Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Unban request - BoS_CzlowiekKot
Hello, I would like to explain why I bielive I was unjustly banned.

Apparently i was banned for saying "GET THE WATER NIGGA, IT'S GOING DOWN".
Ban request thread: https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=71205

This phrase was a reference to this video (0:47):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHlF_cXVCY

This video is in no way racist, it is a viral video known for man's funny, overly expressive reaction to fireworks.

Moreover, I think there is a misunderstanding about the word itself. "nigga" and "nigger" are different words. The first one originates from the second one, however over the years it lost its original pejorative meaning. The word is widely used by blacks and it means nothing more than "man", "dude" or "bro". It would be hypocritical to ban black players for casually talking to each other.

Here's Eazy E confirming my opinion about the word:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCG3yUtS27c

And here's 2pac confirming that there is a difference (3:25):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljSCZyv97FY

Wikipedia also does a good job of explaining:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga

In conclusion:
- the video i quoted is not racist
- the word itself is not racist either, it may be, depending on the context

Thank you for reading
You are digging your own grave lad.
Just because you think a word is not racist, doesn't mean the the general populations' view of the word shares the vision of yours. As I quote from the Wikipedia (thanks for the link); "Many people consider the terms to be equally pejorative, and the use of nigga both in and outside black communities remains controversial" still means that not everyone has accepted the word to be used without consequences. It therefor violates two of our rules;
1. Do not insult other players - interact in a way that is respectful of other users.
2. There will be zero tolerance for discrimination. Respect everyone, regardless of their race, religion, nationality, age, gender, or sexual orientation, in-game level. This list is not exhaustive.

Please mature a bit more and understand that what you might say violates our rules. Don't come up with some smart-ass excuse with testimonials of two black rappers to justify a word that still has a controversial meaning. Don't be an idiot.
Thanks Kaasovic for the detailed reply.

CzlowiekKot you will remain banned until Tuesday 19th March 2019.

Make another request to have the ban lifted and put a link in the post to the Rules and confirm you have read them.
(19-02-2019, 06:13 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: You are digging your own grave lad.
Just because you think a word is not racist, doesn't mean the the general populations' view of the word shares the vision of yours. As I quote from the Wikipedia (thanks for the link); "Many people consider the terms to be equally pejorative, and the use of nigga both in and outside black communities remains controversial" still means that not everyone has accepted the word to be used without consequences. It therefor violates two of our rules;
1. Do not insult other players - interact in a way that is respectful of other users.
2. There will be zero tolerance for discrimination. Respect everyone, regardless of their race, religion, nationality, age, gender, or sexual orientation, in-game level. This list is not exhaustive.

Please mature a bit more and understand that what you might say violates our rules. Don't come up with some smart-ass excuse with testimonials of two black rappers to justify a word that still has a controversial meaning. Don't be an idiot.

I don't think that general populations' view is that the word is racist. It is widely and casually used in hip hop, 2 rappers I've mentioned are just an example. I know that there is controversy around the word, but there is controversy around just about any subject. Anyone can find something offensive, do you think this is rational?

Rule 1:
- who exactly did I insult? I was referencing a funny video (I understand that not everyone had to watch it) in a situation where the last player was facing last few bots. It wasn't meant to be insulting and it wasn't directed specifically towards anyone.
Rule 2:
- who did I discriminate against? The video I referenced was not about "race, religion, nationality, age, gender, or sexual orientation". Neither the video nor my intentions were to discriminate against anyone.

If I was black and I played with a black friend of mine, would you ban us both for casually using it, because someone else was offended?
I don't think this is mature at all. I didn't come up with any excuses, the word is casually used nowadays (the man in the video for instance).

From my point of view, I was banned for a joke someone didn't understand coming from a culture that someone doesn't understand.
(19-02-2019, 07:42 PM)CzlowiekKot Wrote:

I don't think that general populations' view is that the word is racist. It is widely and casually used in hip hop, 2 rappers I've mentioned are just an example. I know that there is controversy around the word, but there is controversy around just about any subject. Anyone can find something offensive, do you think this is rational?

Just because it might be accepted in the Hip Hop culture, doesn't mean it reflects the majority of the general populations' view, especially since the word is derived from the word that is associated with slavery. Anyone can indeed find something offensive, but the administration team is more then capable to view individual matter with rational view.

