Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Gold Problem
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Got a problem
23.08%
6 23.08%
Dont have a problem
46.15%
12 46.15%
People that play Ni have a problem
30.77%
8 30.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fix the market.
(03-01-2019, 04:23 PM)Malong Wrote: of those transactions put any value or evidence of Steel Stinger being 10 million. And only one of those four transactions even had Steel Stinger in it. Let's face reality, it's a weapon for a suboptimal class; 3 million gold seems about right.
What a good little straw man.

This full thread is about a gold problem of people giving a bigger and bigger discount to people that have gold for there crap or good product. Like I said in one of my posts I don't care if it's "value" is 3m. 

(29-12-2018, 05:37 AM)Woody, Wrote: I'm fine with the value of Steel Stinger being "3.2m" but what I don't like is seeing is the Griffon Bascinet effect. When the better red item is less/the same/or not much more than the crafted item when upgrading it costs itself x (idk). 

I care about how the gold discount has turned into lets says from 5-10% into Y%. (That % is just an example the Y is a growing one)

The trades are showing not long ago people were paying a lot more than 3m in "value" for either steel stinger or rw. I'm sure someone that either doesn't have 3m gold or even does would pay closer to the prices I've shown if paying avg stuff.

I'm sure we could ask habor how much some would need to pay in stuff for it.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(03-01-2019, 11:01 PM)Woody Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 04:23 PM)Malong Wrote: of those transactions put any value or evidence of Steel Stinger being 10 million. And only one of those four transactions even had Steel Stinger in it. Let's face reality, it's a weapon for a suboptimal class; 3 million gold seems about right.
What a good little straw man.

This full thread is about a gold problem of people giving a bigger and bigger discount to people that have gold for there crap or good product. Like I said in one of my posts I don't care if it's "value" is 3m. 

(29-12-2018, 05:37 AM)Woody, Wrote: I'm fine with the value of Steel Stinger being "3.2m" but what I don't like is seeing is the Griffon Bascinet effect. When the better red item is less/the same/or not much more than the crafted item when upgrading it costs itself x (idk). 

I care about how the gold discount has turned into lets says from 5-10% into Y%. (That % is just an example the Y is a growing one)

The trades are showing not long ago people were paying a lot more than 3m in "value" for either steel stinger or rw. I'm sure someone that either doesn't have 3m gold or even does would pay closer to the prices I've shown if paying avg stuff.

I'm sure we could ask habor how much some would need to pay in stuff for it.

I'm guessing you don't know what a straw man argument is. But hey, let's be condescending when I'm directly raising doubt on your statement below, which is the literal opposite of a straw man fallacy. Good job, yet again.

(29-12-2018, 05:37 AM)Woody Wrote: I would guess most people value [Steel Stinger] over "10m" yet putting it this low and it still won't sell is something ells.

(03-01-2019, 11:01 PM)Woody Wrote: This full thread is about a gold problem of people giving a bigger and bigger discount to people that have gold for there crap or good product. Like I said in one of my posts I don't care if it's "value" is 3m. 

(29-12-2018, 05:37 AM)Woody, Wrote: I'm fine with the value of Steel Stinger being "3.2m" but what I don't like is seeing is the Griffon Bascinet effect. When the better red item is less/the same/or not much more than the crafted item when upgrading it costs itself x (idk). 

I glossed over that quoted sentence ("When the better red item is less/the same/or not much more than the crafted item when upgrading it costs itself x (idk).") because I was being nice. But if you want to play that way, it seriously makes no sense. No really, read it aloud. I have no idea what you were trying to accomplish typing that the first nor second time.

But anyway, it's not a "discount;" it strictly dictates the value by the standard of gold. It's just deflation.

(03-01-2019, 11:01 PM)Woody Wrote: I care about how the gold discount has turned into lets says from 5-10% into Y%. (That % is just an example the Y is a growing one)

This implies that its "value" would be traded more highly if only items are involved. As items have no strict value, there is no comparison to gold unless you eliminate all variables to include just one item and just gold. That didn't happen in any of those transactions.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Guess I should have said "Xm" just to make you happy rather than saying a value that I got from my personal experience of what people are willing to sell and buy it for.

You're misrepresenting my points on why the value of gold [The main currency of Ni] is changing in relation to the value of items by talking about the value of "x" that you don't agree with just because that's an easy win.  - Straw Man

I could change it to any item ingame and I'm sure if it has been traded a decent amount in the past year you will see the trades that have majority gold in them are getting arguably cheaper and cheaper because of...
A. People having execs stuff and want cash 1st and mats 2nd for upgrades.
B. Gold itself has been sucked up by the big fish and still is. 
C. People are using gold more than its being [printed] dropped.
D. People are sitting on large amounts of gold waiting for updates or better yet are going afg cuz of [things] if that be this problem or a different one.

Ye, it wasn't the best sentence in the world but it didn't need to be that's why I said this "Griffon Bascinet effect". The Griffion has its reasons for being what it is but my point was with enough time most or if not all things would be affected.  As an example, let's say Dwarf Axe cuz it's already close... it's the same or close to the price of a house craftable 2h. 

My reasoning behind why 
1. Its not the best
2. is "the gold problem" 

I know some have sold for close to 5m and I'm happy with that I could not care less but I'm sure if I was to post WTB Dwarf Axe for 2m gold there would be a pm within a week and that's when I think its gone to far.

The value of any item other than craftables are not set in stone as they have no "gold sink" we agree on that as we should. Craftables/Upgrades are not set in stone either as mats have no fixed value however the gold in them is "true value" 

*Warring* 
Careful I'm going to use numbers [value] that you may not agree with. It to shows how I think things will go with most items given enough time seeing how the "deflation" is hitting gold harder than items and not slowing down. 

Dwarf axe could be let's say be 3m cash but 7m house craftables. Just to show do you have a problem here? If so do you have a problem with an item that you like for example tempest? Lets say one sells for 10m cash or lower even... down the line yet still sells for what we call today idk 50m+ worth of avg items.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I just checked my gold chart and Steel Stinger for 3m is correct. Not in value but in lines on the chart.
I don't really think that the development team should intervene in the market, it's ((free)) trade after all