Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Quests for RG
(26-06-2019, 09:37 AM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(26-06-2019, 02:38 AM)Jugg Wrote: I do think adding simple and easy quests like "Block X damage with a shield" (While active at the keyboard, repairing shields filling gaps if a cade breaks etc.) that gives say 5,000 gold and a "Shield Fragment" which if you get say 50 of these (untradeable) you can make a craftable shield that is on par or better than say an Aegis shield. Or perhaps even better than an Aegis. The shield itself would be tradeable but not the fragments so as to prevent just a huge amount of people buying fragments and flooding the market with these shields. This would also mean the "Unlucky" players (like me) who haven't looted or aren't well off in items  and gold etc have a chance to get a "End game" item while it would obviously not compare to Shield of Kings/Bulwark etc it would still be strong enough it could hold its own in ragnorak and hard.

This sounds really interesting, yet there would be less reason to even craft an aegis - or even a guardian shield,

maybe let it have some buff for the rg or the team (eg. it repairs/heals itself over time, slowly for example to basically ALMOST endlessly survive juggernaut spears, yet not as fast as to get eaten by axes

Lets be honest there are barely anyone who actively plays currently who even owns an Aegis as 90%+ probably have impervious or better so it wouldn't really devalue the craft ability of an aegis too much in my opinion as most who want one now days just simply buy them.

I disagree with passive buffs. Maybe if it was reduced damage by like 0.5% that say a SOK takes (Or balanced so it's still not better than a legendary) against higher hitting enemies. (Odins throwing lances would deal 0.5% less damage to it than it would do to a SOK or Bulwark for example.)

But overall I would just view the shield as a quest reward not something that gives a passive aura to the team or the shield it self.

Hopefully that made sense it was hard to think of how to word it Tongue
(26-06-2019, 07:23 AM)Woody Wrote:
(26-06-2019, 04:56 AM)Malong Wrote:
(25-06-2019, 08:39 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Picking and playing Royal Guard is a choice though. You known in advance that the amount of kills you make is close to zero.

Is the number of kills you get in a run equivalent to how much you helped a team as the shielder?

Literally zero people typed that in this thread.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(26-06-2019, 01:56 PM)Malong Wrote:
(25-06-2019, 08:39 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Picking and playing Royal Guard is a choice though. You known in advance that the amount of kills you make is close to zero.

Is the number of kills you get in a run equivalent to how much you helped a team as the shielder?

The point was to show a Rg quest would not be kills

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I would be okay with a weekly or every-3-days quest that had you repair a certain number of damage to your shield done by an agent on the Nord's team. It would be reliant upon your shield taking damage, and you having to repair it - damage done by Swadians wouldn't apply to the quest. You don't get rewarded for standing still and shielding, but you do get rewarded for repairing your shield, which would force players to be active as a shielder to repair their shield to complete the quest. With this, shielders get rewarded through the quest completion and stay relatively active. I do not currently know if this is possible, as I don't know if we can track damage done to a shield as done by a specific team, but I'm sure there's another way to do this quest that would accomplish the same thing.

Another way to do this is have a time-limited quest that starts at the beginning of the week and ends at the end of the week; the quest goal would be to collect and repair as much damage as possible, and you get rewarded through gold in how much you repair. Basically, for an entire week, the more you repair the more you are rewarded (if 100 damage done to the shield repaired is for a reward of 10 gold, and then you repair 10,000 damage total done to the shield, then you get 1000 gold (also this is just an example. well aware that this specific payout would be shit). This would also be locked behind enemy damage done to your shield and not Swadian, so that players can't just farm this quest with their buddies. Technically, you could farm it with enemies as well, but this could be limited by capping the amount a player can repair in a day, so that the quest no longer tracks it until the next day.

AFAIK, both systems would keep players active if they want to get rewarded for the quest, since they have to repair their shields to activate the quest reward (the reward is shield damage repaired, not shield damage taken).
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Compared to the current situation, these options are simply amazing

in good sense
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
(26-06-2019, 03:08 PM)Terath Wrote: I would be okay with a weekly or every-3-days quest that had you repair a certain number of damage to your shield done by an agent on the Nord's team. It would be reliant upon your shield taking damage, and you having to repair it - damage done by Swadians wouldn't apply to the quest. You don't get rewarded for standing still and shielding, but you do get rewarded for repairing your shield, which would force players to be active as a shielder to repair their shield to complete the quest. With this, shielders get rewarded through the quest completion and stay relatively active. I do not currently know if this is possible, as I don't know if we can track damage done to a shield as done by a specific team, but I'm sure there's another way to do this quest that would accomplish the same thing.

Another way to do this is have a time-limited quest that starts at the beginning of the week and ends at the end of the week; the quest goal would be to collect and repair as much damage as possible, and you get rewarded through gold in how much you repair. Basically, for an entire week, the more you repair the more you are rewarded (if 100 damage done to the shield repaired is for a reward of 10 gold, and then you repair 10,000 damage total done to the shield, then you get 1000 gold (also this is just an example. well aware that this specific payout would be shit). This would also be locked behind enemy damage done to your shield and not Swadian, so that players can't just farm this quest with their buddies. Technically, you could farm it with enemies as well, but this could be limited by capping the amount a player can repair in a day, so that the quest no longer tracks it until the next day.

AFAIK, both systems would keep players active if they want to get rewarded for the quest, since they have to repair their shields to activate the quest reward (the reward is shield damage repaired, not shield damage taken).

Team of 2 abusing RG: 1 shileding, 1 repairing. After a while they switch roles.
(26-06-2019, 02:55 PM)Woody Wrote:
(26-06-2019, 01:56 PM)Malong Wrote:

The point was to show a Rg quest would not be kills

We know.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(26-06-2019, 06:05 PM)Forward Wrote:
(26-06-2019, 03:08 PM)Terath Wrote: I would be okay with a weekly or every-3-days quest that had you repair a certain number of damage to your shield done by an agent on the Nord's team. It would be reliant upon your shield taking damage, and you having to repair it - damage done by Swadians wouldn't apply to the quest. You don't get rewarded for standing still and shielding, but you do get rewarded for repairing your shield, which would force players to be active as a shielder to repair their shield to complete the quest. With this, shielders get rewarded through the quest completion and stay relatively active. I do not currently know if this is possible, as I don't know if we can track damage done to a shield as done by a specific team, but I'm sure there's another way to do this quest that would accomplish the same thing.

Team of 2 abusing RG: 1 shileding, 1 repairing. After a while they switch roles.

Little bit confused here.

If you're talking about the RG's swapping shields:
Just make it so if the shield is dropped, it forgets who damaged it. Therefore, it can't reward being repaired if it's dropped. This also applies to the shield being broken.

If you're talking about the RG's switching spots so that one may repair their shield while the other one shields:
That's called shielders being active. Would be a nice change of pace, I think. People do this without the quest to keep fresh shields rotating in. That's not abusing, that's smart.

Besides, if there's a daily cap and people farm to meet it, so be it. Since the quest is based not on the amount of shields repaired or the amount of times your shield is hit, but the percentage of damage repaired from the shield, it won't matter if two people rotate shields, as it isn't the fastest way to complete the quest for either scenarios - one person shielding would be. The fastest way to collect the most amount of enemy damage to your shield is to shield a large amount of enemies (duh). So basically, to do the quest most efficiently, you have to shield like you normally would.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
class/hero specific quests would be amazing
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy