Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendary Rice List
Helmet prices are ridiculously low, while gauntlets are ridiculously expensive.
Less talking, more raiding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBHptwwOdU
(19-07-2019, 12:32 PM)Forward Wrote: Woody's list is more accurate imo.

This is an oxymoron. It can't simultaneously be more accurate (objective) and in your opinion (subjective).
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(19-07-2019, 01:06 PM)Malong Wrote:
(19-07-2019, 12:32 PM)Forward Wrote: Woody's list is more accurate imo.

This is an oxymoron. It can't simultaneously be more accurate (objective) and in your opinion (subjective).

His list is just as accurate as he can make it so why am I different? Just say you agree with Woody's prices more not how it's more "accurate".

All my post was is a big answer to every loot. Its like what we see people posting in a WTK and like those posts, value is an opinion. 

I try to not be biased but anyone making a WTK will have some or alot and that's even if you have nothing or everything. 
I do value things more and less than what I put down. You will have outliers that may sell for less or even more, for this reason, no one values a Tempest 700k and no one values a Typhoon 130m. 
In my post, I tyred thinking of the avg selling price and buying price.

Its also harder to price some things vs others... For example. 

Dragon Axe has been out for years and been traded more than a local prostitute vs Glory that has been traded a total of 3 times.

Out of the 2 what would be easier to value? If you say Glory... I could reference the last 2 trades and what I paid for it. 

What I paid.
Rups --> Alia + 9m 
Alia --> Cursed Elegy + Glory + Heavy Pilum + something else maybe.

You got a lot of problems like 
-I have not taken any offers as I'm not looking to sell it
-It has been buffed since then
-It's still the only 1
-Maybe a whale out there would be willing to put down the stupid value for it.  
-How do you price other stuff In the trades to get to Glory???

Even pricing something that's 1 of 1 were we have the 3 records of it being traded is subjective.

(19-07-2019, 01:00 PM)Swaliant Wrote: Helmet prices are ridiculously low, while gauntlets are ridiculously expensive.

Look at how many helms we have available ingame. 

Look at how new they are.

Look at people still value Dark Griffon Bascinet so much... Fara loot 5 more thx.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Many prices on this list are ridiculously high and do not reflect recent trades and developments, therefore putting a potential buyer at a disadvantage. While others seem extremely outdated. If you want to create a price list, which does indeed benefit the community as a whole (not just a limited few), you should base your price assumption on actual trades with two informed participants or at least get a rough estimate from a big enough pool of knowledgeable players.

Right now, this list doesn't even try to appear objective.
(19-07-2019, 02:39 PM)Falankos Wrote: at least get a rough estimate from a big enough pool of knowledgeable players.

Was thinking about doing something on the lines of this a year ago.

I would get about 20 people to tell me what they value every loot. 
That being low + high + if they had to pick a value what it's it. Then doing this a more "accurate" post could be made.

You would make it as a Xl Doc so everyone can see the data. You would have a [Low] + [High] + [Mean] + [Mode]

The problems I saw coming tho was 
-Who would take part in this? What just rich people?
-How long would something like this last for till it's out of date?
-Malong whats the word for this... Can't find it [Link]. At what point do you stop counting outliers? 
-Could not be fucked doing all that for when I don't need that Info. ~ Biased so I could maximise profit margins as people would still value stuff at what every they feel like it.

Just delete it again pls

Thanks in advance
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
(19-07-2019, 03:02 PM)Woody Wrote: You would make it as a Xl Doc so everyone can see the data. You would have a [Low] + [High] + [Mean] + [Mode]

I would suggest median and various percentiles (25 and 75 are good starting points) instead of mode.

(19-07-2019, 03:02 PM)Woody Wrote: -Malong whats the word for this... Can't find it [Link]. At what point do you stop counting outliers? 

Outliers fall off with more data points. You can also look at standard deviation of each data point, or use methods like hypothesis testing.

(19-07-2019, 02:39 PM)Falankos Wrote: Right now, this list doesn't even try to appear objective.

It's good for selling stuff to people for Euros.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
There is no thing as "objective" prices, various people always will value items differently. You can only use these lists as reference as Managarm or Woody value items, that's all. And trades reflect how much buyer wants item and how much he wants to overpay (or how urgently seller needs gold/materials), so items value over these trades often will differ greatly.
(19-07-2019, 03:50 PM)Forward Wrote: There is no thing as "objective" prices, various people always will value items differently. You can only use these lists as reference as Managarm or Woody value items, that's all. And trades reflect how much buyer wants item and how much he wants to overpay (or how urgently seller needs gold/materials), so items value over these trades often will differ greatly.

Oxymoron again. If there is no objective price, there is no overpayment because there is no price of which you can pay in excess.

But yeah, these exercises in price lists are dumb.

(19-07-2019, 03:30 PM)Malong Wrote: standard deviation
Thats the word I was looking for thx.