Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Faction Points 2.0
(08-05-2019, 10:04 AM)Forward Wrote: 1. Game economy is in fine balance atm, no changes needed. Extra gold influx will result in inflation, which is worst thing game economy might experience. Right now there is a healthy demand for a gold which is nice.
2. Increasing assist/gold ratio for players with more FP will lead to social inequality increase, and rich will become richer, which is bad for mod longevity. Any economy change should focus on opposite: on decreasing social inequality and making mod easier to get into for new players.

Deflation is worse than Inflation. There is a reason, central banks around the world aim for 2 % Inflation per year. If you think about it,it makes sense: Deflation means that the price of an item decreases over time. If I know the price decreases, I will wait another 2 weeks and in 2 weeks the same thing happens again. The seller however, keeps decreasing his prices and this only meets my expectations. If you keep thinking this through, the game economy stops working at some point. 

Inflation means the prices increase over time. If I know the prices are going to rise, it make sense to buy an item today and not wait for it. This will keep trades going, which is needed for a good economy. Right now there is a need for Inflation, which in return means an increase in Gold
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
One more point.

If the prices of most things have gone down by so much why have the top things stayed the same price or even got more expensive? That put a bugger gap from the rich to the poor.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(08-05-2019, 11:47 AM)Woody Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:41 AM)Forward Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:30 AM)Woody Wrote: Atm, we do have a gold problem

Not 'we'. You have a gold problem.

I have some new people on Au i play with.

Getting gold as a new person when mats are worthless is harder than before upgrades were a thing. 

When lumps were 60k and eagles at 100k do you think that's good for new players?

Do people still call out mats in Ts? No, because it's like " ya i just looted my 400 bronze arrowhead"

Yes, it's good. Because when I started playing SHC was 450k and now 150k on AH. Bronze arrows were 600k and now 200k. And so on. It's much easier to get craftable entry-grade and housecraftable items now.

Only 1 thing for new player really need gold is hero class. But it's never was supposed to be easy and we all went that hard way, which is challenging and nice. Moreover there is an option to play hybrid for free.

And it's easy to sell materials nowadays because everyone buys them for upgrades, which is also good income source for new players.

(08-05-2019, 11:55 AM)Woody Wrote: One more point.

If the prices of most things have gone down by so much why have the top things stayed the same price or even got more expensive? That put a bugger gap from the rich to the poor.

Top-grade items is not what divides rich from poor. For many players to get housecraftable tier is a dream. You're too rich to understand.
(08-05-2019, 11:55 AM)Forward Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:47 AM)Woody Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:41 AM)Forward Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 11:30 AM)Woody Wrote: Atm, we do have a gold problem

Not 'we'. You have a gold problem.

I have some new people on Au i play with.

Getting gold as a new person when mats are worthless is harder than before upgrades were a thing. 

When lumps were 60k and eagles at 100k do you think that's good for new players?

Do people still call out mats in Ts? No, because it's like " ya i just looted my 400 bronze arrowhead"

Yes, it's good. Because when I started playing SHC was 450k and now 150k on AH. Bronze arrows were 600k and now 200k. And so on. It's much easier to get craftable entry-grade and housecraftable items now.

Only 1 thing for new player really need gold is hero class. But it's never was supposed to be easy and we all went that hard way, which is challenging and nice. Moreover there is an option to play hybrid for free.

And it's easy to sell materials nowadays because everyone buys them for upgrades, which is also good income source for new players.

I like how you list craftables with no gold sink so only greens and some blues. I've seen new people grind for 3 weeks to get almost a full blue set.

You also forget about the other gold sinks like respeces, making a house etc...

Saying the avg is green to light blue when if you list them all the midpoint in this game is dark blue as well. That's not even adding upgrades.

market place > green > light blue > light blue 1 hero > dark blue > dark blue 1 hero > orange > red > red 1 hero

Not adding again the avg player is not even a new player.

(08-05-2019, 11:51 AM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 10:04 AM)Forward Wrote: 1. Game economy is in fine balance atm, no changes needed. Extra gold influx will result in inflation, which is worst thing game economy might experience. Right now there is a healthy demand for a gold which is nice.
2. Increasing assist/gold ratio for players with more FP will lead to social inequality increase, and rich will become richer, which is bad for mod longevity. Any economy change should focus on opposite: on decreasing social inequality and making mod easier to get into for new players.

