Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Survival Mode.
(09-04-2019, 10:48 AM)Sir Baron Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 03:50 AM)oracolus Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 07:10 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 04:30 PM)oracolus Wrote: To begin with, something like this would be improbable to implement properly, but i like to play around with the idea though.

Obvious Cons* Lag, and alot of it. Trying to create an endless mode of attacking nords would be a nightmare i assume.(Per wave, not constantly) However, if i were to make one, it would be a type of "Ultimate challange" for the swadian heroes.

The nords would get progressively stronger, going from Normal to Ragnarok scale of difficulty, but also with modifiers by certain milestones to keep it interesting/ challanging. (More Health or More bots)

Players would recieve an increase in potential build Points to compesate for the larger amounts of Nords. I dont know about bosses though as this is focused on the army rather than their commanders. The map would be wide and hold multiple entrances to keep people from blocking themselves in via turtling.

Some may complain about the lack of bosses as not being able to get legendaries. That is a double-egded sword though, because i doubt the developers vision was to have the bosses farmed indefinitely.

This is not a request, this is simply an exercise of the concept.

How would you implement a Survival mode in NI?
This feels less like a new mode to me and more like all the old ones put together

I'm also not really sure how I feel about cades on that type of mode
I feel like it would be more fun if people had to only use there own skills and a team if they have it

Also really love Terath's idea
I Think it would be less time consuming for the Devs to use troops from all Three difficulties rather than to make all new ones, including modeling and whatnot. Cades would still be needed (I guess) to hold off the inevitable horde. Even though you are surrounded by players,( and could be strong yourself) that will only last so long Before you either die or are overrun.
Kind of thought the point of this mode would be you would end up over run
It would be more meant to see how far you get rather then to win
Otherwise it just sounds like you are talking about a mode that is simple Normal, Hard and Rag combined

That implies the devs would make a wave that's basically impossible at some point. What's the point in that?

If rag had a w16 with 10 Odin's that had 10x the hp it would be the same thing. Just a wave that no one can do unless a dev comes into save the day.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Terath, please do it, it would be awesome Smile Tongue
(09-04-2019, 11:01 AM)Lord_Carlitos Wrote: Terath, please do it, it would be awesome Smile Tongue

Think that's more of a Kip/code thing, not a model/stats one? 

We would also need custom maps and that takes a good amount of time.

Adding Kass is gone we are looking at a game mode that would maybe take a year+ to add?

Do you want this or lots of smaller things? Idk myself but it seems not fleshed out enough for me to say this yet.

(09-04-2019, 11:00 AM)Woody Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 10:48 AM)Sir Baron Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 03:50 AM)oracolus Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 07:10 PM)Sir Baron Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 04:30 PM)oracolus Wrote: To begin with, something like this would be improbable to implement properly, but i like to play around with the idea though.

Obvious Cons* Lag, and alot of it. Trying to create an endless mode of attacking nords would be a nightmare i assume.(Per wave, not constantly) However, if i were to make one, it would be a type of "Ultimate challange" for the swadian heroes.

The nords would get progressively stronger, going from Normal to Ragnarok scale of difficulty, but also with modifiers by certain milestones to keep it interesting/ challanging. (More Health or More bots)

Players would recieve an increase in potential build Points to compesate for the larger amounts of Nords. I dont know about bosses though as this is focused on the army rather than their commanders. The map would be wide and hold multiple entrances to keep people from blocking themselves in via turtling.

Some may complain about the lack of bosses as not being able to get legendaries. That is a double-egded sword though, because i doubt the developers vision was to have the bosses farmed indefinitely.

This is not a request, this is simply an exercise of the concept.

How would you implement a Survival mode in NI?
This feels less like a new mode to me and more like all the old ones put together

I'm also not really sure how I feel about cades on that type of mode
I feel like it would be more fun if people had to only use there own skills and a team if they have it

Also really love Terath's idea
I Think it would be less time consuming for the Devs to use troops from all Three difficulties rather than to make all new ones, including modeling and whatnot. Cades would still be needed (I guess) to hold off the inevitable horde. Even though you are surrounded by players,( and could be strong yourself) that will only last so long Before you either die or are overrun.
Kind of thought the point of this mode would be you would end up over run
It would be more meant to see how far you get rather then to win
Otherwise it just sounds like you are talking about a mode that is simple Normal, Hard and Rag combined

That implies the devs would make a wave that's basically impossible at some point. What's the point in that?

If rag had a w16 with 10 Odin's that had 10x the hp it would be the same thing. Just a wave that no one can do unless a dev comes into save the day.

Am I missing something?
I always thought the point of a Survival Game/Mode was to see how far you could get
Not to get to the end and win
Otherwise how is this different then Rag?
how many waves do you think people will get to?

how many waves do you think the devs will make?

