Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

How do we get new players ?
as for tutorials, there could be a tutorial server, where one could experiment with cades etc.

there used to be a deathmatch server where inf could play against archers.. where barrels killed anyone nearby on explosion, tomes spawned wraiths etc.

creating repeatable multi-player quests and linking them to this deathmatch mode (eg kill 5 people from team1 and 5 from team2) would mean there would be players going on the servers from time to time.
This could give rookies ideas what to do with barrels or tomes, or some triggers to spawn a nord/ multiple naked nords attacking stuff with their fists

house quests seem like an excellent idea
Is it really that bad?

I see full Rag pubs every day.

I remember times with much less players. And it's a summer on top of it.
(14-06-2019, 08:21 PM)Forward Wrote: Is it really that bad?

I see full Rag pubs every day.

I remember times with much less players. And it's a summer on top of it.

https://steamcharts.com/app/48700#All

The amount of people playing mount and blade has always been about the same. Mount and Blade has been very lucky with its hardcore fans.

Also its been a lot better so...
Yes, we have had times when just about no one is on but i would put the activeness of atm to luck. Nothing other than drops rates is different from times that you speak of and the ones i just showed. 

Even then the "high loot chance" could be a placebo of just more people playing. So once again i would say having lots of people playing atm is more luck than anything.  

As said in my 1st post getting new players is not the problem it's keeping them. We don't have much to offer as a 5year+ mod on an even oldder game.

"Exposure is what NI needs. #SaveNI". No... we need retention rate 1st then you go on about advertising. Fix the product before you even think about spending time or cash in "Exposure".

If this was my topic i would have called it "how do we keep people playing"

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
This game is dogshit man,
Nka3,14 professionel youtuber btw.
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
The mainpost isn't what i think it has been (unrelated to topic atm).
I've recently started with playing this mod and what i've noticed is that new players can't join hard/ragnarok servers till they have played a lot, so they have to play normal/beginner servers. Beginner servers are almost always empty and while normal servers sometimes do have a large amount of people in them, those people often leave after like 2 rounds to switch to a ragnarok or hard server. I've been lucky in that there were a couple of nice players who showed me the ropes and helped me lvl on normal and beginner servers, but if you aren't then you are simply stuck trying to lvl in empty servers, which gets boring rather fast. Maybe lowering the required lvls for hard and/or ragnarok servers will help?
There is also a different mod, Full Invasion, that has rather fluctuating player bases depending on new updates, since the mod gets boring rather fast.
The principle of the mods are however pretty much the same, except that NI has more depth.
Perhaps you could try to recruit amongst the player base of Full Invasion?

Edit: wanted to say that it won't hurt to advertise the mod a bit more on steam/maybe other places. Only found out that it existed because of the serverbrowser.
What the hell happened to the first post?
(25-07-2019, 08:55 PM)Srellian Wrote: What the hell happened to the first post?

NI Sellout :-)
(25-07-2019, 08:55 PM)Srellian Wrote: What the hell happened to the first post?

New type of commercial spam I am afraid, bots get smarter
make beginner server accessible by all levels would maybe fix this issue wolfie described above, (as even a 52 still can do quests from beginner anyways)
It's amazing how a spambot can create an actual debate