Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ammo for repeaterman
(31-01-2020, 03:23 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote:
(31-01-2020, 03:08 PM)Forward Wrote: For example, usually I play Warden with 3 stacks of arrows, despite them being 100 in stacks. Why not doing the same with Repeaterman? Just learn to press K sometimes.

You might say 'I need melee weapon to protect myself', but you only need some practice with jumping and shooting. I know people who do it perfectly even on Repeaterman, so it's definitely possible.

I've seen these jumping guys and I'm not going to repeat them at all, first because the crossbowman is quite heavy and slow, and secondly it completely spoils the whole thrill of the game. Yes, I need a melee weapon, I could even sometimes take a shield, but a small supply of bolts just spoils everything. Repeaterman bolts are definitely needed. Increase their weight, all the same, here the main number of bolts

I don't agree. Adding more bolts to appease your lack of adaptability to a playstyle is not really a good argument for adding more bolts.

Every class should have downsides. CM does high damage, but it shoots slow. Therefore, CM gets its own bolts to help it do more damage at the rather large downside of shooting slow. Warden's focus is high damage, so it gets better arrows and a better bow to help, but Warden sucks in melee (not much of a downside these days, but oh well). Repeaterman does low (per shot) damage, but it shoots fast. Repeaterman doesn't need specialized bolts to help it do lower damage or shoot faster. The fact that you burn through ammo faster is just a downside of being one of the strongest classes. The consequence of not having specialized bolts for Repeaterman with a ton of ammo is intentional.

Keeping track of your ammo as Archer / Crossbowman is one of the easiest things to do because of the amount of ammo you get. I agree with Kaasovic that ammo count of Archer and Crossbowman should be much lower to force players to pay attention to their ammo. Pikeman already has to deal with this, and while it is slightly annoying, Pikeman is one of the strongest (if not the strongest, if you ask me) classes in the game.

Dude, just go refill your ammo. Even playing with a repeater / ammo / sword / shield, I just go make a ton of packs of bolts and leave them on the ground so that I don't have to refill every time, helping myself AND the team. You can press K to drop a pack of bolts instantly so that you can pick up tomes. There are solutions to your issues, you just don't use them.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
I have already read all these answers and they are unacceptable. All these phrases like "just restock" or "run and jump" don't work, and even if they did, no one would repeat them. The crossbowman is not mobile, he needs a different concept. Only a cretin would compare him to an Archer or a pikeman with their agility and speed. What is good for one is death for the other.

The situation I'm describing requires you to be open-minded. You think in patterns. The repeater is a minigun of this game. Think for yourself. You have a squad that has a stormtrooper, a sniper of various ranges and a machine gunner to cut through the dense ranks of enemies, but it only has a dozen rounds, so it must produce a machine gun only aimed sniper shots. Isn't this situation stupid?
You have created an interesting concept yourself, and you are personally stifling it at the root, not allowing it to develop. I don't understand you.
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
(31-01-2020, 07:03 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: All these phrases like "just restock" or "run and jump" don't work, and even if they did, no one would repeat them.

This is wildly incorrect. I have seen a great deal of Repeatermen be "mobile" in their gameplay and to say that restocking your ammo and running and jumping is not something Repeaterman does is wrong. You can play stationary if you want, but I have a hard time even calling 'restocking your ammo' a tactic. It's just refilling your ammo. It takes hardly any time at all and you can go right back to where you were standing before.

(31-01-2020, 07:03 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: The crossbowman is not mobile, he needs a different concept. Only a cretin would compare him to an Archer or a pikeman with their agility and speed. What is good for one is death for the other.

This is also incorrect. Just because Archer and Pikeman are more agile, does not mean Crossbowman 100% cannot move. Repeaterman can put enough distance between an enemy to empty his crossbow, reload and start shooting again if you are careful, even if its armour does weigh more than an Archer or Pikeman. To say that the crossbowman "is not mobile" is wrong.

(31-01-2020, 07:03 PM)Ken_Repeaterman Wrote: The situation I'm describing requires you to be open-minded. You think in patterns. The repeater is a minigun of this game. Think for yourself. You have a squad that has a stormtrooper, a sniper of various ranges and a machine gunner to cut through the dense ranks of enemies, but it only has a dozen rounds, so it must produce a machine gun only aimed sniper shots. Isn't this situation stupid?
You have created an interesting concept yourself, and you are personally stifling it at the root, not allowing it to develop. I don't understand you.

I don't think being condescending is going to get you anywhere. The fact that you are the one not listening to the opinions of others in this thread makes you the one that is not being open-minded.

I think your relation of the Repeater crossbow to miniguns is incorrect. Why is the Repeater the "minigun" of this game? Last time I checked, the Repeater crossbows don't shoot all of their rounds if you hold down the mouse button, only when you let go of it. This makes it more similar to semi-automatic gun, not an automatic one. This would make it more akin to a battle rifle, or, funnily enough, some sniper rifles.
If you want the mod to have an automatic belt-fed crossbow, I don't think that's going to happen.

You choosing to be stationary as a Repeaterman is your choice, not something forced upon you by the class. You can absolutely play the class while "being mobile". I don't understand how refilling your ammo is even an issue. If you just want to have some cool new bolts for your favourite class, I understand and I apologize, but they would not add anything to the core class.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Perhaps so. My request will add nothing at all, except the number of bolts in the slot
Loot:
Fiendish bow 17
Excalibur 18
Defender Armour 18
Eastern Full Scale 18
Glory 19
Dead Shot 19
Leather Overmail 19
Gloves of Vidar 20
Twigs of Iggdrasil 20
Shop
Steam
Bannerlord is a drunkard's bottle fight
ammo could be reduced even more and damage increased even more. this way deployable ammo boxes would gain impiortance (again?)
(31-01-2020, 09:03 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: ammo could be reduced even more and damage increased even more. this way deployable ammo boxes would gain impiortance (again?)
I already wrote something to make them a bit more interesting
(31-01-2020, 09:07 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(31-01-2020, 09:03 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: ammo could be reduced even more and damage increased even more. this way deployable ammo boxes would gain impiortance (again?)
Is it going to be the "med" box of engineer?

This would make pikeman more viable on cav.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(31-01-2020, 09:27 PM)Woody Wrote:

thats really a good idea Exclamation
(31-01-2020, 09:33 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(31-01-2020, 09:27 PM)Woody Wrote:

thats really a good idea Exclamation
Well it's not a new one. Think I or someone else suggested this 2 maybe 3 years ago when cav was a bit more popular in community discussion.

Personally I can see it being a 1 time refill you can use at any time. I don't think it should restore unless maybe you get ammo the old fashioned way. I would also not make it an instant refill obviously.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            

Reduce ammo and leave the damage where it is. The damage output of xbows is at its maximum already.

But I like the idea to bring back deployable ammo boxes Smile
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"