Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Aventurier Armor (NOW WITH PICTURES)
On topic I would just say that I see no reason to add gear to class no one playing. About warden helmet it's good to know, thanks and sorry for annoying childish behaviour.
(24-06-2019, 04:10 PM)Forward Wrote: On topic I would just say that I see no reason to add gear to class no one playing. About warden helmet it's good to know, thanks and sorry for annoying childish behaviour.

Adding gear to the class would hopefully get more people playing it, while also making the class good.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(24-06-2019, 04:19 PM)Terath Wrote:
(24-06-2019, 04:10 PM)Forward Wrote: On topic I would just say that I see no reason to add gear to class no one playing. About warden helmet it's good to know, thanks and sorry for annoying childish behaviour.

Adding gear to the class would hopefully get more people playing it, while also making the class good.

For me it looks like you artificially creating class diversity just because you want more classes. Imho this game would be perfectly fine with 8 hero classes not 16, but with every class had own role and application. I think classes should be defined from below (like from battlefield application), but not from above (like developer's vision how it should be). Because usually how developers want them to be differs drastically how people really play them.
(24-06-2019, 03:52 PM)Terath Wrote: months.
Tracker armour was going to be red but it ended up blue because the maker did not want to wait.

We can safely say more than half the time Ni has been out for a red set for sniper has been promised to individuals. Or at least years.

Better late then never I guess.

On that note I find it ridiculous when we already have 3 house crafted sets for sniper how long the other parts took.

It's going to be no surprised at all when this hood or helm or what ever sells for 50m+. It's all some people want... 

Hope you make the drop rate fucked for the 1st couple of weeks.

(24-06-2019, 03:52 PM)Terath Wrote: Studded Gauntlets are shared with Crossbowman because there were no available gauntlet models, and the same issue is present for Swadian Boots and Swadian Gauntlets. This is something that can be changed, through making Crossbowman-specific items, and is something I am more than willing to do. I just don't know how to separate Swadian Boots / Gauntlets / Studded Gauntlets from Crossbowman without hurting players currently using those items. This does not mean that I will not make armour for Crossbowman, though. I've implemented red legendary Crossbowman boots for the next update (model is temporary, didn't have time), and I plan to start work on Crossbowman specific armour so that the armour sets are fully created and match with their respective armours. Please bear with me as it will take time to create these models.

You haven't forgot about ranger and halb as they have the same problem.

I see studded, ... as something like twigs but to a bigger extreme being it's for 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 heros. I don't think at this point you change anything other than maybe moving Nobel steel to xbow only in turn making that 1 more amour than studded.

In theory tho give people the option to trade off usability for better stats.

-Ranger and halb gloves/boots
-Xbow gloves/boots
-Inf gloves and boots
-How studded/Nobel are ATM and swadian boots.

Each thing has 1 or 2 different models and they have a house crafted version + a red one.

Once again gl finding/making models. P.s we are fine if you use the old models lost to Ni like old noble/studded.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(24-06-2019, 04:30 PM)Forward Wrote:

For me it looks like you artificially creating class diversity just because you want more classes. Imho this game would be perfectly fine with 8 hero classes not 16, but with every class had own role and application. I think classes should be defined from below (like from battlefield application), but not from above (like developer's vision how it should be). Because usually how developers want them to be differs drastically how people really play them.

The class diversity isn't artificial. A small number of people regularly play classes that are not part of the meta because it's something different, and to them fun. It's not up to us (developers) to decide the meta, but to make sure each class has a reason to exist. Whether or not there should be 8 or 16 classes, it's too late to delete classes now that they are already here, so we have to work with what we have. I don't want MORE classes, I want classes like Ranger, Sentinel and other off-meta classes to be able to fight like Warden and Master Peltast can, in their own way. Just because people don't play a class doesn't mean that the class doesn't exist - we are not creating more classes by changing one that already exists.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(24-06-2019, 04:39 PM)Terath Wrote:
(24-06-2019, 04:30 PM)Forward Wrote:

The class diversity isn't artificial. A small number of people regularly play classes that are not part of the meta because it's something different, and to them fun. It's not up to us (developers) to decide the meta, but to make sure each class has a reason to exist. Whether or not there should be 8 or 16 classes, it's too late to delete classes now that they are already here, so we have to work with what we have. I don't want MORE classes, I want classes like Ranger, Sentinel and other off-meta classes to be able to fight like Warden and Master Peltast can, in their own way. Just because people don't play a class doesn't mean that the class doesn't exist - we are not creating more classes by changing one that already exists.

