Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map voting
First Defence has always been my fav map.

-It can be done fast by cading at the main entrance
-It can be caded safer at the normal place
-It can be kited

The downside is its use to be better for kiting but it's still doable at lest. Next would be when cading at the main gate the ranged get stuck.

If all maps were like First Defence or other maps like it I think you would find people would be fine with almost any map for DB events.

Maps i think are fine

-Old Praven
-Yalen Retreat - maybe need to see a team try cading at the main gate
-Old Kattegat
-Great Hall
-Old Old Hiden Cave
-Swadian Folly
-King's Castleyard
etc

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
The issue with Kattegat was bots been stuck at the lower wall near the cades, and using that to glich around, therefore it got removed. But besides that/if that would be fixed it was one of my favorite maps tbh.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(17-04-2019, 12:32 PM)Forward Wrote:
(17-04-2019, 12:22 PM)Julia. Wrote: After a successful hard run with an average hard team which wants to play rag I'd prefer Swadian Town/Fortress under Siege over Nordic Village not because the map is bad, but they can easily be caded of properly, Nordic Village has to have a more than average team tbh. But thats heavyly depending on the Situation and which classes are part of the team. Notherless I've seen more wipes on nordic village compared to other maps, just because a lot of cades and decent shielders are nessecary.

Yes, but none of them people will prefer over Overgrown or Offshore.

And people rather go Nordic Village then Town/Siege regardless possible wipe anyway
This, because we want and play for loot!
Legendary Loots: 74

Steam: Faravin | Playershop

Yup and thats why you also see 50%of a server with marketplace gear/no support and the players still dont realise that they might be better with playing hard but you cant help it.

At least good map could compensate lack of gear, skill and brain cells of some players.
(17-04-2019, 01:27 PM)Julia. Wrote: Yup and thats why you also see 50%of a server with marketplace gear/no support and the players still dont realise that they might be better with playing hard but you cant help it.

Be the same person that tried to 1v1 price/king/odin as tr1-4 and some times even hero.

Most new people think how easy this mod will be then will be surprised when they cant 5 hit a normal boss.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(17-04-2019, 01:31 PM)Woody Wrote:
(17-04-2019, 01:27 PM)Julia. Wrote: Yup and thats why you also see 50%of a server with marketplace gear/no support and the players still dont realise that they might be better with playing hard but you cant help it.

Be the same person that tried to 1v1 price/king/odin as tr1-4 and some times even hero.

Most new people think how easy this mod will be then will be surprised when they cant 5 hit a normal boss.

Actually whenever I leveled up I took care about my team and didn't pushed for a Rag if the team does not have the nessecary setup/gear/support to have a good chance (e.g. only 1 tomebringer). And thats something I can only wonder about atm and which I personally just can't support. I understand that you wanna get those XP but a good Hard run or two might just give you more than struggeling on a Rag.

(17-04-2019, 01:18 PM)Faravin Wrote:
(17-04-2019, 12:32 PM)Forward Wrote:
(17-04-2019, 12:22 PM)Julia. Wrote: After a successful hard run with an average hard team which wants to play rag I'd prefer Swadian Town/Fortress under Siege over Nordic Village not because the map is bad, but they can easily be caded of properly, Nordic Village has to have a more than average team tbh. But thats heavyly depending on the Situation and which classes are part of the team. Notherless I've seen more wipes on nordic village compared to other maps, just because a lot of cades and decent shielders are nessecary.

Yes, but none of them people will prefer over Overgrown or Offshore.

And people rather go Nordic Village then Town/Siege regardless possible wipe anyway
This, because we want and play for loot!

Time is loot, jaja.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I think this thread has achieved its goal in demonstrating the overall sentiment towards map voting, and from what I've read it appears to be quite favorable. The recommended changes to the map rotation of one rag server appear to be more controversial but I still think it's a decent preliminary solution and apparently so does the majority of commenters.

If a dev could comment on this topic I'd appreciate it as Kaas' response was somewhat ambiguous.
Just like Kaasovic said, map voting was and is planned to be added, but it requires a major rewrite of an old block of code. Kaasovic's response wasn't ambiguous, it was just a response to the video and somebody saying that it had already been coded, which is answer enough.

In terms of maps, if I recall correctly, the original plan was to remove the really bad maps and keep ones that could be easily fixed and the good ones. I don't know where this is currently at, but it is the plan. I've been pushing for a viewpoint shift from 'changing the really good maps to match the okay ones' to 'change the okay maps to the really good maps or find a good middle ground'. Hopefully, in combination, both of these changes would make the game more fun to play.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off