Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Quests for RG
(25-06-2019, 09:30 PM)Forward Wrote:
(25-06-2019, 09:18 PM)Coconut Wrote: add a quest for repairing your shield

I'm already seeing people abusing that.

quest: stand still while pressomg RMB Big Grin
(25-06-2019, 10:03 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:

quest: stand still while pressomg RMB Big Grin
Just make it like

repair 10,000 shield health or repair your shield 10-20 times.

reward = idk something good

Redoable once a week.

For reference sok has 1750 health
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
While I do agree that sometimes Royal Guard is just a "Chore" to play on for some people. And for others it's just an "Easy AFK" I don't think buffing drop rates for them is at all going to create anything except just 16 Royal Guards in a server wanting to afk loot.

I do think adding simple and easy quests like "Block X damage with a shield" (While active at the keyboard, repairing shields filling gaps if a cade breaks etc.) that gives say 5,000 gold and a "Shield Fragment" which if you get say 50 of these (untradeable) you can make a craftable shield that is on par or better than say an Aegis shield. Or perhaps even better than an Aegis. The shield itself would be tradeable but not the fragments so as to prevent just a huge amount of people buying fragments and flooding the market with these shields. This would also mean the "Unlucky" players (like me) who haven't looted or aren't well off in items and gold etc have a chance to get a "End game" item while it would obviously not compare to Shield of Kings/Bulwark etc it would still be strong enough it could hold its own in ragnorak and hard.

And other quests like "Repair shield 10 times" (Must have atleast 80% damage to the shield) would give say 10,000 Gold and 2 Shield fragments. I haven't done quests for ages so the gold amounts may be way too high just very early suggestions. Obviously could be decreased or even increased if the Dev team liked these ideas and went ahead with the suggestion.

Overall if the current mechanics were to stay the same I would be against any kind of changes catering only to royal guards. As Kaas said, playing royal guard is a choice and the royal guard players are well aware they are in reality just gonna be "holding RMB" or the old RMB+t trick and AFKING. While some may be asked to fill in as RG for that run most times it's their own choice to play that character.

(All of the above is MY opinion and does not have any promises that anything mentioned will be implemented or changed.)

We have quests for getting ammo and hp. Do you see people abusing that? 

Yes the quests are small by needing to do it 100 times and the reward is about 500g worth. What's stopping there being one for Shields that's do it 100 times and be rewarded with 1k gold or some shit sheild.

A quest that can see if your actively shielding by moving out when needed and rewards playing safe. That's what's needed.

If need be make it you needed to physically confirm that you are active by doing some sort of quick time event.

Or 

Have the afk timer changed when someone has a shield out. 

Each wave you need to repair a shield or heal to receive xp for the next wave. Then when the wave starts a timer kicks in were it encourages people to get bots into melee. I would like a warning in chat that's like "You will lose XP in 10 seconds unless you help the team"

Playing Rg is a choice sure but when I join a run and they ask or say "we need a Rg" I should be rewarded for playing that class. It's the only class some runs can't go with out it seems yet the game discourags you from putting your hand up to help the team or even make the class.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Any mechanic that rewards an RG for moving repairing shield or fighting would be amazing and super healthy for the game
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
(25-06-2019, 08:39 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Picking and playing Royal Guard is a choice though. You known in advance that the amount of kills you make is close to zero.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
"AFK shielding" is a well-known phrase with Rg having a quest to do maybe this would change for the better.

(26-06-2019, 04:56 AM)Malong Wrote:
(25-06-2019, 08:39 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Picking and playing Royal Guard is a choice though. You known in advance that the amount of kills you make is close to zero.

Is the number of kills you get in a run equivalent to how much you helped a team as the shielder?

(1) I could be the best rg player that's active every round and corners the bosses and I end the game on 5 kills. Overall i play safe so the run wins. 

vs

(2) I could be a lazy shielder by being afk for most of it and to get my xp back I got 10 kills in the process. Overall I play Ni at the same time i play with my meat.

