Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Whats the best hero (max was 10 options)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Warden + Mp + Cm + Repeater
51.06%
24 51.06%
Senti + Avent + Leg
2.13%
1 2.13%
Sentry + Mara + Hoplite + Zwei
6.38%
3 6.38%
Ranger + Halb + Jugg
4.26%
2 4.26%
Pc + Rg
6.38%
3 6.38%
Warden + Senti + Sentry + Ranger
4.26%
2 4.26%
Mp + Hoplite + Mara + Halb
10.64%
5 10.64%
Avent + Cm + Repeater + Pc
6.38%
3 6.38%
Leg + Zwei + Rg + Jugg
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hero Class - Analysis. (V2)
So, what is a hero class?

The Hero Class is just a fancy name for the fifth tier in character progression. However, unlike the first four tiers, players are given 4 choices that allow for specialization. Obtaining Hero Class also costs 750,000 gold. This is non-refundable. If you use a character respec, you will lose this gold so choose wisely. Hero Class also requires 13 class points -- therefore only a level 52 character is capable of becoming a hero class.

You will find a list of the hero stats here --> Hero Classes Progression 

What class should I pick 1st? 

I think this is the most asked question in NI, to be honest. This question has no right answer. This is truly up to you and none else as this is subjective. The easiest way to find an answer to this question for yourself would be to answer a few questions. 

A. What do you want to do? (Ranged or Melee or a mix of both)  
B. What do you see yourself doing job wise? 
C. What do you enjoy more? Playing safe or aggressive or a mix of both? 

Part A is a lot more important than B or C but its something to consider when playing a class. 

Example using me.

1. I find I enjoy melee more than ranged but I like both. 

2. For me, slashing is what I see myself doing a lot but I want to be able to go out onto the field and melee down some bots. I would also rather a longer 2h than a short 1h and shield.

3. A good mix of both. At times Ill play safe but when I know we are going to tome next wave or some other factors I want to play a bit more aggressive.

From this maybe you can tell my favourite classes are Sentry and Marauder followed by Jugg. 

You don't need to think about this too hard as you can always make more than one hero or join me in having them all. All the heroes, in the end, do something in a way other heroes can't. There is no bad hero if you use it right. 

What is the most op class?

Hmm... See this is the thing it's really hard to compare heroes that have just about nothing in common. On one side of the spectrum, you may have Warden that is a very powerful ranged class in the right hands and the other side Jugg that's an absolute tank compared to Warden. Both classes could be considered op in their field. 

Variables like what mode you are playing matters heavily. Chosen Marksman would probably be the most op class vs Odin but vs wave 1 normal using a Dead Shot is maybe a bit overkill. Classes like Sentinel with very fast 1h's that can still 1 shot bots would be considered more op in that area of the game. 

Most if not all classes could be considered op in their field. It comes down to what is your goal as I'm sure you can find the most Op class that suits your play style. 

So, how can you trust my opinion on the matter?

I'm am someone that has played this game for years but more importantly, I'm one of the few that has all the heroes. I guess even more important I've played each hero for a good amount of time with some or all of the best items for that class. From this, I have a fairly good understanding of what that hero is good at and not using my real experience. 

For what will be subjective and objective I'll try to keep this as objective as I can. Sometimes players say they know how a class is without even playing it once. Looking at stats can give you an idea about how a class works but you cant beat real game play. I can say for sure I may get subjective at some points but I'll try to come at it with some evidence of why I feel that way. 

1. Warden
2. Sentinel
3. Sentry
4. Ranger

5. Master Peltast
6. Hoplite
7. Marauder
8. Halberdier

9. Chosen Marksman
10. Aventurier
11. Repeaterman
12. Pavise Champion

13. Legionnaire
14. Zweihander
15. Royal Guard
16. Juggernaut

This thread is an update to this one --> https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=15529. This one was last updated in 2015 so I think an update would be good.

I would like to see peoples opinions on the heroes they have played just in case I'm overlooking something. I didn't want to talk much about points like how in theory RG makes for an ok slasher... this topic is trying to talk about how the heroes differ as much as I can.  

If you disagree with something here feel welcome to say so by giving a reason why. I don't want a "Hoplite is clearly the best" as this says nothing on the topic. Try to be as objective as you can.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
This is "ruffly" accurate. Bleh, you edited it.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Yea I know you could only have 10 options, but for me the multi-functional classes turned out to be the best ones (and are kinda the reason why I sticked with Legio & Pav in the end).
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
My thoughts.
  • NI is a ranged-oriented mod. Melee classes are not needed. They're just not as effective, and you want to clear waves as fast as possible, regardless meleeing bots might be more satisfying for some players.
  • Ragnarok is only game mode which matters. Other game modes are whatever, you can play them facerolling your keyboard anyway. Cavalry just sucks, every run took ages and requires only grind, no skill.
  • Shielders are not required at all. Exactly opposite, bad shielder play or overconfidence in shielding cause many wipes. I'm talking from public servers perspective. On events... they are still not needed, but at least they would not do stupid things (probably, and when they do you have more tomes on events anyway). On top of it there are shileders who don't know how to corner Odin and in reality it's only one place where to have shielder might be positive for the team and win some time.
So I'm talking from perspective for class to being effective (clear as fast as possible and don't wipe) on public Ragnarok run with best weapons and armours available from pick-up.

