Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Winter's Summer Ragnarok Challenge
Winter's Summer Ragnarok Challenge (Spring into action or fall...)

The goal of this competition is to see who is truly the best at Ragnarok mode.  Teams will play one Ragnarok run at a scheduled time to see who can advance the farthest in Ragnarok mode while being attacked by sentient Nords.  The team that gets the farthest will be rewarded.  The rewards will scale off of how many teams compete.  Teams may also choose to do a second Hard Mode run in which your Ragnarok run will have all the same rules with the addition that no Resurrection Tomes will be allowed for a second leaderboard and the possibility of extra rewards.

Rules:
You may schedule the run for any time before July 19th (please give me a few days' notice in case it is a difficult time for me to attend so I can prepare or reschedule)
Each team must have a minimum of 10 and may have up to 17 players (if 1 is an admin) and 3 backups in case people do not make it
Players who are not backups may not fill for your team if people cannot make it
Each team will be allowed to reschedule one time
If for any reason I need to reschedule, it will not be counted against you
Each player may *participate* on a maximum of three teams - You may be a backup for more, but you can only actually play for three teams
Each team may have up to 50% player similarity to any other team participating in the run (8/16 is fine, 9/17 is not, backups do not count unless they actually play)
You may only be the captain of one team
You may choose whatever official NI map that is in rotation on public servers you want excluding Cavalry maps
In the event that two teams tie wiping on the same wave, both teams will be counted for that place
In the event that two or more teams clear the run, the team with the faster time wins
No Explosive Barrels will be allowed
You may swap characters during the run on Normal, but not on Hard Mode
I will be trying to kill you.  There will be no mercy.  (I will not control bosses).

Normal Rewards:
1st place
500k bonus for team captain
500k for each participating player

2nd place (must be at least 4 normal teams total)
375k bonus for team captain
375k for each participating player

3rd place (must be at least 7 normal teams total)
250k bonus for team captain
250k for each participating player

Hard Mode Rewards:
If you clear:
Choice of red legendary for team captain
Choice of orange legendary for each other player
Secret special reward(s) ??? !!! ???

1st place
500k bonus and choice of two additional collectibles for team captain
500k and choice of two collectibles for each participating player

2nd place (must be at least 4 hard mode teams total)
375k bonus and choice of one additional collectible for team captain
375k and choice of collectible for each participating player

3rd place (must be at least 7 hard mode teams total)
250k bonus and choice of collectible for team captain
250k for each participating player

Registration
To register, please send me the following:
Team Name
Team Leader (hopefully you)
Team Members (up to 17, please mark which ones are admins)
Backups (up to 3, please mark which ones are admins)
Preferred Date and Time (I'll message you asap if this does not work for me)
Will you be doing a second Hard Mode run (Y/N):

Note: If needed, you may schedule your team's Hard Mode run separately.  Please note this in your PM.

Please post any questions below so anyone with the same question(s) can be informed.
Please feel free to do LFG stuff in the comments here.  The more teams compete, the more places there are for each category and the higher the chance of this event happening again in the future.
So why do captains get a higher reward than their team? Its not like the captain sacrifices more than the others and the difference between a red legendary and an orange of choice is pretty high.
[Image: wQXN2eq.png]
Looking for 1 more team to participate in. Willing to play any ranged class. Sort of application below if anyone wants the info for building their team.

Characters: Repeaterman (Engineer), Sentry (Medic), Warden (Medic), Master Peltast (Medic), Marauder (Engineer)
Support: T3 Wall, T3 SHC, Big Ammo Crate/Tomes and MSK
Timezone: GMT-4

I should be good to attend most times as long as there isnt a normal event running and its past noon or so my time. I guess send me a pm or steam message if you wanna know the exact gear I have or ask anything.

I have my three teams now.
[Image: 5OL0wry.png]

[Image: D7W32lN.jpg]

(17-06-2019, 05:40 PM)Angar Wrote: So why do captains get a higher reward than their team? Its not like the captain sacrifices more than the others and the difference between a red legendary and an orange of choice is pretty high.

This.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
Id like to attend this any team captains that would like me to join the team please PM me 

MP-heavy cade,cursed rups, PoK
Ranger- Hurri, dragon arrows,tome
Zwie-AGS,DWP,Heavy cade,

all classes have legendary armor and helms and such
Barbute-- aug 2014
Serverance--july 2019
Wulfsbane-- Sept 2019
Studded- Nov 2019
It takes a lot of coordination to get a team together.  If someone believes the rewards for captains are too high, I encourage them to start a team of their own.  I want as many teams competing as possible.

Edit: Some mistakes were made copying over the gold amounts from various drafts.  The correct gold amounts are now listed for each place.  The wording of collectible rewards has been edited for clarity.  Rule added that you can only be the captain of one team.  This was always the intent, but it was never expressed in the rules until now.  You may still play on up to three teams and may be a listed backup for as many as you'd like.
lfg 5char

edit: pass it around
[Image: vwXOEqk.png]
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
So this event is some sort or PvP or what?
(17-06-2019, 06:36 PM)Forward Wrote: So this event is some sort or PvP or what?

Ragnarok runs with special rules and developer controlled Nords.
Are people allowed to swap characters mid run?