Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Models for Upgraded Items?
(18-07-2019, 03:35 PM)Forward Wrote: Render unupgraded legendaries as grayscale/reduced color, problem solved. If you can't control shaders from mods whatever, noone will remake hundred of textures anyway.

That's not how textures work. The color lies within the texture, and is not something you can do without access to advanced FX / custom shaders.

About particle effects: They come in all shapes and sizes, they don't have to take up a huge amount of space or be super noticeable. If particle effects are ever put on a weapon (not likely, since I don't think anybody knows how to make custom ones very well), they would be very conservative.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(18-07-2019, 03:38 PM)Forward Wrote:
(18-07-2019, 03:36 PM)Noname Wrote:
(18-07-2019, 03:32 PM)Woody Wrote:
(18-07-2019, 03:28 PM)Noname Wrote: Another option would be adding custom particle effects to weapons, for example dark smoke/mist coming out of Cursed weapons, rays of light/glowing particles from Blessed...
I'm not sure how that would be implemented though, as I only remember Rydell talking about it being possible at some point.

I'm going to take a guess that we have about 150-200 upgrades ingame maybe even less. That's so much work for a very small minority

By custom I do not mean particle effects for each individual legendary, but rather self-made ones that are not part of the game; that way you could make 3-4 particle effects and apply them to all Cursed, Blessed and Battle Honed/Hardened legendaries for relatively low effort.

Afraid these effects might be annoying. Just imaging even 10 people using upgraded items in small quarters like Hyper's Hell upstairs. You will not see bots after these particles.

Ye and just think how an upgraded set would look. The novelty would get old and just turn into people complaining.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Needs too much effort, cannot be completed in a short time. If Terath can add 1 model per day. its gonna be completed. Small differences don't take a long time.
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
(18-07-2019, 04:31 PM)Berkay Wrote: Needs too much effort, cannot be completed in a short time. If Terath can add 1 model per day. its gonna be completed. Small differences don't take a long time.

“1 model per day“ is a lot of effort already, you cannot just go ahead and add some parts. You have to consider what item you're looking at, what it is themed like, what appearance you want it to have, and how you are going to apply that; you will also have to either change the old texture or make new ones, armours, bows and xbows will have to be rigged again if you get unlucky.
And even if there should be one legendary per day, this would take more than half a year already.
I would rather him to work on things that effect more people.

I don't think you have any idea how long it takes to make a good texture let alone a good model.

1 every day is a joke.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(18-07-2019, 03:43 PM)Terath Wrote:
(18-07-2019, 03:35 PM)Forward Wrote: Render unupgraded legendaries as grayscale/reduced color, problem solved. If you can't control shaders from mods whatever, noone will remake hundred of textures anyway.

That's not how textures work. The color lies within the texture, and is not something you can do without access to advanced FX / custom shaders.

About particle effects: They come in all shapes and sizes, they don't have to take up a huge amount of space or be super noticeable. If particle effects are ever put on a weapon (not likely, since I don't think anybody knows how to make custom ones very well), they would be very conservative.

I meant custom pixel shader, yes. Unlikely it's possible to do in mod however.

If they're not going to be noticeable what's difference anyway. Custom textures are only realistic approach in these circumstances but there is a lot of work noone will do.
(18-07-2019, 04:31 PM)Berkay Wrote: Needs too much effort, cannot be completed in a short time. If Terath can add 1 model per day. its gonna be completed. Small differences don't take a long time.

You make 'one model a day' sound easy. In reality, even if the custom model is with slight variations, you'd still have to edit the original texture or even create a new texture sheet to get the model to look correct. This can take numerous hours to do correctly and I would rather not spend my time on such a large project for such a little payoff.
If it's a texture edit, it would be easier, but that would require adding a ton of new textures with slight edits so that an upgraded legendary can look a little different. This would also end up increasing the load time even more for little payoff.
TLDR: No thanks. I have a life.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Thread Closed, if someone thinking Nord invasion gonna be Game. don't think.
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G.