Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Quest Updates
(04-02-2020, 10:00 PM)Winter Wrote: Rise From the Ashes:  Added 500 x Wolf Clan Conscript

You are also missing Boorish Commoner but If I was to guess could be more than that.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(05-02-2020, 05:18 AM)Woody Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 10:00 PM)Winter Wrote: Rise From the Ashes:  Added 500 x Wolf Clan Conscript

You are also missing Boorish Commoner but If I was to guess could be more than that.

Don't plan to add that one currently.  Quests will receive a second pass tomorrow.  Cav quests will receive attention in the third pass that is currently unscheduled.
(05-02-2020, 05:20 AM)Winter Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 05:18 AM)Woody Wrote:

Don't plan to add that one currently.  Quests will receive a second pass tomorrow.  Cav quests will receive attention in the third pass that is currently unscheduled.

What makes a bot not qualify for the quest then? I can understand Hired Assassin not being in because of It having a chance to spawn vs it coming in a wave.  

Btw can we get an update on the rewards here?

[Image: 5d7b7fac81c430736058104b35103e9a.png]
[Image: 27e54d4f7990dc470a84e082d8b240ce.png]

First of all thank you to take on the quest section!

As I suppose these quests are meant to be accepted and completed by all players and there is
still more to come I'm not losing hope...yet.
I'm sure you take into consideration that this might be a great chance to regain some active players,
which can't be a bad thing for the mod.

As for now:
The adjustment in Minion Killer is a great idea regarding the fact that many waves are split, thus
bot numbers should reflect it. Minion Killer was the least affected, Defender Quests are much worse.
The Clan Hunter quest now somehow reflects the difficulty that wave 14 is split in two, while the
Giant Killer one again doesn't.

The rewards are a big problem imo and your update doesn't seem to change that in any way.
15k for 90 followers is just pointless. Add a 0 and it would be worth a thought.

Dvergar Ballistamen and Siege Masters...I won't even comment.

Very nice to add sth for Royal assassins - much appreciated!

As said, I'm hoping that there is more to come especially in regards to newer players with low gear.
Please don't take this critique the wrong way as I'm indeed happy that something is being done about
the quests. It also just reflects my own thoughts and I was hoping for this overhaul a long time and
might just be a bit disappointed...
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(05-02-2020, 07:53 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote: 15k for 90 followers is just pointless. Add a 0 and it would be worth a thought.

I´m sorry but you´re delusional. You´re passively working towards quests simply by playing the game and actively farming the quest would be done quickly, how does that justify 150k+? You are not supposed to get rich off of quests but have them more as a nice side-reward, especially considering they are repeatable like , what, every 3 days? Please.

(05-02-2020, 07:53 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote: The rewards are a big problem imo and your update doesn't seem to change that in any way.

Quests are not the main objective of the mod but rather a nice incentive to play different modes just for the fun of it. Therefore I don´t see any problem with quests, any reward should be welcome. And again, most quests are repeatable if not all of them. Could you only complete each quest once I´d agree with you, otherwise you´re just wrong.
(05-02-2020, 01:53 AM)Alphaa Wrote: Nka got most of these boss kills from kiting I wanna say. Good luck getting good at kiting or stealing the kills from 15-17 others on the server. I might check out the quests, been longing for some NI again. With the right incentive it could get me back for a few kiting runs.
That was what i was thinking aswell. 2 people kiting together will get this quest done way faster than a full server. Also this will just encourage people to not tome for bosses and just kill-steal the boss

EDIT: Also Rip to those people who were close before finishing RFTA 1, now you have to begin again with 500 Wolf Clan Recruits, RIP
(05-02-2020, 09:20 AM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 01:53 AM)Alphaa Wrote: Nka got most of these boss kills from kiting I wanna say. Good luck getting good at kiting or stealing the kills from 15-17 others on the server. I might check out the quests, been longing for some NI again. With the right incentive it could get me back for a few kiting runs.
That was what i was thinking aswell. 2 people kiting together will get this quest done way faster than a full server. Also this will just encourage people to not tome for bosses and just kill-steal the boss

EDIT: Also Rip to those people who were close before finishing RFTA 1, now you have to begin again with 500 Wolf Clan Recruits, RIP
I don't think the community here is that greedy not to tome dead people for a boss. That won't happen - at least when I'm there. 

kiting is a pretty good way to get all bosses except Odin and that's due to his ability. You won't have enough cades to hold him alone or even with 2 people if both were engineers. So the only chance you have is to run them out - not that hard actually when there wasn't his beautiful ability to weight your armour oh and not to mention his speed oh gosh. If that was changed, there might be a spark of hope to actually finish Odin in a kite.

Would be interesting how Nka managed to get all the Odin kills he has. Was it from a kite as well or has he been lucky in full runs?

Edit: It is possible with 2 people haha

[Image: PpBxbUH.png]
[Image: wQXN2eq.png]
(05-02-2020, 09:47 AM)Angar Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 09:20 AM)Kriegstofu Wrote:

I don't think the community here is that greedy not to tome dead people for a boss. That won't happen - at least when I'm there. 

kiting is a pretty good way to get all bosses except Odin and that's due to his ability. You won't have enough cades to hold him alone or even with 2 people if both were engineers. So the only chance you have is to run them out - not that hard actually when there wasn't his beautiful ability to weight your armour oh and not to mention his speed oh gosh. If that was changed, there might be a spark of hope to actually finish Odin in a kite.

Would be interesting how Nka managed to get all the Odin kills he has. Was it from a kite as well or has he been lucky in full runs?

People can be very greedy and others may not even care about quests. When Legacy Of a Hero got a buff to 500k and made Into a 1-time quest we did see some peoples bad side for some time till those people got that 500k.

I'm not too worried about this new one given the number of bosses needed. I'm sure we will see a few people actively trying to do this but I'm sure it will sink in soon how hard this really is to complete. If I was to take a guess over my 9k hours I would be lucky to have 400-500 Odin kills so to me this quest has no purpose other than to track how many kills I get. 

If the quest was to kill let's say something more achievable for most people like 25 of each bosses then I would be worried. Its no fun playing with greedy people when you are dead waiting for a tome.   

(05-02-2020, 09:47 AM)Angar Wrote: kiting is a pretty good way to get all bosses except Odin and that's due to his ability. You won't have enough cades to hold him alone or even with 2 people if both were engineers. So the only chance you have is to run them out - not that hard actually when there wasn't his beautiful ability to weight your armour oh and not to mention his speed oh gosh. If that was changed, there might be a spark of hope to actually finish Odin in a kite.

In our active days and without anyone invading our runs, Nka and I beat Odin on the regular. We have plenty of clips thanks to Nka where you can see us outsmart or outrun Odin by using the map to our advantage. Most of them are hilarious. We still are able to beat Odin on most maps, it´s all about using your resources correctly. It´s challenging tho and therefore the only way for me to enjoy this mod. (sadly most people wouldn´t leave me/us alone making me alt f4 almost immediately)
(05-02-2020, 01:37 PM)Alphaa Wrote: (sadly most people wouldn´t leave me/us alone making me alt f4 almost immediately)

"Alphaa's Ninja List" comes to mind.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.