Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Please clarify the "etiquette" speaking in english
(22-03-2019, 12:08 PM)Ramos_Caoliki Wrote:
(22-03-2019, 12:00 PM)Forward Wrote: New players often want to ask something and can't because admins enforcing English-only policy.

That leads to new players decline of playing this mod.

While I agree that speaking languages other then English in game chat should be minimized, sometimes it's critical for successful defence to say something in new player native language so he can understand and does not wipe the whole team.

Separated language-board on the forums where new players would be able to ask their questions and not corrupt game chat would be nice addition. Mainly I speak about Russian and German ones as they're most spoken languages in game-chat outside English, may be Polish one too. Many games have "other languages" section on their forums, I'm surprised that NI doesn't.

NI does have other languages section have you read the forums...

EDIT: They removed it I forgot. It was never used so its clearly not useful

They removed it and more people started to speak non-English in game chat. Must be coincidence.
(22-03-2019, 12:00 PM)Forward Wrote: New players often want to ask something and can't because admins enforcing English-only policy.

While I agree that speaking languages other then English in game chat should be minimized, sometimes it's critical for successful defence to say something in new player native language so he can understand and does not wipe the whole team.

Separated language-board on the forums where new players would be able to ask their questions and not corrupt game chat would be nice addition. Mainly I speak about Russian and German ones as they're most spoken languages in game-chat outside English, may be Polish one too. Many games have "other languages" section on their forums, I'm surprised that NI doesn't.
Generally admins have no problem with a question and answer in some other language
When I start dropping red text is when people are talking in it for 2-3 waves
(22-03-2019, 12:12 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:

Generally admins have no problem with a question and answer in some other language
When I start dropping red text is when people are talking in it for 2-3 waves

Yes, but some things better to ask on the forums. Please consider restoring language-boards, at least Russian one, so I can point new players onto it instead of answering stupid questions in game-chat which is annoying and against the rules.
(22-03-2019, 12:11 PM)Forward Wrote:

They removed it and more people started to speak non-English in game chat. Must be coincidence.

Not coincidence, just more foreign players on the mod as opposed to english speakers who have quit en masse.
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
(22-03-2019, 12:38 PM)Ramos_Caoliki Wrote:

Not coincidence, just more foreign players on the mod as opposed to english speakers who have quit en masse.

There is still place to grow, this game has shockingly low amount of Russian players compared with other games like Dota, where most spoken language on EU West is probably Russian. I think it's before English-in-game-chat-only policy (which is OK) and lack of native forums (which is not OK and might be easily fixed).
Are you trying to compare A mod for Warband with Dota not bad
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(22-03-2019, 01:31 PM)Forward Wrote:
(22-03-2019, 12:38 PM)Ramos_Caoliki Wrote:

There is still place to grow, this game has shockingly low amount of Russian players compared with other games like Dota, where most spoken language on EU West is probably Russian. I think it's before English-in-game-chat-only policy (which is OK) and lack of native forums (which is not OK and might be easily fixed).
There was a rather large Russian community in NI for awhile
From what I heard they quite because of changes in game they disliked
I never heard complaints on the forums as a part of why they left

Edit: I'm not saying we should not bring back the old bored
Just want to make that clear

I have no idea why it was removed at that
I like the conclusion that playing NI should motivate players to learn English. (That's how my daughter, NI nick: Vendetta, started to really use English on daily basis and the final effect is pretty satisfying). It is also true for other multiplayer games: learn English so you can talk with anyone.

Still, I am not 100% convinced that we should punish players talking to each other in their native language because their command of English is not satisfactory. Just an opinion. Rules are rules.