Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

A new Attempt on Nordinvasion 2
Greetings fellow Protectors of the Kingdom,
this Thread is aimed at everyone that is interested in a new Nordinvasion-like Game in Bannerlord. I ask everyone reading this to only give serious replies to help us all to get some progress regarding this topic.

As all of you probably know, Bannerlord got officially released on the 25th of October. I am aware of the fact that there is still a lot to do in this game, especially concerning the performance of the Multiplayer Servers.

But I think now is the time to start thinking about precise ideas for a new Mod in Bannerlord. Is “Nordinvasion” still a good setting or is something like “Imperialinvasion” or “Vlandianinvasion” a better one? What new features can help the game to be more fun? What existing features can be removed? Many things to think about where everyone can help.

Starting 2 years ago there already was an interesting discussion but none of those ideas was concretized. I want to change that soon.

But the most important hurdle to overcome is obviously to get the Devs to start coding on the new Mod. We all know, that the Devs have no more motivation to do anything on this game. They are at odds among themselves for reasons no one can comprehend anymore at this point.

So, one direct question: Are there old Devs that have an interest in Coding a new Mod, or are there any people that are not part of the Dev Team and would like to join a new one at the new Game?

I think that with the high amount of Bannerlord Players it will be only a matter of time before finding new motivated people to help as Devs once the Mod is published in an early stadium. But this simple version of the mod needs to be built first.

So, to all people interested: Spread this Thread to the old Devs and get as many contacted as possible. Message them on Steam and everywhere else. Talk to your house members, weather active or inactive, and let’s get something started together.

It would be great if u post your detailed ideas and progress with contacting Devs here. And if a Dev is reading it: Write here if u are ready for some action. Maybe we can build a “Nordinvasion 2 Task Force” soon. In case I would offer my services as the organizer of that.

With many friendly greetings,
Gonsar, Captain of House Thor´s Hammer
(01-11-2022, 09:00 PM)TH_DatGonsar Wrote: Greetings fellow Protectors of the Kingdom,
this Thread is aimed at everyone that is interested in a new Nordinvasion-like Game in Bannerlord. I ask everyone reading this to only give serious replies to help us all to get some progress regarding this topic.

As all of you probably know, Bannerlord got officially released on the 25th of October. I am aware of the fact that there is still a lot to do in this game, especially concerning the performance of the Multiplayer Servers.

But I think now is the time to start thinking about precise ideas for a new Mod in Bannerlord. Is “Nordinvasion” still a good setting or is something like “Imperialinvasion” or “Vlandianinvasion” a better one? What new features can help the game to be more fun? What existing features can be removed? Many things to think about where everyone can help.

Starting 2 years ago there already was an interesting discussion but none of those ideas was concretized. I want to change that soon.

But the most important hurdle to overcome is obviously to get the Devs to start coding on the new Mod. We all know, that the Devs have no more motivation to do anything on this game. They are at odds among themselves for reasons no one can comprehend anymore at this point.

So, one direct question: Are there old Devs that have an interest in Coding a new Mod, or are there any people that are not part of the Dev Team and would like to join a new one at the new Game?

I think that with the high amount of Bannerlord Players it will be only a matter of time before finding new motivated people to help as Devs once the Mod is published in an early stadium. But this simple version of the mod needs to be built first.

So, to all people interested: Spread this Thread to the old Devs and get as many contacted as possible. Message them on Steam and everywhere else. Talk to your house members, weather active or inactive, and let’s get something started together.

It would be great if u post your detailed ideas and progress with contacting Devs here. And if a Dev is reading it: Write here if u are ready for some action. Maybe we can build a “Nordinvasion 2 Task Force” soon. In case I would offer my services as the organizer of that.

Hi. We're not at odds with each other. We just all have jobs and lives more than we used to. Please don't spam me or any of us developers about this, we are more than aware that there is demand for NI2, and I don't think there was any doubt there. Developing a mod of NI2's scale from nothing just requires an amount of free time I don't think many of us have; developing a new mod and maintaining an existing one (what we are currently doing) require totally different magnitudes of effort and attention.

I can't speak for the other developers, but Bannerlord is looking more viable as a place for a mod similar to NI lately. The custom servers were and are a bit scuffed, TaleWorlds can't get their servers to stay up past 3 map rotations and the game still has glaring issues in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Besides all of that, the dev tools for non-coders are amazing and more stuff is getting un-hardcoded every patch. Obviously this is no guarantee on our plans going forward, but compared to how things were a year or two ago, the game is generally better suited for it. Other large-scale mods with big teams have started work and that gives me confidence that Bannerlord is heading towards a good place for modding. If my fellow developers don't wish to continue modding in Bannerlord, I'll probably just do some work on other mods here and there or just make OSP resources.

Thank you for your interest.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Hi. We're not at odds with each other.

Just to clarify, I was the one who mentioned this with Gonsar, and I believe at the time I misspoke or perhaps was misinterpreted, I was referring to in the past there have been creative directional differences between developers and their opinions on what should or shouldn't be added to both the current live version of NI 1 and any potential future iterations on NI2/3/4 (If there is a 3rd/4th m&b installment.) This was not intended to be a comment of 'yeah all the devs fuckin' hate each other hay.'
I know some developers have discussed things they wanted to change but were not allowed/other devs did not agree. This is what I meant by 'at odds at times.'

I think we as a community can all understand and relate to your comment of having jobs/lives/families taking precedence over a mod, however I do think it would be beneficial if there were to be some more activity from both the administration teams ingame presence (devs also ofc.) and the development teams activity within the community via forum interaction, from an outside perspective looking on the forums the mod looks dead, I'm not saying we need a dev posting daily but it would be nice to just see a thread once in a while to show you're still developing things be it for NI or just dicking around, or even NI2. Would be great to see the mod being built from the ground up via a series of devblogs once every few weeks/months.

"In hindsight we would have definitely released some more updates had we known at that point that Bannerlord was still 3+ years away."
This was a comment made by a dev to me via steam about 1-2 years ago when discussing if NI2 was currently in development (No, as the mod tools currently are incomplete and not the best to do what we need to do + servers.)

At the time we all had no idea when/if we would even get a chance for NI2 but as you said Terath the modding tools are much more viable now than 18 months ago but it's nice to hear from a dev that you atleast think it will be possible to get something similar to NI1 on Bannerlord.

Hopefully the development team does open a discussion of features the community wants to see or at least allow admins to post suggestions taken from the community (anonymously) to help solidify a long term goal (potentially) for the development of the mod to strive toward.

Anyway again sorry for the mis clarification at the start.
Loots - 8
(03-11-2022, 02:48 AM)Terath Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 09:00 PM)TH_DatGonsar Wrote: Greetings fellow Protectors of the Kingdom,

Hi. We're not at odds with each other. We just all have jobs and lives more than we used to. Please don't spam me or any of us developers about this, we are more than aware that there is demand for NI2, and I don't think there was any doubt there. Developing a mod of NI2's scale from nothing just requires an amount of free time I don't think many of us have; developing a new mod and maintaining an existing one (what we are currently doing) require totally different magnitudes of effort and attention.

I can't speak for the other developers, but Bannerlord is looking more viable as a place for a mod similar to NI lately. The custom servers were and are a bit scuffed, TaleWorlds can't get their servers to stay up past 3 map rotations and the game still has glaring issues in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Besides all of that, the dev tools for non-coders are amazing and more stuff is getting un-hardcoded every patch. Obviously this is no guarantee on our plans going forward, but compared to how things were a year or two ago, the game is generally better suited for it. Other large-scale mods with big teams have started work and that gives me confidence that Bannerlord is heading towards a good place for modding. If my fellow developers don't wish to continue modding in Bannerlord, I'll probably just do some work on other mods here and there or just make OSP resources.

Hello,

first I want to thank you for your fast and serious reply.

I am aware of the fact that much time has passed since the release of this mod and everyone has a completely different life now, including myself. 
A new Mod in Bannerlord will cost a lot of time until everything is playable and even more time to work on everything in detail. That's why I requested everyone to think about what they can contribute to the Development.

Sorry, if you or anyone else understood my post wrong. There was never the intention to ask anybody to spam you or any other Dev. I have just the feeling that none in the community knows anything about the plans for the development of the new Mod. It is really hard to get reliable and open contact with many Devs about this specific topic. Many guys told me for example, that all Devs said to never develop an NI2. Obviously fake news. I just wanted to give this topic more attention and hear the opinion of the old Devs or someone, who wants to be a Dev on NI2. To hear for example your opinion here was exactly what I intended with this post. 

Sorry again for any inconvenience I may have generated and thanks again for ur thoughts on Bannerlord. Hopefully, we can hear from more Devs or interested persons in the next days.

I wish you and all other readers a nice and peaceful day,

Until then,

Gonsar
I would be interested in returning to develop NI for bannerlord however as mentioned the biggest issue will be life things. May sound like a broken record but yes many of us have work, families, and/or school which will factor into speed of development if the mod is to be made or if it isn't.

To talk about the possible future, the new code that bannerlord is in allows for so much potential that we would have to consolidate what ideas we would want immediately and others that may be added in future. I shudder to think about the time it would take to build a mod from the ground up with myself working and studying but if there's a want from this community to make it I personally, would like to try to.
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
Hello everyone!

This post excites me a whole lot, but as Terath is saying, don't start nagging to the devs that they have to start working on the mod, they are very aware of the demand for NI2.

As for brainstorming for new and removing old ideas, I would love to start doing that - just for a fun. Some collaborative creative work, could also spark some interest in new and old devs possibly.

Kind regards, Mark
Griffon Baschinet - 2019
Naval Glaive - 02.02.2021
(03-11-2022, 02:48 AM)Terath Wrote:

It would be worthwhile seeing if people would be interested in supporting the mod monetarily, which could perhaps justify the devs taking time out of their already limited schedules (I appreciate there are a myriad of issues that come along with financial support for modding, but as a first suggestion I figure it could help.)
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
I would be interested in seeing a NordInvasion 2 come alive and I am willing to lend a hand to help. However, with time not on my side, I won't be able to dedicate myself fully to the development.
I also don't see this project happening with the old hierarchy as this led to the point where we are now Sad
(12-11-2022, 11:54 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: I would be interested in seeing a NordInvasion 2 come alive and I am willing to lend a hand to help. However, with time not on my side, I won't be able to dedicate myself fully to the development.
I also don't see this project happening with the old hierarchy as this led to the point where we are now Sad

We appreciate the honesty, but even lending a hand to help for a couple hours here and there is certainly a great help regardless of the time you can commit! 

The mod definitely needs a new life breathed into it but until the current devs admit it's dead then we have to wait for them to say its dead or ask for our help. 

If they give up then someone else can take over but until then we're just waiting to jump in, like I said, plenty of people are willing to help with asset creation or financial support Smile
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
Only played Warband for this mod and the same will most likely be for Bannerlord. Would love to see it come back and lend a hand if I can.
Legendary Loots:
Zephyr - 14/6/2016