My class rating (trying to be objective):
  1. Legionnaire. Blatantly OP. Can do insane DPS and facetank heavy hits.
  2. MP. Much worse at surviving then Legionnaire, but faster which means better kiting.
  3. Warden. Best class at long range, for clearing ranged bots, still good DPS at cades, can kite.
  4. Repeaterman. Best DPS at cades, good stunlock, relatively good survivability.
  5. Pavise Champion. Mediocre at shooting, mediocre at shielding. What makes him somewhat useful is deploying Tower Shield.
  6. CM. One might say he kills bosses, but in reality he just steal boss kills. Like if there was no other people who can kill that boss.
  7. Hoplite. He can use volcs. He can do some shielding. He can do some slashing.
  8. Marauder, Halberdier. They can use volcs. They can do some slashing.
  9. Sentinel, Sentry, Ranger. As damage dealer class you generally don't want to trade-off you DPS for some other shit.
  10. Aventurier. Just can't imagine why would you need 1h skill on your crossbowman if you might take Repeaterman, PC or CM.
  11. Zweihandler. OK, if you play with a shielder you might need a good slasher.
  12. RG. Best shielder, but probably I already told you that shielders are not needed.
  13. Juggernaut. Best melee fighter in the game where melee fighters are not needed.
imagine being able to try out hero classes like a recruit does with classes

@fwd, you forgot 3 classes, also aventurier can kite with high end gear (hard and up to wave 9 rag, can outrun thor )
(22-12-2019, 02:38 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: imagine being able to try out hero classes like a recruit does with classes

@fwd, you forgot 3 classes, also aventurier can kite with high end gear (hard and up to wave 9 rag, can outrun thor )

I didn't. And yes, you can kite, but there are many classes which do that kite better, and you would be more efficient as Repeaterman and just stunlock that Thor rather then running from him. You're not going to solo Thor anyway.
ah shit here we go again
Loots 

2018 - Sun Pike   
2018 - Severance 
2018 - Pride 
2018 - Mjolnir 
2018 - Legacy 
2018 - Ornate C. 
2018 - TigerScale A.
2019 - Dragon S. 
2019 - Gilded Bear A 
2019 - Gothic Plate 
2019 - Dark Gothic G. 
2020 - Gothic Sallet 
2020 - Defender Armour
2020 - Ailadrodd
2021 - Volundr
2021 - Hurricane

2021 - Defender G.
(22-12-2019, 02:38 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: imagine being able to try out hero classes like a recruit does with classes

Being able to pay 50k? for a trial that lasts a week or so sounds like a great suggestion. 

The problem other than how hard or easy that would be to code is gear-wise you may have nothing for that class making it pointless.

Being able to rent house crafted gear from the market place would be interesting and would solve that problem.

(22-12-2019, 02:38 PM)Forward Wrote: So I'm talking from perspective for class to being effective (clear as fast as possible and don't wipe) on public Ragnarok run with best weapons and armours available from pick-up.

Nice to see you read this.

(22-12-2019, 01:15 PM)Woody Wrote: What is the most op class?

Variables like what mode you are playing matters heavily. Chosen Marksman would probably be the most op class vs Odin but vs wave 1 normal using a Dead Shot is maybe a bit overkill. Classes like Sentinel with very fast 1h's that can still 1 shot bots would be considered more op in that area of the game. 

Most if not all classes could be considered op in their field. It comes down to what is your goal as I'm sure you can find the most Op class that suits your play style. 

Hoplite
"Game modes I think this hero does best at (in order)
Rag, Cav, Hard, Normal"
Remove cav from here. Elegy is too short to be usefull on cav. Hoplite is clearly the best.
28lvl Attacker 15lvl Defender Max Support
Loot:
01.01.2018 Dragon Halberd
03.05.2018 Dragon Arrows 
21.05.2018 Dark gothic gauntlets
(22-12-2019, 04:10 PM)Cygan Wrote: Hoplite
"Game modes I think this hero does best at (in order)
Rag, Cav, Hard, Normal"
Remove cav from here. Elegy is too short to be usefull on cav. Hoplite is clearly the best.

The 1h mode has been given the ok on cav. It's just a matter of when the next update is. 

Even in saying that it's not short vs most real 1h's?