Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[WIP] Bastion of the Dancing Bear
After pushing for some map-fixes (which hopefully will be tested soon), I've been working on a new map.

My main aim was to give multiple opportunities of how to play the map. This results in a map suitable to kite, to cade savely on two different spots or to play it more aggressive. Swadian spawnpoints are located within the 2 cading areas, so one is outside the base and one inside depending on which one you use to cade.

Here are some pictures (still WIP):

[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
not a name suggestion but a suggestion still.

Get rid of the dumb green bear on the side of it.
Loots: 18
What's wrong with the bear btw? Since Swadia entered the modern era all bears can be any colour they choose if they feel so, you bear discriminator! Reported! Wink

As for the name: this is a small castle looking empty, like abandoned. Maybe Abandoned Castle? It is surrounded by mountains some miles away, then, maybe Mountain Post? Oh, wait!

PS. Bear Castle? Fendi likes it!
Kip's Keep

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
There are graves on the map,a message to the Nordics?
Firstly, map seems very minimalistic, doesnt seem like people would actually live here. As for the nords, if they spawn outside the castle and walk in that door they will get stuck and if they spawn in that open area in the castle the ranged nords will stay in the spawn if defenders cade in the 2nd area but also some bots will walk around to the front of that cade area but also some will walk to the back depending on spawn locations (aside from that area being really small). As for the first cade area, its under immediate direct fire from the nord spawn, its very small and cramped for a potential 16 player map.

Overall the map still needs alot of work. (Aware its still WIP)
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
(23-09-2020, 01:18 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: Firstly, map seems very minimalistic, doesnt seem like people would actually live here. As for the nords, if they spawn outside the castle and walk in that door they will get stuck and if they spawn in that open area in the castle the ranged nords will stay in the spawn if defenders cade in the 2nd area but also some bots will walk around to the front of that cade area but also some will walk to the back depending on spawn locations (aside from that area being really small). As for the first cade area, its under immediate direct fire from the nord spawn, its very small and cramped for a potential 16 player map.

Minimalistic as in no props/decoration/plants or based on the bare map structure?
Nords Spawn inside the castle. After going though a few of our current maps, the spawn area should sizewise fit (as for the space nords have to spawn).
You mean the nords would stay in spawn bacause they have "vision" on the Swadians immeadiatly? If yes, would that be too bad? They can technically be peeked and other maps (such as Praven) have the same thing happening with one of their spawns.
About the first cading area, this should mostly be in cover of the house directly at it's side (besides the peeking spots, which are meant to have a greater angle ofc), whats too small about it?

E: Also updated pictures.

it appears to be a bit too small, maybe tear down some wall and add an outside area? make it look like pravens torn down wall and add an outside area or sth like that
"Minimalistic as in no props/decoration/plants or based on the bare map structure?"  

The map is very bare bones aesthetically. Generally how it works with big maps aesthetics are an issue because there is so much space to cover with detail whereas with smaller maps aesthetics are one of the most important because its so confined and your attention to detail can be focused rather than spread all around like a large map. Additionally, aesthetics outside the actual map are important to add as well. (I personally think that overall this map is too small but thats just me)

"Nords Spawn inside the castle. After going though a few of our current maps, the spawn area should sizewise fit (as for the space nords have to spawn)."
An issue I see (in the direct overview picture) some bots may path behind that kiting area you made which may cause problems but testing the map will show this, additionally ranged bots may/will get stuck behind the house if swadians cade on the other side of that house

"You mean the nords would stay in spawn bacause they have "vision" on the Swadians immeadiatly? If yes, would that be too bad? They can technically be peeked and other maps (such as Praven) have the same thing happening with one of their spawns."
Its not encouraged. Shooting gallery maps are trying to be avoided as much as possible (Im aware of current maps that are in that are like this but sadly that is out of my control)

"About the first cading area, this should mostly be in cover of the house directly at it's side (besides the peeking spots, which are meant to have a greater angle ofc), whats too small about it?"
When making a map, especially a cade area you have to take into account if the cade area is big enough for 20 people. In the picture youve shown on that above peeking area you can get 3 maybe 4 up there, if people were on the stairs themselves it doesnt seem like theyd have a very good angle seems like a 5 man gap entrance if you arent using cades then 5 slashers covering then 3 people shooting from those side covers so just a rough estimate is that without cades at all you  can fit 16 people and 16 people in that area just looks way too cramped in such a small area. I can only suggest you expand the map and adjust the layout a bit to compensate.
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
(24-09-2020, 02:22 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: "Minimalistic as in no props/decoration/plants or based on the bare map structure?"  
The map is very bare bones aesthetically. Generally how it works with big maps aesthetics are an issue because there is so much space to cover with detail whereas with smaller maps aesthetics are one of the most important because its so confined and your attention to detail can be focused rather than spread all around like a large map. Additionally, aesthetics outside the actual map are important to add as well. (I personally think that overall this map is too small but thats just me)

I agree in terms of astethic stuff, but that's literally the last thing to do (in my eyes). What helps a lot of deco if I end up moving it completely bacause I have to readjust the map layout?

(24-09-2020, 02:22 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: "You mean the nords would stay in spawn bacause they have "vision" on the Swadians immeadiatly? If yes, would that be too bad? They can technically be peeked and other maps (such as Praven) have the same thing happening with one of their spawns."
Its not encouraged. Shooting gallery maps are trying to be avoided as much as possible (Im aware of current maps that are in that are like this but sadly that is out of my control)

Well, I am aware of avoiding long distances. The question was refering to the bot-spawn in relation to the cading area and nords barely moving out from it (what would have to be checked in first place). The distance the bots have to walk from their spawn to the cades is not extemely long. If they'd spawn elsewhere and had to walk from there [outside the castle], the amount of time swadians have to shoot them would be rather longer than shorter.

(24-09-2020, 02:22 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: "About the first cading area, this should mostly be in cover of the house directly at it's side (besides the peeking spots, which are meant to have a greater angle ofc), whats too small about it?"
When making a map, especially a cade area you have to take into account if the cade area is big enough for 20 people. In the picture youve shown on that above peeking area you can get 3 maybe 4 up there, if people were on the stairs themselves it doesnt seem like theyd have a very good angle seems like a 5 man gap entrance if you arent using cades then 5 slashers covering then 3 people shooting from those side covers so just a rough estimate is that without cades at all you  can fit 16 people and 16 people in that area just looks way too cramped in such a small area. I can only suggest you expand the map and adjust the layout a bit to compensate.

Thats quite similar to Swadian Old Village right here (besides the fact that gives like 2.5 peeking spots). The rest of the people will probably stay at the cades and shield/slash/throw at them. But that is how maps are played these days. I can extend the area and all that will happen is that it most likely won't be used. We've a lot of maps where only about 10-20% are used and tbh I don't think we need another of those.

E: Also added some more deco to cading area 1 and updated the pictures (not the overview yet).