Deflation is worse than Inflation. There is a reason, central banks around the world aim for 2 % Inflation per year. If you think about it,it makes sense: Deflation means that the price of an item decreases over time. If I know the price decreases, I will wait another 2 weeks and in 2 weeks the same thing happens again. The seller however, keeps decreasing his prices and this only meets my expectations. If you keep thinking this through, the game economy stops working at some point. 

Inflation means the prices increase over time. If I know the prices are going to rise, it make sense to buy an item today and not wait for it. This will keep trades going, which is needed for a good economy. Right now there is a need for Inflation, which in return means an increase in Gold

1. Game economy is different from real one.
2. Prices are more or less stable now, so there is no deflation atm.
3. At least now gold is worth something otherwise we will have barter-based economy.
(08-05-2019, 12:02 PM)Forward Wrote:

3. At least now gold is worth something otherwise we will have barter-based economy.

The stock for Elegy seems low 

[Image: 1ffcb214742e72db9fcaadb0fdb880ac.png]

Mat prices are moving still. The difference is we don't have as many people playing vs half a year ago

That last point is funny as the opposite could be said about mats now.

1. Human behaviour determines economy, which doesnt change just because it happens in a game. 
If your point is true, where is your proof or explanation? Just saying it like that because you think its true, is a bad argument. 
2. Deflation is real, just follow the price development on the AH. 
3. Gold was worth something before aswell, it were just different dimension. Also: when was this "otherwise"
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
Why is it low? It's hoplite-locked spear. No one even plays hoplite anymore after inf got buffed. And the guy left mod so make discount to you. And you even had 3m regardless telling about how hard to get gold.

(08-05-2019, 12:14 PM)[ASSASSINE] Wrote:

1. Human behaviour determines economy, which doesnt change just because it happens in a game. 
If your point is true, where is your proof or explanation? Just saying it like that because you think its true, is a bad argument. 
2. Deflation is real, just follow the price development on the AH. 
3. Gold was worth something before aswell, it were just different dimension. Also: when was this "otherwise"

1. Real-world economy relies on production and consumption of goods and economic growth heavily relies on steady consumption rate, so deflation might harm industry. In-game economy doesn't have such categories, there is pure monetarism here.
2. In big time scale, yes. In 2-3 months scale, no, prices are same.
3. There is a difference is gold worth something like now and worth nothing like it will be if more gold sources added.
(08-05-2019, 12:16 PM)Forward Wrote: Why is it low? It's hoplite-locked spear. No one even plays hoplite anymore after inf got buffed. And the guy left mod so make discount to you. And you even had 3m regardless telling about how hard to get gold.

That's vlka's gold and vlka's spear now. 

The spear itself is undervalued atm as yes the class itself needs a buff however even now its about as good as Pok for 3m.

If you want to sell us something welcome to offer --> https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=71495

I made trades and got to 20m ish before upgrades. My house member said "upgrade this" well what i said about my 140m that's what i did with vlka as i had no "need" or "want" to upgrade anything.

If you run a house bank you don't buy what people want you to buy... You get what people hate or people have too much of like Dwarf axe. I would rather as a house have 5 dwarf axes than 1 vgs. 

We still have over 6m gold and will wait till something even better gets that low. My guess i half a year Ab, Gothic plate etc... all the drops that are not highly wanted will be less than 10m. 

In even more time maybe 5m the same as an upgrade cost.

You could make good money by mats and had to pay a good amount for them before - fine. It took me 1-2 weeks of nolifing NI for an housecraftable a year ago. Nowerdays, I could sell my mats... But the current prices are just not worth it. I'd rather keep them than selling rare mats for less than regular mats. Good side is I can buy legendarys for a low amount of cash, but still, any new player has to play more for hero. Talking about a SHC, craft them. Craft Bronze Arrows and dont spend money on it is what I'd do. Because you will need the cash. For hero. For any higher item where it is manditory.

Obviously this is a game and not RL. But economy works kinda the same. And honestly if that much money is put into upgrades, thats not just 2% deflation. We probably reached 50-70% within the past year. And I doubt its a good way to go. Having a minimum you could sell your mats for at the Marketplace atleast gave some safe money. I mean the Marketplace takes money from US for goods, it would make sense the give us some back for mats. Diffrence to the AH is that there, you keep cash in the community, the marketplace just soaks it up and its gone. Its there in value. But bareley traded and especially not in cash.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam