Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Change Legendary chance to pseudorandom
(28-01-2019, 07:51 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: True random doesn't exists, if you are interested in how random numbers are generated, there a plenty of cool articles you can read on how random numbers are generated. Nordivasion does use the best function available to generate a random number.

Not to be a party breaker to the idea stated in OP, but it has one major flaw; the development team doesn't intervene in the market, therefor we can't control the droprate of legendaries based on value.

NordInvasion does have a pool where a legendary is selected from and some items have a higher chance in the pool then others

The 3 tri of legendary all should have the same drop chance on each of their modes. Cav should be the only exception to this as it can be easily soloed and its still work in progress. 

Normal -->  Orange   ( Vgs, Ags,...)
Hard    ---> All Heroes Red (Gothic, Dur,...)
Rag    --->  1-3 Heroes Red (Pol, Legacy,...) 

Cav would be
1w-5w (orange)
6-10w  (all heroes)
11-15w  (1-3 heroes) 

(28-01-2019, 07:51 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: I don't think the development team should ever intervene in the market.

Stop with this bs like really are you saying the dev team has never looked at the price of some material and change the drop rate. It happens all the time with mats and the devs or at least some are open about how they upped this mat at this time.

Can you please get off that high horse and see a Government (aka the dev team) needs to control the market or it will crash eventually.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(28-01-2019, 08:55 AM)Woody Wrote:
(28-01-2019, 07:51 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: I don't think the development team should ever intervene in the market.

Stop with this bs like really are you saying the dev team has never looked at the price of some material and change the drop rate. It happens all the time with mats and the devs or at least some are open about how they upped this mat at this time.

Can you please get off that high horse and see a Government (aka the dev team) needs to control the market or it will crash eventually.

No that is not what I am saying. I think you need to reread what I just said; I dont THINK the development team should intervene in the market, your response is unjustified and could do with a less passive aggressive tone when you can't even understand what I wrote.

Ever since winter left we have did little to no changes to the current drop system.
(28-01-2019, 09:10 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: Ever since winter left we have did little to no changes to the current drop system.

Ye ok my point is why do you see mats being so different from legendaries. I see craftables (mats) in the same core tree as legendaries

[Image: 3b644a00a0e482e67c2a7b7466ac9dbd.png]cfb to make it symmetrical

I believe in a free market for some things however a good market is a market that self-aware that it can do changes behind the scenes to improve the experience of the avg users

If we're talking about making legendary drop for sure not later than every X runs but to a random player, it requires a check if that would make them drop more or actually less than they do now. Not much of the difference anyway, just the matter of the drop ratio.

If we're talking about another system that awards a legendary to a particular player not later than every X runs, than this is indeed based on how much you play and sounds like a reward for being active. Might be the best thing indeed, it is just important to keep balance in how many of drops would come, to avoid flooding market with legendaries and thus depreciating them.
(28-01-2019, 07:45 AM)Cut-Me-Own-Throat-Dibbler Wrote:
(28-01-2019, 07:32 AM)Coconut Wrote: I would suggest a pity timer type system, where if you play 50-100 rag runs without looting your loot chance goes up 2-3x until you loot. then it gets reset back to 1.

However... theres like no way the devs would TRACK these stats and impliment this type of system sadly. Maybe... very doubtful

A system similar to that would be in my opinion the most elegant solution, because it would encourage playing, increases perceived  fairness, and still has a reasonable amount of randomness to it.

This is exactly what is needed imo. The fact that some people loot frequently and others don't loot at all
would be received way less unfair with said pity system put in place. A poll should be held about it and I'm
pretty sure it would have a forseeable outcome. More fairness is always the way to go and impacts motivation
to play positively...and prices for desired items.

As for the market and mat drops. There are background scripts in place if I remember correctly. For now drops
are ok but there are definitely periods with lower rates even after the update. Lumps are the best indicator for
this.

To be on topic: I guess it's fine to have such a thing, but what Coco wrote here is of much more significance.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
But if u wanna do it like that do you wanna add all 3 modes into one system if yes its gonna be most likely abused lets say after 50 runs i am only gonna play rag because my chance is increased etc

And if you make it for all 3 seperate there will be alot of drops i guess
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(28-01-2019, 09:59 AM)Thunderstorm Wrote: But if u wanna do it like that do you wanna add all 3 modes into one system if yes its gonna be most likely abused lets say after 50 runs i am only gonna play rag because my chance is increased etc

And if you make it for all 3 seperate there will be alot of drops i guess

It wouldn't increase the overall drop rate. It would just increase the likelihood that you get the loot if it drops. And naturally the increased chance would have to be saved individually for each game mode to make any sense.
---
"I'll sell it for less, and that's cutting me own throat." | My Steam Profile

[Image: j8ybJIA.png]
So would it be based on

-Ative game time
-Waves defended 
-Bots killed
-Ative wins
-Solo points?

or a mix of all or some of them.

Whatever it is this is what i suggested some time ago its similar to what's been said but may as well say it.

Giving each (X) a point value the player earns by clearing and having the total amount of points a player has be his chance of a drop and then resets once getting one.

Wouldn't add bots killed as this does not reward RGs (or instead add sth for them), and with the recent cading update we really need them on most maps (besides Royal Observatory with Aila + Volcs more or less)
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(28-01-2019, 10:37 AM)Woody Wrote: So would it be based on

-Ative game time
-Waves defended 
-Bots killed
-Ative wins
-Solo points?

or a mix of all or some of them.

Could be anything, really. Either a complex calculation like the one you mentioned, or a simple counter for how many boss waves a player participated in. Whatever the mechanics would be, though, I'd keep a lid on the details in order to prevent people from cheating the system.

However, as long as there is no indication that the current system of total randomness is ever going to be changed, discussing the specifics of such an idea is quite moot anyway.
---
"I'll sell it for less, and that's cutting me own throat." | My Steam Profile

[Image: j8ybJIA.png]