Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bannerlord Discussion Thread
(20-02-2020, 10:35 PM)Horakti Wrote: Welp here are some bad news about Singleplayer in early access:

Quote:Due to the nature and scale of game that we have envisioned, there may be various problems or missing features and content during the course of early access:

Unique Maps for Towns, Castles and Village: Although we plan to create unique maps for every town and castle in the game, it is a rather arduous process to create that many well designed maps and as such, different locations may share the same map during early access.

Quest Content: A portion of planned quests may be missing entirely, and those in the game may be using placeholder maps, animations, etc.

Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management. Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting

Indeed, what's point to play SP if you will be unable to create a kingdom. Feels like demo rather then full game.
(20-02-2020, 10:06 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(20-02-2020, 09:34 PM)Woody Wrote:
(20-02-2020, 08:48 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(20-02-2020, 06:22 PM)makk Wrote: steam summer sale 2021
maybe wait till NI for Bannerlord comes out xD
At what point would Ni 2 be better than Ni tho.

Yes it would be nice to start again for some but to think we will get all the features Ni has at once is naive. It may take year of Ni2 for it to even catch up to where we are currently. Making code is one thing but In Ni we take for grantet models, maps, etc...

It will take a long time for bannerload to surpass mount and Blade and even longer for Ni to be taken over by Ni2.

Do you really think we have the resource to keep 2 mods running for different games?
As soon as we have stable version of NI2, we'll pull the plug

No I don't my point was Ni 2 will be shit for the 1st year or what ever. Ni currently is in a very polished state so it is naive Ni2 will be just as flawless on day 1 let alone year 1.

If you plan to launch a very polished mod that just shows its going to take alot longer to make then some people realise.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Time on NI2 will heavily depend on our development team (hopefully returning developers and contributors) and how well we can work with the new systems they are giving us be that code and maps to mention a few. I myself will have to get well accustomed to the game itself and see how maps work before I even start learning how to make them with this huge new system let alone making good quality maps to be put into the new game. All that needs to be done from everyone else is be patient because put simply, this will take a fair while to make.
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
(21-02-2020, 02:28 AM)Woody Wrote:
(20-02-2020, 10:06 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(20-02-2020, 09:34 PM)Woody Wrote:
(20-02-2020, 08:48 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote:
(20-02-2020, 06:22 PM)makk Wrote: steam summer sale 2021
maybe wait till NI for Bannerlord comes out xD
At what point would Ni 2 be better than Ni tho.

Yes it would be nice to start again for some but to think we will get all the features Ni has at once is naive. It may take year of Ni2 for it to even catch up to where we are currently. Making code is one thing but In Ni we take for grantet models, maps, etc...

It will take a long time for bannerload to surpass mount and Blade and even longer for Ni to be taken over by Ni2.

Do you really think we have the resource to keep 2 mods running for different games?
As soon as we have stable version of NI2, we'll pull the plug

No I don't my point was Ni 2 will be shit for the 1st year or what ever. Ni currently is in a very polished estate so it is naive Ni2 will be just as flawless on day 1 let alone year 1.

If you plan to launch a very polished mod that just shows its going to take alot longer to make then some people realise.
opposite to the launch of NI, we now have experience with the concept. early NI had loot only for the bot killer. things like that which were unfair for shielders etc. you only had a player crafting and no house crafting. so there already is a lot of concepts that we have achieved. so you basically already have a business plan proven to work compared to what we had at the beginning of NI

so you basically have the framework already. what is missing is "just" the models, the maps and the tools to implement those into bannerlord

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong
(21-02-2020, 08:38 AM)Kriegstofu Wrote: opposite to the launch of NI, we now have experience with the concept. early NI had loot only for the bot killer. things like that which were unfair for shielders etc. you only had a player crafting and no house crafting. so there already is a lot of concepts that we have achieved. so you basically already have a business plan proven to work compared to what we had at the beginning of NI

so you basically have the framework already. what is missing is "just" the models, the maps and the tools to implement those into bannerlord

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

I would hope It would be that easy but I don't need to say on this topic how old Mount and Blade is vs Banner Lord. Look at DragonFire post for example.

We have some concepts down sure but to suggest Ni2 is just going to be the same as Ni 1 but a fresh new look... What's the point then? Starting again means you can do things differently as you may have learned something on your 1st try and want to do it differently on Ni 2.

I'll give 2 examples. The drop system and items in general. Ni 2 would be a good time to change a lot of stuff If we found good idea's. I'm sure Kip and others have stuff planned as they already want to do some things differently.

May I suggest we have a page on the forum called "Feature Requests for NI2" that way we can see some Idea's people have for a new game.

Agree with Woody. There are a lot of things have to be changed in NI2. Some NI features just didn't work and exist like old days artifacts. So +1 for subforum.
We are planning to not set any ideas in concrete until we know exactly what we have access to change and what we are capable of creating. If we plan ahead extensively, without knowing how much of the game we can add or change, there is a high chance our plans could be crippled by hard-coded features or things we simply couldn't have planned for.

Therefore, instead of creating a ton of documentation for things that we want to do, we created a basic list of things we want to NOT do, or to avoid / be wary of. This helps us avoid a lot of the same pitfalls NI1 has that we can't fix without major structural change. There were some really good points on this post that highlighted that we have the benefit of many years of hindsight to see what went wrong in NI1.

We don't know enough about Bannerlord's code to plan anything. We know what we want to do in general, as in general concept planning and wishlists, but we are not starting planning or creating anything until we have the code in our hands and the ability to edit it. This does not mean that us developers as individuals don't have plans - we all want to do something much larger in scope with NI2 compared to NI1. We are just keeping expectations and ideas under control until we really know what we're dealing with.

Note: Do not suggest to me what should be on the avoid list. Suggestions will likely be highly opinionated and I don't want to deal with reading through them. If you thought of it, we probably have too. It's not that your suggestion would be inherently wrong, I just don't want to deal with it.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Campaign Feature for NI2 Confirmed? Tongue
Suggestions can be opinionated but to say... " If you thought of it, we probably have too.".

The idea of having the thread "Feature Requests for NI2" is so you can work together with the community. It true you will get a lot of over lap with suggestions once we get closer to Ni2. This will happen with or without the thread mind you... What I would do In you're shoes is made a sticky post on that thread saying everying the Dev team doesn't want to do and things it would want to do given it's possible. It would be a constantly updating list sort of like a constantly updating blog posts on the plans for Ni2. For what reason would it need to be a secret?

I've had a few idea's over the years and I've seen some of my ideas be quite easy to get to. The last time I was in TS we were talking about the topic of not doing trading. That would be a very radical change but the discussion behind it is quite interesting as it does have positives and some negatives.

I can think of so many topics that It feels wrong to cool shoulder the community on its suggestions/opinions. I disagree you have thought of even 10% of the communities ideas. I'm not to saying all 90% will be gems but even if it's only 5% with a possible " Yea we will look into it in Banner Lord" that's still a benefit to you the Dev team as you may of found a new mechanical or what not that makes people like Ni2 even more.

(21-02-2020, 05:00 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: Campaign Feature for NI2 Confirmed? Tongue
Rolleyes