It's not a thread to discuss this archers topic, but in short I could say non-Warden archers don't work imo because DPS-classes should not trade damage for survivability. These classes would be viable if all have same DPS, but different defence approach. Like one runs faster, other have more Hp, third can use heavier armour and 4th can use shield, just for example. Players will always min-maxing and for ranged DD trading away DPS is never an option.

Some casual people will always play off-meta classes, but I think game should be balanced around high-level play, where players use most efficient classes only. Some time ago whole new armor set for Juggernaut was added. Was in resulted in Jugg popularity spike? No, because whole class idea doesn't work in NI game concept. Same with Aventurier, I just don't see how it will be viable with new armour set. One-handed crossbow sounds like something which could work, but I doubt that too. And balancing it would be nightmare too.

In general I see other thing in the game better to fix first then trying to make Aventurier viable class.
(24-06-2019, 05:00 PM)Forward Wrote: One-handed crossbow sounds like something which could work, but I doubt that too. And balancing it would be nightmare too.
Balancing would be a nightmare implying you would call the class op at some point.

I would end it there.

(24-06-2019, 05:09 PM)Woody Wrote:
(24-06-2019, 05:00 PM)Forward Wrote: One-handed crossbow sounds like something which could work, but I doubt that too. And balancing it would be nightmare too.
Balancing would be a nightmare implying you would call the class op at some point.

I would end it there.

Exactly. It's like increasing Jugg bonus HP. Until some point it will be same shit as before and after some point you will have every Rag with 16 Juggs in it.
(24-06-2019, 05:11 PM)Forward Wrote:

I would end it there.

Exactly. It's like increasing Jugg bonus HP. Until some point it will be same shit as before and after some point you will have every Rag with 16 Juggs in it.
What are you on about? We already have rag runs it's been only one main class.

Warden or mp or cm or repeater... take your pick and I can list the last time I was surrounded by them.

Look at games like csgo more than half of the guns don't get used in real competitive but recently there has been changes. When Aug got a decrease in price so that it was $50 more than the M4 it became the most used counter terrorist weapon in that major. If you have not played cs or don't understand it would be like if ranger was getting made more va warden (never happened before). After that it got a nerf back up to the normal price it was but it till got picked from professionals. It's an amazing effect of people saying only use this but never trying the other options.

Even now it's been nerfed again but buffed in a small way. I would put money on them looking at other guns ATM. Best bet I'm thinking is dual berettas or PP bizon. Both are dog shit but will small changes things would change.

It's the same with heros atm how do you truly get to judge a class that you have never played. Yes you can eyeball stats like all the nerds in Counter-Strike did... In the end its real world testing thats what makes or breaks things.

ATM some classes need help so let them have help. If you don't plan to play them after the changes well don't worry it's not going to affect your heroes stats anyway.

(24-06-2019, 05:34 PM)Woody Wrote:
(24-06-2019, 05:11 PM)Forward Wrote:

I would end it there.

What are you on about? We already have rag runs it's been only one main class.

Warden or mp or cm or repeater... take your pick and I can list the last time I was surrounded by them.

Look at games like csgo more than half of the guns don't get used in real competitive but recently there has been changes. When Aug got a decrease in price so that it was $50 more than the M4 it became the most used counter terrorist weapon in that major. If you have not played cs or don't understand it would be like if ranger was getting out played vs warden. After that it got a nerf back up to the normal price it was but it till got picked from professionals. It's an amazing effect of people saying only use this but never trying the other options.

Even now it's been nerfed again but buffed in a small way. I would put money on them looking at other guns ATM. Best bet I'm thinking of dual berettas all the PP bizon. Both are dog shit but will small changes things would change.

It's the same with heros atm how do you truly get to judge a class that you've never played. Yes you can eyeball stats like all the nerds in Counter-Strike did... In the end it real world testing is what makes or breaks things.

ATM some classes need help so let them have help. If you don't plan to play them after the changes or don't worry it's not going to affect your heroes stats anyway.

Still more then one Juggernaut... Problem is you can't make Jugg viable let's say on Rag by not making him OP on hard. It's not skill-class, it's completely based on innate stats. It's not as good as player playing him, it's as good as many HP Kaasovic will add to him.

Have no idea about CS:GO, I don't play it.