Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Disscussion about the new experiance limiters.
Hey guys,

I just wanted to see what the general community thought about the current server limitations when ti comes ot exp. With players higher than level 39 not gaining exp or loot in normal mode, and players under 33 not able to participate in hardcore mode, my house is being split. Ive got vets who want to level their character further but now cant do so if they want to help lower leveled allies. Its just frustrating convincing players to give up exp and loot to participate in an event.

I understand that cooperation, not farming, is the aim of this mod, but cooperation is much easier to produce when players share in goals and profit.

Thoughts?
Agreed. Just killed and killed on a low level server. Basically in the later rounds on a normal server. So went to a hardcore server, but my buddies can't join that one... For me this always was a co-op mod, but if you go over the 39 lvl you just have to find friends that are also of that lvl.... 
I hope the devs of this great mod reconsider this or find a way how to keep lower and higher lvl players together.
We have changed it a bit now. Players over level 38 will still get exp and gold in Normal mode, however they will not receive any loot for playing there.
(15-01-2012, 11:15 PM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote:We have changed it a bit now. Players over level 38 will still get exp and gold in Normal mode, however they will not receive any loot for playing there.

Thanks for the update, the loot still has me dismayed though. Many, many people on these forums have advocated not working on crafting until later, but now when later comes around it is much more difficult to do so when you are killing such a comparatively small number of elite troops.
Agreed. I am a lvl 40 player, but a lvl 6 crafter...  crafting was my next challenge. Maybe I should start a new character...

(15-01-2012, 11:15 PM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote:We have changed it a bit now. Players over level 38 will still get exp and gold in Normal mode, however they will not receive any loot for playing there.

Thx for the swift response!

PS:
The thing is. The typical farmers still can do the farming by just making a new lower level account and trade with themselves. As it is now the high lvl playersl is somewhat encouraged to start a new char as this is the only way to get sufficient loot. The prices for basic loot may skyrocket the coming days though :-)
Killing basic units in hardmode (veteran soldiers etc.) will give multiple amounts of the loot, e.g. 4 x cloth etc.