Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Should Royal Helmet be Remodelled?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Royal Helmet should be remodelled, and Imperial Red / Blue should be retextured.
64.29%
18 64.29%
Royal Helmet should be remodelled, but Imperial Red / Blue should not be retextured.
32.14%
9 32.14%
Royal Helmet should not be remodelled, but Imperial Red / Blue should be retextured.
0%
0 0%
Royal Helmet should not be retextured, and Imperial Red / Blue should not be retextured.
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Royal Helmet: Remodel
I have a lot of models floating around the BRFs on standby, just in case I want to use them for something. Not using a model doesn't mean all of that model style is not usable, because that would be very stupid.

The helmet posted (plumed armet from the BRFs) does not look good enough to be a legendary, and the texture quality on this helmet is really awful. Items that come from the same item pack share this issue (Closed Face Helmet, Heraldic Plate, old Visored Salet, etc.) If I were to use this style of helmet, I would not use this model for players. It's simply too old.

Besides that, I like the style of the helmet, and right now, that style of helmet (beaked / pointed armets, or other kinds of armets) is something I'm leaning towards. Armets would fit the Churburg style armour very well, and still somewhat match Gothic plate. The reference pictures posted so far show that this style of helmet would definitely look 'royal'. If we could get some more reference pictures of armets, that'd be great -- I like to have a surplus of them when I model something I am unfamiliar with.

Plumes are something that can really be added after the helmet itself has been made, so I'm indifferent on it. It'd be annoying to shoot / slash over, so putting it on a class where you primarily shoot / slash over is a problem.

The plumed armet would be interesting for wave 14 Zweis, thanks Kriegstofu. I'll look into testing that. It would certainly make them look more 'mercenary'.

I really appreciate the amount of discussion so far. I'll start with making a basic armet model, as was suggested here. I'll post periodic updates and show screenshots so that the helmet model is fine tuned by the time I want to texture it, and if we don't like the model, we'll go back to square one with a new model and a new decision. Stay tuned.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
[Image: therionarms_c1096.jpg]
Maximillian style armets- similar to the old grinder helmet model or the saviour helmet (juggernaught HC helmet)
(08-10-2019, 09:41 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: [Image: therionarms_c1096.jpg]
Maximillian style armets- similar to the old grinder helmet model or the saviour helmet (juggernaught HC helmet)

~same with old grinded helm. (for t3 inf and ranger - 60 arm, later it's rework to grifon bascinte (if im not mistake))
     My Shop    My Steam
(09-10-2019, 12:30 AM)Akanamah Wrote: ~same with old grinded helm. (for t3 inf and ranger - 60 arm, later it's rework to grifon bascinte (if im not mistake))

Think it was this.

1st - Tr3 inf (55 armour)
2nd - Ranger (62 armour)
3rdd - Halb (64 armour)
4th - Leg (71 armour + model change)

Found some good pic's for ideas.

Like the last one the most.

https://i.gyazo.com/4764dc83d2dc0e08751f...59a7cb.png

https://i.gyazo.com/91e2735b6f8c402ea5b5...b489f0.png

https://i.gyazo.com/6b290658198b91e42d64...a0edf1.png

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(09-10-2019, 05:44 AM)Woody Wrote: https://i.gyazo.com/4764dc83d2dc0e08751f...59a7cb.png

https://i.gyazo.com/91e2735b6f8c402ea5b5...b489f0.png

https://i.gyazo.com/6b290658198b91e42d64...a0edf1.png

the last one looks like some gingerbread face

first one looks cool af,
I've begun work on the model. I based the model off of the previous discussions. This may not be the final model, so please discuss if you believe it should be changed. I tried to replicate the same color and texture of the Imperial armours.

I originally planned to just make the model and post it before texturing, but I got carried away. It's on me if people don't like it and we decide to go elsewhere with the model.

Front
Side
Canted

Personally, I believe that it's not "royal" enough, but I don't exactly know what to do with it right now, so I'll leave it where it is and collect opinions.
Please give your opinions below. I highly encourage discussion at this stage of the model, in case something gets left out or people don't like it. Don't be afraid to speak your opinion.

Just to note - I'll mess around with retexturing the Imperial armours after the helmet is made. I plan on standardizing the usage of trim and having the helmet fit with both, while still keeping the differences between the armours (the cloth colors). I'll explore differentiating the armours beyond that once the armours are standardized.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(19-10-2019, 01:55 AM)Terath Wrote: Front
Side
Canted

Personally, I believe that it's not "royal" enough, but I don't exactly know what to do with it right now, so I'll leave it where it is and collect opinions.
Please give your opinions below. I highly encourage discussion at this stage of the model, in case something gets left out or people don't like it. Don't be afraid to speak your opinion.

Just to note - I'll mess around with retexturing the Imperial armours after the helmet is made. I plan on standardizing the usage of trim and having the helmet fit with both, while still keeping the differences between the armours (the cloth colors). I'll explore differentiating the armours beyond that once the armours are standardized.

The not "royal" enough statement does seem true but with a model change like this, you could just change the name. We have a Royal Set already being the "brass armour". If you change the Royal Helm to Imperial Helm you could change the Royal Sniper set to not need the sniper in the name. 

Looking at the side view it looks very front heavy in the sense nothing is happing at the back. I think the idea of the Winged Zwei helms could work for this. 

[Image: 2932a81f0393cb7f599d149041644e8d.png]

This would fit with Blue Imperial becoming a steel like dark gothic.

The helm could work in theory with both gothic's and both Imperial better then if it was 1 type of steel colour.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(19-10-2019, 01:55 AM)Terath Wrote: I've begun work on the model. I based the model off of the previous discussions. This may not be the final model, so please discuss if you believe it should be changed. I tried to replicate the same color and texture of the Imperial armours.

I originally planned to just make the model and post it before texturing, but I got carried away. It's on me if people don't like it and we decide to go elsewhere with the model.

Front
Side
Canted

looks nice Terath Smile  I dont know how far the progress is but it could need bit more royality Big Grin
[Image: zPA9RPA.png] [Image: cHTj01v.png]
‌‌ Shop ‌‌ Steam
how about just adding a golden trim along the edges of the visor?

[Image: f342Hf2.jpg]
Do you guys have any idea if and when the new model will be implemented in the mod? I really like the new model
23/10/19 - Gothic Greaves  Nord Siege Captain
18/12/19 - Royal Helmet  King Ragnar