Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Dev Q&A
(26-09-2020, 03:12 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote:
(26-09-2020, 03:01 AM)Woody Wrote: I don't exactly have questions for admins but I'm sure others may have some.

I'll make a hypothetical question up.

At what point do you think joining a 16/16 is to far.
Man that major contributor tag really means nothing tho must mean im not at all linked with development :/ but by all means shut down a person willing to answer what questions I can as one of the sole people that was working on map bugs and fixes for recent times and further back with direct contact to the devs lol

How am I supposed to know what you know. Being a major contributor is a tag so to me at least it means youre done a lot of work on the map side of things.

The few main questions I would have would be directed at higher ups given it would be something like...

What do you want Ni to be?

Whats stopping you from pushing more updates?

What is your aim with classes and how do you attend to fix the problem if you see one?

What do you believe was the greatest mistake over the years?

Etc...

My only mapping questions I could think of that would slightly interested me is...

The meta is speed so at what point do you think a map is to much?

Once again this is almost subjective so your opinion on the matter may be different to Kip's for example. You have probably talked about it but I'm guessing you don't have the exact same opinion.

I guess the other map question would be on the lines of kiting being... Do you support it at its current state as the dev team has had no clear answer over the years. Some map changes over the years have literally blocked off kiting.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
"What do you want Ni to be?" 
We want to change the core gameplay of NI, shift away from simply hiding in a corner and mindlessly killing braindead bots over and over again. We want it to feel actually rewarding to complete something and not just empty because you clicked the right mouse button and pressed T or stand on one spot and left click for the entire length of the game.

"Whats stopping you from pushing more updates?" 
Kip's avaliable time to work on NI and push out updates is very limited as he is running his own buisness as well as general life stuff to take care of as do the rest of us. Taking that into account, he also has to check every piece of work from maps, code, models etc individually, give them the okay, compile them and push them out which takes alot of time, time he doesnt nor the rest of us, have anymore for NI1 and we want to look forward with what we want to/can do for NI2 should the modding tools allow us to do so

"What do you believe was the greatest mistake over the years?" 
Barricades spawned the camping mentality and the ranged dominance playstyle, uberpowerful legendaries made the game too easy as more and more people got them so naturally the bots were buffed to compensate but then their damage had to be buffed as well which leads into having enemies kill you in one hit which deters infantry from open fighting the bots which circles back to having barricades and ranged dominance.

"The meta is speed so at what point do you think a map is to much?" 
There is a difference between a map being fast and being easy, what I want to know is why is the map being beaten so fast or what is making the map too easy which results in differant things about that map being changed. Is ranged too powerful? add a bend or add something to block line of sight somewhere. Do the nords trickle in single file or do they come in en masse? its the circumstances on how these maps are being beaten that decide if a map gets looked at for change at all.

"I guess the other map question would be on the lines of kiting being... Do you support it at its current state as the dev team has had no clear answer over the years. Some map changes over the years have literally blocked off kiting." 
NI was/is intended to be a team game and kiting was a player creation. Some maps allow for kiting while others dont but its really not something myself and other mappers have focused on whether or not a person can kite on the map but more given the current state of the game how powerful ranged will be on the map (unfortunately)
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
I don't have much to say on most of them given It was what I expected or just well answered my question.

(26-09-2020, 05:50 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: "Whats stopping you from pushing more updates?" 
Kip's avaliable time to work on NI and push out updates is very limited as he is running his own buisness as well as general life stuff to take care of as do the rest of us. Taking that into account, he also has to check every piece of work from maps, code, models etc individually, give them the okay, compile them and push them out which takes alot of time, time he doesnt nor the rest of us, have anymore for NI1 and we want to look forward with what we want to/can do for NI2 should the modding tools allow us to do so

Has Kip considered letting someone else take over/well help more?

This Is coming from a place where I've been In multiple events where I have asked for an item stats change and It happened before the event even ended. Item usability and hero stats don't even need a new update In the sense of a new download. 

Would It be feasible to push a small update like that? 

(26-09-2020, 05:50 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: "I guess the other map question would be on the lines of kiting being... Do you support it at its current state as the dev team has had no clear answer over the years. Some map changes over the years have literally blocked off kiting." 
NI was/is intended to be a team game and kiting was a player creation. Some maps allow for kiting while others dont but its really not something myself and other mappers have focused on whether or not a person can kite on the map but more given the current state of the game how powerful ranged will be on the map (unfortunately)

What classifies It to be a team game? Like you can kite with mutable people so is that considered a team game or what you mean by team game is more than 10 people? We are both from Australia here so you tell me do you think the dev team should support smaller team play such as this given a lot of the time Ni just doesn't have the people to run a full 16/16 server.

Like even you answered my 1st question by saying you don't want NI to be "...hiding in a corner and mindlessly killing braindead bots over and over again..."

This is effectively kiting with bigger teams or you want to do something like my idea here. https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=74666

The biggest mistake undoubtedly was giving an Australian a forum account on the 07/08/2013.
Loots: 18
(26-09-2020, 07:39 AM)Fendi Wrote: The biggest mistake undoubtedly was giving an Australian a forum account on the 07/08/2013.

Nice slander!

Do you have any questions for the devs that show you are above the mental age of a 12 year old?

No I don't.

Edit: Also, slander implies what I am saying is untrue.
(26-09-2020, 07:55 AM)Fendi Wrote: Edit: Also, slander implies what I am saying is untrue.

Its slander If you can't give any evidence for why... 

Show me the evidence... I'm waiting...

The evidence is if you look at your recent posts in the suggestions board.
(26-09-2020, 08:05 AM)Fendi Wrote: The evidence is if you look at your recent posts in the suggestions board.

This is a strawman as this amounts to nothing.

Try again.

Not really a strawman though is it, because it is in-fact contributing to proving that many of the posts you make are useless, thus showing that giving you a forum account was either; the biggest regret, or an effort to increase the shit-posting on the forum.

Even the web development team think it, with the tag "Low Quality Posting Freak", even jokes need a certain amount of truth in them to be funny.