Making a mode that "can" go on forever is alot of work so do you think the dev team will do that or make a hard crap?

When I saw this I just mainly had in mind a battlefield with cover (trebuchets, catapults, palisades etc), ammo etc spread out around the map but if its going to be an actual mode and with this strong idea Terath already has about it creating a map/maps for this shouldnt be too hard but itll probably come down to the code for it.

Also jesus guys dont quote the entire thing when replying...
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
There's not much I can say for how easy or hard it would be to code for this mode, as I am obviously not a coder. I assume that the code for this mode would be somewhat easier to realize, since native has some form of capture points as a multiplayer mode that would speed up the process if they are usable. Though, it always ends up being way harder and more complex than it seems, so it would require a bit of time to get the mode working and playable.

The way I envisioned it, there would not be new enemies made for this mode unless a type of enemy doesn't scale well enough, or the transition from, let's say, Nord Sniper to Einherjar Ranger is too large. The enemies would start out from early normal, then to late normal, early hard, late hard, early Ragnarok and late Ragnarok. I also considered adding some new troops in the form of a field captain, in which one enemy would be considerably stronger than the enemies it spawned with and it would give a passive buff in an AoE around him. As time goes on, more and more field captains would spawn in, creative more overlapping passive buffs and making it increasingly harder to kill enemies. With this, a definitive target is established and more depth added to the enemies being thrown at the player.

The way castles are designed in Warband allow for a lot of different angles for you to be attacked from, meaning cades are less useful than they would be otherwise. I know this was stated before, but using barricades for blocking off enemy movements or shutting off entryways would be a much more effective use of barricades.

The point of the mode is to either leave on the highest 3 minute rotation you feel safe with or die trying. I played with the idea of rewarding players for leaving safely, but I feel that it wouldn't let players push their limits enough. There is no punishment for losing this mode; you get rewarded for getting as far as you possibly can.

I feel like loot would be handled differently as well. Allowing players to kill endless amounts of enemies could lead to a lot of unwanted situations when it comes to things like materials. So, I'd rather it be instead of you looting randomly off of enemies (or looting randomly off of enemies in this mode is severely reduced), you get rewarded for how long you stay. Your chances of getting better and better things would go up and eventually cap at a point, and added onto the gold you get for each wave cleared (1000 gold * (minute the game is lost) = gold reward), you would still get a sizable reward for your extended efforts, and be rewarded for the longer you go. On top of this, the assist XP given for each bot would be reduced to compensate for the sheer amount of bots that would be killed (the assist XP given would still scale upward like it does now, but less so).

Because the difficulty of this mode is all encompassing much like cavalry, there would most likely only be one server for each region of this game type at a time. I feel like this is fine because if it has a player cap of 20 or something similar, you most likely won't be hitting the cap very often. This mode would also be viable for events, given a great deal of time for making sure everything is stable.

Also, I wouldn't have autoblocking on this mode. I have never been a fan of autoblocking as I feel it removes a lot of the challenge from fighting enemies one-on-one, which there would be a lot more of in a mode like this.

Again, this is just how I personally would make an endless horde mode. There are currently no plans to do an idea like this, although I am 100% not against it. A new mode would really spice the game up and give players something else to do other than just barricading and standing still. This mode requires movement and some offensive capabilities rather than defensive capabilities and no movement. A lot of good could come from a mode like this, and I recognize that. So, while I'm saying that there's no plans for it currently, that doesn't mean it's off the table.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
*It would be more meant to see how far you get rather then to win*

I completely agree with that, Terath made some valid Points too. Although this will probably not be implemented in the near future, i can still see some great potential with this, and perhaps it will give people the revival of interest they are looking for.
"Warriors of the World" x2 Ragnar x1 Prince 1x Loki
(09-04-2019, 03:29 PM)Terath Wrote: (...)
A new mode would really spice the game up and give players something else to do other than just barricading and standing still. This mode requires movement and some offensive capabilities rather than defensive capabilities and no movement. A lot of good could come from a mode like this, and I recognize that. So, while I'm saying that there's no plans for it currently, that doesn't mean it's off the table.
I agree that a new mode would be awesome and also bring (back) players. I don't think that it would have
to be exactly like this, but generally. Also I think there are too many servers up atm for too less people.
Would be great using some differently instead of just reducing them.
I personally liked another idea even more: Exchanged roles. Attacking the Nords in a castle, either sneaking
in (5/5 server or something) or have some waves triggering at a certain point of the assault.

Anyways a new, alternative concept, resulting in more variety than we have with the existing modes would
be really cool! Smile
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
if this mod was available now I would spend all my time on it, it would bring some fresh air to the mod.
Kentoc'h mervel eget bezañ saotret