Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Change Legendary chance to pseudorandom
So to explain what is pseudorandomness on an example:
If there is a 1% chance for a legendary item,in 100 Odin Assists there will be ONLY ONE legendary drop distributed to player. No more no less.
I think loot shouldn't be distributed randomly but pseudorandomly.Then if somebody loots, RNGod would decide what item from the pool is that (maybe based on percentages what items should be distributed more often then the others). This would be more encouraging to play, when you have confirmed loot every 100 assists because player will be satisfied that he got something for his play time. Random based item distribution would also keep the value of items, and would keep the dopamine rush when you get that Rare legendary. Also this would eliminate the 'typical: "This is unfair that some red shirt looted ailadrodd after 2 weeks of playing, and I got wormbane after a year...". In my opinion change like this would be in favour to players while still keeping both sides happy.

If you have your opinion on this please share it.
Guess who's back?
(27-01-2019, 04:08 PM)Rydell Wrote: So to explain what is pseudorandomness on an example:
If there is a 1% chance for a legendary item,in 100 Odin Assists there will be ONLY ONE legendary drop distributed to player. No more no less.

I think loot shouldn't be distributed randomly but pseudorandomly.Then if somebody loots, RNGod would decide what item from the pool is that (maybe based on percentages what items should be distributed more often then the others). This would be more encouraging to play, when you have confirmed loot every 100 assists because player will be satisfied that he got something for his play time. Random based item distribution would also keep the value of items, and would keep the dopamine rush when you get that Rare legendary. Also this would eliminate the 'typical: "This is unfair that some red shirt looted ailadrodd after 2 weeks of playing, and I got wormbane after a year...".
. In my opinion change like this would be in favour to players while still keeping both sides happy.

no
Something like that was already requested but rejected i think
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(27-01-2019, 04:40 PM)Soviet Wrote:
(27-01-2019, 04:08 PM)Rydell Wrote: So to explain what is pseudorandomness on an example:

I think loot shouldn't be distributed randomly but pseudorandomly.Then if somebody loots, RNGod would decide what item from the pool is that (maybe based on percentages what items should be distributed more often then the others). This would be more encouraging to play, when you have confirmed loot every 100 assists because player will be satisfied that he got something for his play time. Random based item distribution would also keep the value of items, and would keep the dopamine rush when you get that Rare legendary. Also this would eliminate the 'typical: "This is unfair that some red shirt looted ailadrodd after 2 weeks of playing, and I got wormbane after a year...".
. In my opinion change like this would be in favour to players while still keeping both sides happy.

no

Care to explain why not?
Guess who's back?
The random legendary drops are by far the worst feature of NI in my opinion
It's a good idea,
but it would only be valid in my eyes if it was the loot feature from day one.
Consistency I suppose.
1x Tears of Hvergelmir.
(27-01-2019, 08:38 PM)Rydell Wrote:
(27-01-2019, 04:40 PM)Soviet Wrote:

no

Care to explain why not?

no
(27-01-2019, 04:43 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: Something like that was already requested but rejected i think

i did and it was.

(27-01-2019, 11:16 PM)Slugbath Wrote: It's a good idea,
but it would only be valid in my eyes if it was the loot feature from day one.
Consistency I suppose.

Consistency is what kills things when they don't change for the better. 

Whether that be for work or play stagnation is not something a creator should be striving for.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
In a broad sense sure, but you could also argue innovation doesn't always necessitate positive change either.

I think the consistency would need to apply here to validate all the previous players who have looted?

I still think it would have been a good idea from day one though and maybe something we can think about in NI2 if that does have a future in Bannerlord.
1x Tears of Hvergelmir.
(28-01-2019, 04:45 AM)Slugbath Wrote: In a broad sense sure, but you could also argue innovation doesn't always necessitate positive change either.

I think the consistency would need to apply here to validate all the previous players who have looted?

I still think it would have been a good idea from day one though and maybe something we can think about in NI2 if that does have a future in Bannerlord.

Well, I'm not going to argue its an easy change but i will argue that putting it off just because we didn't have it at the start is backwards to a lot of changes that have been made to Ni.

Even loot chance has changed from multiple loots a day to 1 every 2-3 weeks+ just within half a year. 

A change of system that falls some were in the middle would be perceived as the same unless told otherwise or people see it magically got "fairer".

We have had quite a time as a community with loot chance... from 2011-2018 we have seen the system give more to others and nothing to some. That's how chance works you have outliers and it feels bs because it is... 

The chance you are an outlier does get higher with the more hours you put into Ni just look at my hours and tell me is this something a new play should be happy about. 

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|