Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Question About Trading Rules concerning Trade offers made outside of the NI Forum
Quote:Trading Rules
  • Do not make an offer you do not intend to honour.

I was trying to buy an item not within the forums but using steam chat as the platform to negotiate. Me as the buyer and the other guy as the seller. We agreed onto a Price. I begin crafting certain Items as the item being involved in the trade was a Masterwork Toolkit. A few minutes later i recieve a message that the trader got a better offer. A few days later i ask the same trader again about the Stuff he sells, this time for pure gold. So in the end, he did still had the trading good, and was just trying to get more from me. We again agreed to a price. this time he told me to give him some time thinking, i asked him about half a day later in which he insulted me for being impatient. Now 2 days later i asked him again and this time he wanted the Masterwork Toolkit again. 

Now my question is, how far does the above stated rule reach? Just on the NI Forums or also on other Messaging Platform outside of the Devs reach?

After he did not honor our trade i told him that i will report this instance (Here). He got angry and insulted me on Steam and then Removed me from Steam.

For those interested below the Conversation

I told him I'd give him the mats for the collectibles (or less than you agreed onto, I just wanted 2) or even lend him the mats. So yea, that's the better offer he got. He then decided to not upgrade [the Pene] so he had no hurry after all as he has another month time [for Impervious].
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
All i have to say here is people change their minds, i guess you never do, and it's funny how you had no problem with me cancelling the deal with you at first, "Kriegstofu: well i guess then i am crafting that kit for my dragon arrows
also good luck with the crafting Wink " But few days later, when i asked you about the toolkit you are just instantly sending me the rule, if you had a problem, should've said that at first and reported me then, my question is, if someone offered me something like 4 months ago, and i didn't want it then means i can go to that person now and tell them they have to do the trade with me or i'll report them?
My Steam: Link
My Shop: Link
My Loots: 36
"Do not make an offer you do not intend to honour" would mean that Never did not intend to honour the offer in the first place. He very obviously did intend to honor the offer in the first place (shown in the screenshots), but instead backed out on it because he got a better offer. Nothing he did came even close to breaking the rules.
Reporting a player because there was frustration with the trade is never an acceptable answer. That aside, we do not police trades that are not on NordInvasion hosted services.

Edit: Now seeing that this was a question and not a report. Woops. Yeah, the top paragraph still applies. Nothing he did came close to breaking the rules.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(02-01-2020, 06:25 PM)Terath Wrote: "Do not make an offer you do not intend to honour" would mean that Never did not intend to honour the offer in the first place. He very obviously did intend to honor the offer in the first place (shown in the screenshots), but instead backed out on it because he got a better offer. Nothing he did came even close to breaking the rules.
Reporting a player because there was frustration with the trade is never an acceptable answer. That aside, we do not police trades that are not on NordInvasion hosted services.

Edit: Now seeing that this was a question and not a report. Woops. Yeah, the top paragraph still applies. Nothing he did came close to breaking the rules.

So that rule basically means don't make trolling offers? It is a bit hard to understand what that rule means. I was pretty sure it meant that once an offer was accepted on both sides, it applies no matter if one gets offered something better or not. (kinda like a contract.)
(02-01-2020, 06:35 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 06:25 PM)Terath Wrote: "Do not make an offer you do not intend to honour" would mean that Never did not intend to honour the offer in the first place. He very obviously did intend to honor the offer in the first place (shown in the screenshots), but instead backed out on it because he got a better offer. Nothing he did came even close to breaking the rules.

So that rule basically means don't make trolling offers? It is a bit hard to understand what that rule means. I was pretty sure it meant that once an offer was accepted on both sides, it applies no matter if one gets offered something better or not. (kinda like a contract.)

Logically speaking, forcing a player into a contract because both sides accepted a trade is what the trading on the main website is for. Each side accepts the other side's trade, and the items are traded. That's the contract. Anything before that transaction is just discussion.

There is no rule binding people to verbal contracts, because that would be incredibly restrictive and would only serve to damage trading as a whole. Players would pull out this rule when the trade isn't going the way they want, as is seen very clearly in your report.

The rule is indeed not very clear, and should say "Do not make an offer you do not intend to honour or have the means to honour", which is what I believe it originally referred to - players putting up WTS for items they didn't have, or WTBs with no form of payment, in which the end result is just annoyance for the person on the other end of the transaction. It does not refer to a verbally binding contract that forces a player to honour what they said they would trade - that part is left to the website's trading system.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off