Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you find the project useful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
73.33%
22 73.33%
No
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NICE
(06-05-2019, 09:51 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 08:18 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: I did see how Terath explained the fantasy within this mod dont worry and i dont mind but there is a guy that is trying to get some new lets say flavour in that mod  i understand that the Dev Team wants to keep the game as realistic as possible but why dont u just give it a try make a new bot called "Ceremonial Warrior" or smth and try it

Could be a new mode
Ceremonial Invasion or something like that

A ceremonial bot would do it for now.

(06-05-2019, 08:07 PM)Soviet Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 08:00 PM)Thunderstorm Wrote: Good thing we dont have fantasy weapons like Fang/FE AGS/VGS maybe we need something more lets say futuristic maybe lightsabers oh dont forget the bows that shoot 5+ arrows i assume u could precisely shoot 5+ arrows in medieval times

Oh look, another retard who hasn't read the last few posts

Oh look, another guy who can‘t stay objective. There is absolutely no reason to become rude and offend another participant of this more or less important discussion. 
Why is it that important to you that nords never really used horned helmets except from ceremonial aspects? I connect nordic warriors with strong horned helmets even though its a myth. vikings are always connected to horned helmets. 
If NI was supposed to be developed realistically, then why do swords deal cut damage even though they were supposed to break bones with a blunt blade? 

Being tolerant and open to new things is important and once more for a dying game.
I  respect your own opinion but try to keep it clear and without insults.
[Image: wQXN2eq.png]
(06-05-2019, 10:17 PM)Coconut Wrote: I think on normal+hard mode realism is good. But on rag where u got "Spawns of Loki". Spawns of a god, would make sense to be a little fantasy based. The tricksters are fantasy enough, however Thors chosen & odins chosen are kinda bland. Would love for them to look more like a guard/chosen of a god.
Thor's bots need some way to heal each other but not thor. Maybe some new bot in the wave other than snipers/rangers?

Looking into it Sif is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sif maybe she could be part of the wave as the healer/ranged for the bots. 

Odin's wave could have a time limit until other bosses with no loot chance come in. 

Just think if you take to long on Odin you get 1st Prince 2nd Loke then 3rd Thor. Maybe every 5mins? idk.

Then for Odin's bots, you could have more than 1 type like Bow/Xbows/Pike/Hammer/2h. 

or 

Have 1 of each hero as a Odin's chosen so you have a tank one "jugg" and one with a really good bow "warden" etc...

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: Oh look, another guy who can‘t stay objective.

Yes, because you saying "well I associate nordic warriors with horned helmets" is very objective.

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: There is absolutely no reason to become rude and offend another participant of this more or less important discussion. 

Thunder just dropped by to add his funny little sarcastic comment which was defunct by the time he posted it. Quite a participant, indeed.

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: Why is it that important to you that nords never really used horned helmets except from ceremonial aspects?

Because I'm being objective. The fact that they weren't (widely) used in battle is a testament to how impractical they were.

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: I connect nordic warriors with strong horned helmets even though its a myth. vikings are always connected to horned helmets. 

How subjective of you.

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: If NI was supposed to be developed realistically, then why do swords deal cut damage even though they were supposed to break bones with a blunt blade? 

What? A sword is ideally much sharper than a kitchen knife. Why would you break bones when you can cut through bones?

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: A ceremonial bot would do it for now.

Excellent way to shoehorn in some impractical designs. I'll support this if you let us press a button to grab their horns and then let a teammate instakill them as they frantically try to take their helmet off
(07-05-2019, 12:24 PM)Soviet Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: Oh look, another guy who can‘t stay objective.

Yes, because you saying "well I associate nordic warriors with horned helmets" is very objective.

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: There is absolutely no reason to become rude and offend another participant of this more or less important discussion. 

Thunder just dropped by to add his funny little sarcastic comment which was defunct by the time he posted it. Quite a participant, indeed.

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: Why is it that important to you that nords never really used horned helmets except from ceremonial aspects?

Because I'm being objective. The fact that they weren't (widely) used in battle is a testament to how impractical they were.

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: I connect nordic warriors with strong horned helmets even though its a myth. vikings are always connected to horned helmets. 

How subjective of you.

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: If NI was supposed to be developed realistically, then why do swords deal cut damage even though they were supposed to break bones with a blunt blade? 

What? A sword is ideally much sharper than a kitchen knife. Why would you break bones when you can cut through bones?

(06-05-2019, 10:19 PM)Angar Wrote: A ceremonial bot would do it for now.

Excellent way to shoehorn in some impractical designs. I'll support this if you let us press a button to grab their horns and then let a teammate instakill them as they frantically try to take their helmet off

I was not talking about your content because as I said I respect your own opinion. I was more likely talking about the insult which is, even though its Thunder, not necessary and in that case you should stay objective to other participants. And yes, even thunder was a participant of this discussion since he contributed something to the topic.

If you want a button to immobilize them by grabbing their horns, why don't you want the button for the winged helmets as well? That'd be easy to hold the prince and the siege captain and I'm pretty sure those helmets were as impractical as the horned helmets.

Regarding the sword thingi; Some people say swords were used with a blunt blade, others sa ythey were sharp. Idk what was true back in the days but I don't actually care what was true and realistic - I like fantasy stuff too.
(07-05-2019, 01:59 PM)Angar Wrote: Regarding the sword thing; Some people say swords were used with a blunt blade, others say they were sharp. Idk what was true back in the days

Yes.

Typically only the last third or so would be sharpened, depending on the type of blade, meaning they could be used for both.

Also this was a thing: https://youtu.be/vwuQPfvSSlo?t=423
Second Post was a bit more serious but i would love to see "Ceremonial Warriors" in the game maybe u can loot those juicy daggers you just made

The insult didnt bother me either i played merc for 3-4 years
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(07-05-2019, 03:27 PM)Winter Wrote: Also this was a thing: https://youtu.be/vwuQPfvSSlo?t=423

Mordhau mode lul
Aventurier crossbow hero needs some kind of light armor like legionnaire has milanese plate

i've made a thread about here:
https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...#pid321970

also created a texture for it
I'd love to work on that but unfortunately soon I have finals and I'm in a pretty rough situation. So for right now no new models from me. Probably after finals.
Guess who's back?