shield wall to clear out the big pile of melee and then by the time you run out of ammo the ranged should be thinned by people peeking and you can move out against the 5-10 left and pull 1 or 2 at a time or move out with the team and fight them all. Or you could just make extra stacks before each wave and not run out of throwing at all.

Legionnaire is already the best at 1h combat AND has throwing better than most pikeman heroes. It even has 8 shielding so you can shield things pretty well too. Legionnaire is probably the most powerful of the commando heroes and really doesn't need any buffs on top of the stats it already has. There are plenty of ways to stay active in a wave besides throwing for 100% of it. Might as well make a pikeman if that's what you're going for.
[Image: 5OL0wry.png]

[Image: D7W32lN.jpg]

(06-06-2018, 02:49 PM)Soviet Wrote: buff malice

[Image: 8Mz35Q.jpg]
(07-06-2018, 10:23 PM)Deer Wrote: i think malice are great, but....
Just adding length to malice would make it an amazing (nearly op) weapon. They are great as they are, and I understand not adding length to a throwing axe. As for ammo, yes the ammo is low if you have 2 stacks+shield+1h. I personally hardly use my own shield, but drop it for 3 stacks, and pick one up on the way out of shield wall to clean up waves (this requires some juggling, and sometimes your shield will despawn or someone will take it). In a good run there are usually shields just laying around anyways tho. Juggle some shields and axes and you’re set up.

So any buff that would benefit legion the most imo would be length for throwing axes (3 stacks+shield)
This would, however, make 1h legion weapons even less effective and lower demand even more (it’s already low)

Biggest buff would be allow pike hero’s to use malice (but for selfish reasons on my part)
Full disclosure, I voted that it was fine and leave it, as did most voters.
Also, severance are too long and look silly, pls nerf length.

There, now as always, I’ve made no real point and argued more than one side. YW

Like I said 43 length is well short but I don't think an overall buff in length is needed (adding that's a new model + texture, not just new numbers). It's usable just doesn't have stats that reflect on how short it is (put Hc,steel stinger etc here for an example). 

My set up when using them was Malice + Moj + Shield now that may seem a bit weird but with 2 of them having different modes I really have throwing axes + 1h axe + 2h hammer + 1h hammer + shield. Having this much power in 1 class is almost ridiculous lol... 

Seeing how in the past years bastards have had more of a 50/50 in stats eg Ab,Moj,... maybe axes should be treated as such? Like Wulfsbane a sniper 1h has even better stats vs Malice.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
When it comes to ammo count, I just do what Sigolo said: produce some more throwables and leave them by refill. I also do it with my Pikeman chars. This way everyone can get a quick reload.

As for what Woody mentioned: I've actually been always finding it funny to pay attention not to throw away the last VHTA. Wink
(08-06-2018, 05:40 AM)Bobo Wrote: When it comes to ammo count, I just do what Sigolo said: produce some more throwables and leave them by refill. I also do it with my Pikeman chars. This way everyone can get a quick reload.

As for what Woody mentioned: I've actually been always finding it funny to pay attention not to throw away the last VHTA. Wink

Yeah i've also been trying to keep my last VHTA and most of the time throw it Tongue

As for woody's setup yes that is quite a loadout but thats what is expected from a pure legendary loadout is it not? Seems like a ridiculous jump in power from house craft - Legendary items with legionnaire if you add a mjolnir to the mix.

But in truth 14 ammo count for VHTA's is very low especially as winter said they do throw "Faster" meaning you run out of them twice as fast as javaline type weapons but not as fast as daggers.

I usually run out within the first 2 minutes of a wave but still grabbing myself atleast 6-15 kills at the shield wall depending on the wave and then there is a time gate on when it's the correct time to run out and use my 1-H, yes maybe dropping some throwables at a Refil but the chances of them being picked up by nearly everyone is a high risk.
Shielding is fine yes but to an extent and i feel the shielding skill is perfect where it is with no changes needed but you really cannot shield alot. My royal shield doesn't even last a full prince wave (Without prince being at the shield wall).
Loot:

Aurora Blade 23.03.2019
Volundr Greatsword 12/11/2020

Official event times (Praven):

<19:50:13> "Faravin": Normal -9:17
<20:07:55> "Faravin": Hard -15:55

[Image: 2pcM1nK.png]

(08-06-2018, 07:55 AM)Kura Wrote: As for woody's setup yes that is quite a loadout but thats what is expected from a pure legendary loadout is it not? Seems like a ridiculous jump in power from house craft - Legendary items with legionnaire if you add a mjolnir to the mix.

VHTA, Harbinger, shield (I really have throwing axes + 1h axe + 2h hammer + 1h hammer + shield. Having this much power in 1 class is almost ridiculous lol...)

I could have said that as well.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|