Who helped the team more? Atm it rewards me more for being (2)

Playing [a shielder] is a choice sure but when I join a run and they ask or say "we need a shielder " I should be rewarded for playing the class that run needs the most. For how much of a reward idk but atm we really have 0 quests.
Yes, some runs you can cade off but not all of them. Even when you have the cades to do so it sometimes more efficient to have a shielder or 2 because shields can be repaired but cades cant. You may just have a good number of inf/melee heroes that would be more utilized doing what they were made for.

It's the only class(s) some runs can't go without yet it seems the game discourages you from putting your hand up to help the team or even make the class.

(25-06-2019, 07:41 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: It's also the safest class to play on any given wave...
As an RG my deaths tend to drop to close to none
Meaning I'm alive for more bot kills and so have a higher chance of loot

You said this before. https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthrea...ht=Rg+safe

I'm not going to look for the post but ill say what others said then.

Rg at its max can play safe but ranged classes can do so even more. For how safe you can play on the ground a ranged player can do it better at far.
When the cades break the people at the front being the shilders and melee are going to be dead most of the time before the ranged even gets hit.

In what world would Rg be the safest class when on xbow just for example I can be ranged and I can bring in my own shield or just pick up one.

quests with repairing shields look interesting. also rg is able to fulfill quests by collecting killings. like collecting heads and stuff like that. But if glustin these quests are implemented, will the developers be able to block them so that they were available only to RG?

I mean, that's what. You make a quest for RG with a good reward. But getting into the General list of quests, some will be able to abuse it, as for RG it will be difficult, and for example for pikeman or Archer is very easy. so I see the need for RG to be able to do both normal quests and its own. By analogy, in the future it would be to expand the base of quests special personal quests for each class of hero
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
(26-06-2019, 07:54 AM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: quests with repairing shields look interesting. also rg is able to fulfill quests by collecting killings. like collecting heads and stuff like that. But if glustin these quests are implemented, will the developers be able to block them so that they were available only to RG?

I mean, that's what. You make a quest for RG with a good reward. But getting into the General list of quests, some will be able to abuse it, as for RG it will be difficult, and for example for pikeman or Archer is very easy. so I see the need for RG to be able to do both normal quests and its own. By analogy, in the future it would be to expand the base of quests special personal quests for each class of hero

My Rg.

[Image: 0062d3df5ddb4a211fea4d030c9f0ce4.png]

Done Legacy of a Hero 
Done Prime Slayer
Done Prince Slayer

Stuff like killing bosses I think are quests rgs can do with help but are not really made for it.

Quests that just reward being alive for waves would be an idea that does not favour any class that much other than the player himself.
Quests that just reward being alive for bots deaths would be an idea that does not favour any class that much other than the player himself.
Quests that reward not hitting the afk timer for x games does not favour any class other than the player himself.
Quests that need you to play x amount each day does not favour any class other than the player himself. Does favour playing only 1 or a few classes tho and sometimes rgs are not needed on some runs when any ranged hero can just join without worry.

Quests of that nature are easy to come up with. Don't favour any class that much other than the player himself.

(26-06-2019, 02:38 AM)Jugg Wrote: I do think adding simple and easy quests like "Block X damage with a shield" (While active at the keyboard, repairing shields filling gaps if a cade breaks etc.) that gives say 5,000 gold and a "Shield Fragment" which if you get say 50 of these (untradeable) you can make a craftable shield that is on par or better than say an Aegis shield. Or perhaps even better than an Aegis. The shield itself would be tradeable but not the fragments so as to prevent just a huge amount of people buying fragments and flooding the market with these shields. This would also mean the "Unlucky" players (like me) who haven't looted or aren't well off in items  and gold etc have a chance to get a "End game" item while it would obviously not compare to Shield of Kings/Bulwark etc it would still be strong enough it could hold its own in ragnorak and hard.

This sounds really interesting, yet there would be less reason to even craft an aegis - or even a guardian shield, but what it could have uniquely would be: its huge coverage size, meaning you might even save an archer shooting behind you from incoming attacks, e.g health same as aegis, resistance lower, size 140?

maybe let it have some buff for the rg or the team (eg. it repairs/heals itself over time, slowly for example to basically ALMOST endlessly survive juggernaut spears, yet not as fast as to get eaten by axes