(19-02-2019, 07:42 PM)CzlowiekKot Wrote: Rule 1:
- who exactly did I insult? I was referencing a funny video (I understand that not everyone had to watch it) in a situation where the last player was facing last few bots. It wasn't meant to be insulting and it wasn't directed specifically towards anyone.
Rule 2:
- who did I discriminate against? The video I referenced was not about "race, religion, nationality, age, gender, or sexual orientation". Neither the video nor my intentions were to discriminate against anyone.

It doesn't matter if you insulted anyone, what matters more is that such language can insult someone, that's why the rules prohibit anyone from making any insults towards other players. Of course there is some leniency in the enforcement of the rules, as sometimes it just gets outright ridiculous. This is why Twitch is so aggressive in the usage of the words as well if you want an example.
Following your logic of merely quoting a video is kinda ignorant as it would allow me, for example, to quote the lyrics of a Johnny Rebel song or Shape of KFC to justify the usage of the word "nigger". It's a bad excuse to be honest.

(19-02-2019, 07:42 PM)CzlowiekKot Wrote: If I was black and I played with a black friend of mine, would you ban us both for casually using it, because someone else was offended?

I would also laugh at the limitations of your vocabulary (ad hominem aside).

Instead of just admitting that what you have done was stupid and immature, you persist on trying to justify the usage of the word by using dumb references and arguments.

To be fair; I have absolutely no issue with the word personally, but when it comes to posting it on our server really oversteps the boundaries. We have rules to enforce to ensure everyone (probably more like the majority), have a good time playing on the servers without being confronted with the reality we live in.
(I can't do these nested quotes)

Quote:Kaasovic
(19-02-2019, 07:42 PM)CzlowiekKot Wrote:

Just because it might be accepted in the Hip Hop culture, doesn't mean it reflects the majority of the general populations' view, especially since the word is derived from the word that is associated with slavery. Anyone can indeed find something offensive, but the administration team is more then capable to view individual matter with rational view.

I don't believe this was rational in this case.

(19-02-2019, 08:11 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(19-02-2019, 07:42 PM)CzlowiekKot Wrote: Rule 1:
Rule 2:

It doesn't matter if you insulted anyone, what matters more is that such language can insult someone, that's why the rules prohibit anyone from making any insults towards other players. Of course there is some leniency in the enforcement of the rules, as sometimes it just gets outright ridiculous. This is why Twitch is so aggressive in the usage of the words as well if you want an example.
Following your logic of merely quoting a video is kinda ignorant as it would allow me, for example, to quote the lyrics of a Johnny Rebel song or Shape of KFC to justify the usage of the word "nigger". It's a bad excuse to be honest.

In your first reply you used the word "idiot", it used to be a term for mental disability. Someone might consider it offensive. Does that warrant a ban? "but someone might be insulted" is a bad excuse for censorship in my opinion.
The songs you mentioned, were either racist or provocative, my video wasn't. The guy could have said "GET THE WATER DUDE IT'S GOING DOWN" and it would be equally funny/relevant.

(19-02-2019, 08:11 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(19-02-2019, 07:42 PM)CzlowiekKot Wrote: If I was black and I played with a black friend of mine, would you ban us both for casually using it, because someone else was offended?

I would also laugh at the limitations of your vocabulary (ad hominem aside).

Wouldn't this be hypocritical? It's as if a black person isn't allowed to be themselves. And it's not really ad hominem, because we are discussing an issue of unjust bans by an admin and you are one of the admins.

(19-02-2019, 08:11 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Instead of just admitting that what you have done was stupid and immature, you persist on trying to justify the usage of the word by using dumb references and arguments.

I think being offended by jokes on the internet and banning people over it is immature. Whether my joke/reference was stupid is, I think, a matter of taste or sense of humor. I feel like you're equally using justifications to ban me.

I'm pretty sure that no one was in fact offended and the person who reported me just finds it funny to get people banned for no reason.

(19-02-2019, 08:11 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: To be fair; I have absolutely no issue with the word personally, but when it comes to posting it on our server really oversteps the boundaries. We have rules to enforce to ensure everyone (probably more like the majority), have a good time playing on the servers without being confronted with the reality we live in.

Well,at least that's nice to hear.
Your plea of not guilty has been repealed and I have taken the liberty to extend the date of which you can appeal to this ban by another month.
I'll also warn you that I'll extend the ban by another month each time you try to justify the usage of the word again.

We have to set the border somewhere and you clearly overstepped it, now be a man and accept the punishment.

Let this be a warning to everyone that quoting anything does not justify the usage of unacceptable language.