Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Lokis Ability. Cool down?
(25-02-2020, 01:58 PM)Forward Wrote:
(25-02-2020, 12:04 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Loki's ability should trigger a 30 second grace period before a new trickster can spawn on the same player. I'll have a look later and decide whether anything should be done to the timer

It's definitely not working like this atm, as Akanamah says, sometimes he just spawn 3 tricksters on you in 5 seconds.
Thats what Angar said and not Akanamah.
23.02.2018 - Brigadine Plated Red 
10.02.2019 - Rupturer
30.12.2019 - Legacy
14.03.2020 - Leviathan's Helmet
05.02.2021 - Illustrious
12.02.2021 - Brigadine plated Red
20.03.2021 - Rending Bolts
21.05.2021 - Pike of Kings
(25-02-2020, 02:04 PM)Lucien Wrote:
(25-02-2020, 01:58 PM)Forward Wrote:
(25-02-2020, 12:04 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Loki's ability should trigger a 30 second grace period before a new trickster can spawn on the same player. I'll have a look later and decide whether anything should be done to the timer

It's definitely not working like this atm, as Akanamah says, sometimes he just spawn 3 tricksters on you in 5 seconds.
Thats what Angar said and not Akanamah.

Akanamah: 'he crazy spam ability (2x time spawn 3 trickster nonestop, and 2-3 time 2 trickster)'

And it's whatever what who said because everyone can confirm there is no "grace period" atm.
Why change it when it´s perfectly fine the way it is. Then again if you´re going to change it why would runs be "deadly boring" all of a sudden.. Just take the game the way it is and keep grinding. In my active times Loki/-e (whatever he´s called now) screwed me over way too many times and it got me very upset quite often. But that wave is supposed to be unpredictable and offer a different approach to the wave when alone.
(25-02-2020, 07:41 PM)Alphaa Wrote: Why change it when it´s perfectly fine the way it is. Then again if you´re going to change it why would runs be "deadly boring" all of a sudden.. Just take the game the way it is and keep grinding. In my active times Loki/-e (whatever he´s called now) screwed me over way too many times and it got me very upset quite often. But that wave is supposed to be unpredictable and offer a different approach to the wave when alone.
When I kite I want to rely on my skill and not on a random principle whether I screw up or not. I know how the waves work...how the different bots work. I can prepare myself to almost every situation on a kite except of the Loki wave because I'm forced to rely on my luck not to get 3 Tricksters on myself. I don't see this as a challenge but rather as a masacre once the worst case scenario occurs.

Having the problem solved doesn't make the Loki wave less challenging since it is still a super hard wave but compared to the Thor wave, it just isn't harder to beat anymore.
[Image: wQXN2eq.png]
Make a vote if needed. Personally I agree with Angar that kiting should be based on a skill not on luck. If you think 30 seconds grace period too much/too easy, I think it's possible to decrease it to, let's say, 15 seconds.
The game is not about kiting. Never has been, never will be. So why are you expecting this change to be made for the sake of kiting? It´ll make classic runs much easier for no reason. Unless there´s supposed to be a grace period that Kaasovic mentioned. Then it´s just a bug and will be fixed.
(25-02-2020, 08:44 PM)Alphaa Wrote: The game is not about kiting. Never has been, never will be. So why are you expecting this change to be made for the sake of kiting? It´ll make classic runs much easier for no reason. Unless there´s supposed to be a grace period that Kaasovic mentioned. Then it´s just a bug and will be fixed.
Why does it make classic runs easier? Those 30 seconds are based on a player. So if Loki wanted to, he could still spawn 1 trickster for everyone on the server at the same time so the change doesn't really affect a full run. It just affects the kite and changes it from impossible to possible. It changes  from based on Lokis ability to based on your kite style which I prefer over the current situation.
[Image: wQXN2eq.png]
Something can be said about the ability itself. You can dodge Thor's and Odin's but Loki's comes to you. Coming from someone with ping I've found wave 9 has been just as hard as wave 12 or 15 at times. If you pass wave 9 chances are you will be able to do the run.

I can see Loki's ability changing to something you can dodge.

One idea would be he could spawn look alikes that don't do any damage to players but come in bigger numbers than currently. Maybe the look alikes still can damage shields and cades if that's possible.

When I say look alikes I actually mean look exactly the same as Loki.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(26-02-2020, 12:35 AM)Woody Wrote: Something can be said about the ability itself. You can dodge Thor's and Odin's but Loki's comes to you. Coming from someone with ping I've found wave 9 has been just as hard as wave 12 or 15 at times. If you pass wave 9 chances are you will be able to do the run.

I can see Loki's ability changing to something you can dodge.

One idea would be he could spawn look alikes that don't do any damage to players but come in bigger numbers than currently. Maybe the look alikes still can damage shields and cades if that's possible.

When I say look alikes I actually mean look exactly the same as Loki.

No
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2021594939
Loki not that hard Big Grin