Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map voting
(19-04-2019, 02:40 PM)Terath Wrote: Just like Kaasovic said, map voting was and is planned to be added, but it requires a major rewrite of an old block of code. Kaasovic's response wasn't ambiguous, it was just a response to the video and somebody saying that it had already been coded, which is answer enough.

In terms of maps, if I recall correctly, the original plan was to remove the really bad maps and keep ones that could be easily fixed and the good ones. I don't know where this is currently at, but it is the plan. I've been pushing for a viewpoint shift from 'changing the really good maps to match the okay ones' to 'change the okay maps to the really good maps or find a good middle ground'. Hopefully, in combination, both of these changes would make the game more fun to play.

It would be cool to see maps we have not seen in years back to the way they were or almost. Some i don't think we should see again but we lost quite a few maps to bad changes.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(19-04-2019, 02:40 PM)Terath Wrote: Just like Kaasovic said, map voting was and is planned to be added, but it requires a major rewrite of an old block of code. Kaasovic's response wasn't ambiguous, it was just a response to the video and somebody saying that it had already been coded, which is answer enough.

In terms of maps, if I recall correctly, the original plan was to remove the really bad maps and keep ones that could be easily fixed and the good ones. I don't know where this is currently at, but it is the plan. I've been pushing for a viewpoint shift from 'changing the really good maps to match the okay ones' to 'change the okay maps to the really good maps or find a good middle ground'. Hopefully, in combination, both of these changes would make the game more fun to play.

Thank you for providing clarification on Kaasovic's statement and the future plans for map voting. Good news indeed. 

Concerning the second part, it appears your planned actions are long term, whereas the problem requires a short term solution. Only because of the very low active player base public rag runs are almost impossible to start, let alone finish. As soon as more people are active again this won't be that big of a deal anymore. That is why the changes to the map rotations seemed promising.

It's all good, but it takes months and years of time. If ever will be done at all, considering 'major rewrite'.

And improving map list on one EU server is a matter of minutes, in worst case couple of hours, and it will already improve this mod a lot for many many players, including most active ones.
I agree on map voting, it sucks if you cant continue after a run, just because the map is bad. 

However, as for a quick fix, I would suggest to let the admins change the maps if requested by the majority.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
Bump, please implement. Non-optimized maps don't help the currently-declining population.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
If there was more focus on some invisible walls, roundways for kiting that just would have
to be reopened and choke points that in many cases just need to be narrowed, the list of
seemingly unplayable and disfavourited maps would be significantly shorter.

As said, many runs just fail because you run out of ground as there is no roundway to kite/
grab the tome back at base. No point in this as there arent any advantages in kiting any
longer after the loot update.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(25-04-2019, 09:01 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote: If there was more focus on some invisible walls, roundways for kiting that just would have
to be reopened and choke points that in many cases just need to be narrowed, the list of

As said, many runs just fail because you run out of ground as there is no roundway to kite/
grab the tome back at base. No point in this as there arent any advantages in kiting any

The players spawn matters in maps. A lot of maps if you get tomed in you get swamped by all the ranged or all the bots. 

In saying that i would rather have a shit player spawn vs stuff that "looks good" but makes a map harder for no reason.

[Image: A46B21E843622E88ED91549AFB86354241B5E761]

Think this map could be one of the fastest ever at the cost of it using a lot of cades. Take away that unnecessary stuff from maps and the game would be so much better.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(25-04-2019, 09:15 AM)Woody Wrote:
(25-04-2019, 09:01 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote: If there was more focus on some invisible walls, roundways for kiting that just would have

The players spawn matters in maps. A lot of maps if you get tomed in you get swamped by all the ranged or all the bots. 

In saying that i would rather have a shit player spawn vs stuff that "looks good" but makes a map harder for no reason.

[Image: A46B21E843622E88ED91549AFB86354241B5E761]

Think this map could be one of the fastest ever at the cost of it using a lot of cades. Take away that unnecessary stuff from maps and the game would be so much better.

No, it's shitty anyway, because not enough peeking spots, even if they will remove vines from the gate. Talking about Rag obviously, don't care about fixing map list on any other game mode. With good team you can faceroll any bad map on Hard ofc.
(24-04-2019, 09:17 PM)Malong Wrote: Bump, please implement. Non-optimized maps don't help the currently-declining population.
(09-05-2019, 08:43 PM)Forward Wrote:
(24-04-2019, 09:17 PM)Malong Wrote: Bump, please implement. Non-optimized maps don't help the currently-declining population.

I know no one will implement that voting. But just about map list.

Looks like old map list was restored. No one will seriously play maps like Hidden Farm or Forgotten Bay on Rag, they are neither cadeable neither kiteable. It's waste of players time who join them only to change map. Please remove bad maps from Rag rotation. I'm not talking about non-Rag servers, they should have maximum choice of maps available, including even maps removed nowadays like Mountain Outpost and such. Though some maps like new Traders' Valley, I don't know, they have weird bot paths which make impossible to reliably cade them, maybe remake before add.

Perfect Rag map list would be:
  1. Caravan Ambush
  2. Hande's Retreat
  3. Hidden Cave
  4. Hyper's Hell
  5. Hyper's Castle
  6. First Defence
  7. Frosthaven
  8. Graubergen
  9. Old Shire
  10. Nordic Fortress
  11. Praven
  12. Swadian City
  13. Swadian Citadel
  14. Swadian Great Hall
  15. Swadian Old Village
  16. Swadian Overgrown
  17. Swadian Outskirts
  18. Senuzgda Cavern
  19. Yalen Retreat
  20. Mointain Pass (debatable)
  21. Nordic Village (debatable)
  22. Port Assault (debatable)
  23. Keancuop Forest (debatable)
  24. King of the Hill (debatable)
Another thing is having 3rd Rag EU server instead of 4th Hard one. This idea was supported by community and I don't see why not. Successful Hard teams will have more map choice when switching to Rag. Having 3 instead of 4 Hards will not significantly affect Normal teams who switching to Hard. And having choice from 3 maps not 2 will greatly help active community.

EDIT: I might forgot some good maps, obviously, feel free to correct me.