Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Support - Builder Role
(05-11-2018, 06:31 PM)Forward Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 06:17 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 06:13 PM)Forward Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 11:08 AM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 10:48 AM)Forward Wrote: I hope medics are able to build cades now as well.

Nah, engineers are engineers, medics are medics

Seriously, it's not an argument.

If you play let's say hard run with 2 engineers and medic and it's wave 9 incoming and both engineers are dead. How are you going to win? Before everyone can build cades, defend wave and continue run. And now it's a wipe. Using tomes is not an option so early in the run obviously.

I want to keep the roles separated as much as possible, so the class you pick actually matters. Tomes are ment to be used for strategic decisions, whether used to share loot or to keep a run from wiping.

It's a good thing that the game becomes a bit more challenging, keeps the minds fresh.

I think everyone regardless support class should be able to build cades, use barrels and tomes.

What's logic behind that hard role separation? Why do you think support class you picked should be important? This game is not about support classes.

Why do you think now a team from my example should wipe? Why are you trying to turn casual PvE mod into hardcore challenge? The_Russian already said about it, majority of players don't want hardcore/challenging experience, they just want to drop their cades onto ground and chill out shooting nords. It doesn't make them bad players who don't want to contribute to team success, but not everyone like competitive aspect of gaming. And as for myself I completely disagree with making this mod more challenging on basic level. It could be completely OK to make something like Uber-Rag mode for competitive players, but making game harder for everyone is completely wrong.

I think you are over exaggerating the problem here. Just because medic support items become only available to medics and barricades only becoming available to engineers, doesn't mean the mod is getting to a point where it is unplayable. As a reference, the original idea was that ragnarok was never supposed to be beatable, look at where we at now. Public runs can even beat that gamemode without the slightest of team work.

So is it wrong to make the game a tiny bit more challenging? I think not. The new support system makes sure that people feel like their support class actually matters. Medic have to heal and engineers have to build.
Wait! Wait! I visited the idea after about 2 engineers and one medic on the 9th wave.
As you probably can know in Russia a lot of pirated content. So, on the pirate mode Mercenaries was implemented the ability to raise the wounded. What am I even talking about? There is a possibility that you're not dead, but only wounded, you are lying and showing signs of life, twitching ever so slightly. Live player for a certain time can come and help you. While the animation is running. I'm not sure, but maybe our medics should try. )
This feature would allow the medic to be literally worth its weight in gold
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
I really think, the way it is going to change is well worth a try as cades won't die with
their respective bringers which solves the main problem. Adjusting HP and Building points
a bit will also do.
Apart from that there is already a mode you can join to "simply kill things": Normal
If that isn't enough, Forward, there are 1000+ Warband mods...just mentioning.

In this mod there are veterans and new players, with different equipment and a lot of
different interests in playing. Many play it for exactly the challenge that fits them best.
Otherwise NI would have long seized to exist as many other Warband mods already have.
The work of their Devs and the huge amount of time invested keeps it alive, together
with the player base, of which you can be (one single) part.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(05-11-2018, 06:45 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 06:13 PM)Forward Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 11:08 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: Nah, engineers are engineers, medics are medics

Seriously, it's not an argument.

If you play let's say hard run with 2 engineers and medic and it's wave 9 incoming and both engineers are dead. How are you going to win? Before everyone can build cades, defend wave and continue run. And now it's a wipe. Using tomes is not an option so early in the run obviously.

I want to keep the roles separated as much as possible, so the class you pick actually matters. Tomes are ment to be used for strategic decisions, whether used to share loot or to keep a run from wiping.

It's a good thing that the game becomes a bit more challenging, keeps the minds fresh.

I think everyone regardless support class should be able to build cades, use barrels and tomes.

What's logic behind that hard role separation? Why do you think support class you picked should be important? This game is not about support classes.

Why do you think now a team from my example should wipe? Why are you trying to turn casual PvE mod into hardcore challenge? The_Russian already said about it, majority of players don't want hardcore/challenging experience, they just want to drop their cades onto ground and chill out shooting nords. It doesn't make them bad players who don't want to contribute to team success, but not everyone like competitive aspect of gaming. And as for myself I completely disagree with making this mod more challenging on basic level. It could be completely OK to make something like Uber-Rag mode for competitive players, but making game harder for everyone is completely wrong.

I think you are over exaggerating the problem here. Just because medic support items become only available to medics and barricades only becoming available to engineers, doesn't mean the mod is getting to a point where it is unplayable. As a reference, the original idea was that ragnarok was never supposed to be beatable, look at where we at now. Public runs can even beat that gamemode without the slightest of team work.

So is it wrong to make the game a tiny bit more challenging? I think not. The new support system makes sure that people feel like their support class actually matters. Medic have to heal and engineers have to build.

1. Playability is nothing, fun is only important. People choose fun games to playable ones.
2. Teamwork was always required to beat Rag. You think that teamwork should be huge effort, but even if you not peeking on 9 you're already contributing. I mean if people don't so stupid things and not contributing negatively it was never supposed to be difficult.
3. For roles in the team only main class should matter, are you shooting, or shielding or doing whatever else. Support class should be minor addition and should not affect gameplay so cardinally.

Whatever. I just don't like it how it now. But if you'll get more players then lose you'll make me wrong about it.
(05-11-2018, 07:16 PM)Forward Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 06:45 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 06:13 PM)Forward Wrote: Seriously, it's not an argument.

1. Playability is nothing, fun is only important. People choose fun games to playable ones.
2. Teamwork was always required to beat Rag. You think that teamwork should be huge effort, but even if you not peeking on 9 you're already contributing. I mean if people don't so stupid things and not contributing negatively it was never supposed to be difficult.
3. For roles in the team only main class should matter, are you shooting, or shielding or doing whatever else. Support class should be minor addition and should not affect gameplay so cardinally.

Whatever. I just don't like it how it now. But if you'll get more players then lose you'll make me wrong about it.

"Whatever. I just don't like it how it now. But if you'll get more players then lose you'll make me wrong about it.

Was fun playing with u.... Cya mate
related: https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=70426