Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What do you want?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pure gold Sink
37.50%
3 37.50%
Pure mat Sink
0%
0 0%
50/50
12.50%
1 12.50%
Update 1.11.7||1.12
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Making the cost of Hero a crafted mat (like a mini Dark Offering)
(23-05-2019, 05:33 PM)Woody Wrote: The 1st point can be referenced when I said it's up to the player when he gets hero vs (x) gear. I'm saying support comes in 3rd till you have the basic gear and hero.

"craft support items" from that I was to assume you meant all of them.

And even if you were to think that, my very next post specifically mentions two support items that provide far more utility to the whole team and are less expensive than hero class. Nonetheless, you bring up walls and barrels for some reason.

(23-05-2019, 05:33 PM)Woody Wrote: Join a server with a value of less than 3m and you are being carried as your game sense is little to none.

What?

(23-05-2019, 05:33 PM)Woody Wrote: What you want is protection ( support ) but for a new person lets face it they will want a better bow and better stats before they get some top crafted support.

And this thought process is wrong. If the item one wants is already going to be worse than the items being brought into the server, then that item has a zero value over replacement. To express this simply, if an item is strictly worse than another item of the same type that is being brought in, then it just litters the ground while better weapons are picked up.

Support items, however, are different: one's support items does not get replaced by another's. Add to the fact that intermediate support items are much less expensive than something like "a better bow," and even less expensive than training a hero class, and you get its value-to-cost ratio to be much higher than another item or a hero class.

(23-05-2019, 05:33 PM)Woody Wrote: Even let's go your way this hypothetical person. He has a tome and ss bow well after that the next stage is a hero. I still think hero costing 50% mats and 50% gold is not just good for him it's good for the market to.

I see no downside to this if the cost is made correctly.

Except if the cost becomes "50% mats and 50% gold" those players who have to make the choice of hero/weapons/armor/support will increasingly lower priority on support items. And then this prevalent problem of "heroes getting carried because they have terrible items" doesn't improve.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Just going to reply to the last comment as that's the only one I see that matters the rest are views not on the topic and well I don't have time to go over stuff like that.

That argument is "if it becomes easier to get they will get this over support"

1. They already do get hero before support as you said.
2. You just said getting hero would be easier this way but then trying to say well this will lead to more heroes without support.

Lots of problems with this point the main problem is you bring up a situation about new people with support on a request to change the cost of hero. My request and this point about new people are only vaguely related... Yet you act like it's the end of rag runs. Hell rag runs just got 0.1% harder now... put your hand up if you wanted it even harder.

You STILL have the option to go down this path you want all my request changes is the cost of hero.

I have not said how much the hero mat would cost as I'm only suggesting an idea. Maybe with this change hero would acutely be cheaper or be a higher price. Idk but I'm happy with either one at a certain point.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(23-05-2019, 06:21 PM)Woody Wrote: Just going to reply to the last comment as that's the only one I see that matters the rest are views not on the topic and well I don't have time to go over stuff like that.

It's absolutely relevant to the topic. For the third time, READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(23-05-2019, 01:11 PM)Malong Wrote: The proportion of new players that train hero class instead of craft support items which cost less than said hero class is incredibly high as is. Requiring materials for hero would probably make it worse. Keep the system the same.

(23-05-2019, 06:21 PM)Woody Wrote: That argument is "if it becomes easier to get they will get this over support"

1. They already do get hero before support as you said.

And again, your proposal probably makes the problem worse. It certainly doesn't make it better.

(23-05-2019, 06:21 PM)Woody Wrote: 2. You just said getting hero would be easier this way but then trying to say well this will lead to more heroes without support.

[imagine regex for the followed strawman fallacy on something I never typed]

[Q voice] What? Where...did I [post] that this would make attaining hero easier?

(23-05-2019, 06:21 PM)Woody Wrote: 3..

What?

(23-05-2019, 06:21 PM)Woody Wrote: Lots of problems with this point the main problem is you bring up a situation about new people with support on a request to change the cost of hero. My request and this point about new people are only vaguely related... Yet you act like it's the end of rag runs. Hell rag runs just got 0.1% harder now... put your hand up if you wanted it even harder.

You STILL have the option to go down this path you want all my request changes is the cost of hero.

I have not said how much the hero mat would cost as I'm only suggesting an idea. Maybe with this change hero would acutely be cheaper or be a higher price. Idk but I'm happy with either one at a certain point.

I don't even know what you're trying to express, but I get the feeling this is arguing with a point I never made.

(23-05-2019, 06:21 PM)Woody Wrote: Yet you act like it's the end of rag runs. Hell rag runs just got 0.1% harder now... put your hand up if you wanted it even harder.

[Q voice] What? Where...did I post that this would be the end of rag runs?

(23-05-2019, 06:21 PM)Woody Wrote: You STILL have the option to go down this path you want all my request changes is the cost of hero.

What?
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.