Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Dev Q&A
(27-09-2020, 06:11 AM)Woody Wrote: I can understand you have an art style you want to keep to but shouldn't the enjoyment of the player valued more than your subjective view on a model?
Everything is subjective. What makes a good map, what makes a good model, does X helmet look good with X armour. You claim some people didnt/dont like new noble steel and I know some people didnt like old noble and like new noble. Developers will never please everyone no matter what they do and thats all there kinda is to it.
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
(27-09-2020, 06:32 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote:
(27-09-2020, 06:11 AM)Woody Wrote: I can understand you have an art style you want to keep to but shouldn't the enjoyment of the player valued more than your subjective view on a model?
Everything is subjective. What makes a good map, what makes a good model, does X helmet look good with X armour. You claim some people didnt/dont like new noble steel and I know some people didnt like old noble and like new noble. Developers will never please everyone no matter what they do and thats all there kinda is to it.

What I'm arguing is no player has quit because of a "bad model" but players such as myself have gone afg ingame from a lack of content. 

A bad model doesn't hurt anyone but having no model at all does.

It also can be said... No not everything Is subjective...

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
The old best in slot warden gear was spicy - Leviathans Guard, Typhoon and Zephyr, all of their old models > than the new imo
Loots: 18
(27-09-2020, 07:55 AM)Fendi Wrote: The old best in slot warden gear was spicy - Leviathans Guard, Typhoon and Zephyr, all of their old models > than the new imo

Would say I liked the old Leviathans Guard more. Typhoons texture was meh but the model was cooler and Zephyr just looked like a craftable.

Even saying that I would like to see them Ingame. As an example. 

Leviathans Guard ~ Warden Locked armour or Senti + Sentry
Typhoon ~ Ranger bow
Zephyr ~ All heroes like black arrows

The life of the dev is like this.... Making something new that you think the community will like, but they dont, which means some like it some dont, you can't please everyone! Smile
Loot:
Byrllysg - 10.02.2020
Sun Glaive - 11.5.2021 
(28-09-2020, 05:58 PM)Extaziii Wrote: The life of the dev is like this.... Making something new that you think the community will like, but they dont, which means some like it some dont, you can't please everyone! Smile

Better interaction and beta testing would avoid this problem all together more to Woodys point. (I'm not entirely sure what the current procedure is in regards to testing admittedly)

People don't have to like everything but fundamental game changes and updates need to be to the benefit of the majority of players, not to their detriment, not at least without a good explanation as to why.
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
(28-09-2020, 07:47 PM)Ramos_Caoliki Wrote:
(28-09-2020, 05:58 PM)Extaziii Wrote: The life of the dev is like this.... Making something new that you think the community will like, but they dont, which means some like it some dont, you can't please everyone! Smile

Better interaction and beta testing would avoid this problem all together more to Woodys point. (I'm not entirely sure what the current procedure is in regards to testing admittedly)

People don't have to like everything but fundamental game changes and updates need to be to the benefit of the majority of players, not to their detriment, not at least without a good explanation as to why.

This is correct. We have previously been bad at communicating large changes beforehand, and we only did beta testing with internal teams, such as admins or close friends. This often produced moderate success, but the beta testing was most often short-lived and didn't go long enough to be able to see the problems some changes had. Longer-form beta testing and keeping everybody informed of all of our changes before they happen would help refine a lot of the rough edges some changes seem to ship with. We are definitely keeping this in mind for the future.

And, to be honest, back when I replaced the Typhoon, Zephyr and Tempest, I was doing my best. My best just wasn't very good, lol. Back then, I was using paint.net to texture things, and texture / material can really make or break a model. I've since moved on to Substance Painter completely, and Photoshop for everything else.

My art style also changed many times over the years, as I became more familiar with the programs I was using. This can pretty easily be seen in the way I modeled certain things, like the new mace Byrllysg (2019 early?) vs. the Harbinger model (2018 early?). There's a year gap between those two. These days, I have been moving back to modeling more realistic models.

Here are the Tempest, Typhoon and Zephyr that I created ~10 months ago(? it's been a long time). They were the last thing I textured in paint.net, and when I was still modeling fantasy-ish things. I believe the design philosophy between Typhoon and Tempest was to accentuate their size difference to match their stats, and to incorporate some fine details to make them feel more legendary. Take a look:

Typhoon
Tempest
Zephyr
Size difference between Typhoon and Tempest
Stuff I model these days (past 3 months):
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Would be great to see some updates come in, but what's the point of wasting energy making new stuff for a mod that will be closed soon.
My Steam: Link
My Shop: Link
My Loots: 36
(29-09-2020, 06:01 PM)Never Wrote: Would be great to see some updates come in, but what's the point of wasting energy making new stuff for a mod that will be closed soon.

The theoretical ending of Ni is when people stop paying for servers.

Ni has probably a year or more left at this point.

Is that a 2h or 1h as it's hard to tell. Don't need to say what it is if you don't want to.

(29-09-2020, 06:26 PM)Woody Wrote:
(29-09-2020, 06:01 PM)Never Wrote: Would be great to see some updates come in, but what's the point of wasting energy making new stuff for a mod that will be closed soon.

The theoretical ending of Ni is when people stop paying for servers.

Ni has probably a year or more left at this point.

Is that a 2h or 1h as it's hard to tell. Don't need to say what it is if you don't want to.

They aren't for NI, just personal projects.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off