Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bannerlord Mod Tools Are Available!
I highly doubt we'll implement all features of NI 1 into NI 2. There are things that we would like to avoid and new features that we would to implement (all of the features to avoid and new ones might be disclosed at a later date). I think that an alpha version will be ready within 2 months, considering daily development is done. A beta would probably look at half a year of development. Where as a full release will follow shortly after.
(02-10-2020, 03:27 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: I highly doubt we'll implement all features of NI 1 into NI 2. There are things that we would like to avoid and new features that we would to implement (all of the features to avoid and new ones might be disclosed at a later date). I think that an alpha version will be ready within 2 months, considering daily development is done. A beta would probably look at half a year of development. Where as a full release will follow shortly after.

Understandable +  Nice.

Makes me question why it has been 400+ days since the last download update then. 

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(02-10-2020, 03:29 PM)Woody Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 03:27 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: I highly doubt we'll implement all features of NI 1 into NI 2. There are things that we would like to avoid and new features that we would to implement (all of the features to avoid and new ones might be disclosed at a later date). I think that an alpha version will be ready within 2 months, considering daily development is done. A beta would probably look at half a year of development. Where as a full release will follow shortly after.

Understandable +  Nice.

Makes me question why it has been 400+ days since the last download update then. 

A lot of developers, me included, have considered NI has reached it's end of live. We came to a point where Bannerlord was upon us, which really demotivated me to continue working on this mod. Other than that, the staff structure of NI isn't really the best as well, but I don't want to go any deeper on that.

IMO NI should be shutdown with the arrival of NI2 to cut on resources and costs.
(02-10-2020, 04:13 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

Understandable +  Nice.

A lot of developers, me included, have considered NI has reached it's end of live. We came to a point where Bannerlord was upon us, which really demotivated me to continue working on this mod. Other than that, the staff structure of NI isn't really the best as well, but I don't want to go any deeper on that.

IMO NI should be shutdown with the arrival of NI2 to cut on resources and costs.

Normally you put down animals humanely If you care about them. If this was your position you could of either do a final update and say this Is It or just say "Sorry this Is It for updates as we don't plan to work on Ni any longer".  

Why do I need to explain basic ethics let alone point out It doesn't take much to say why you have chosen not to continue working on the project to the community.

well we could recreate the maps of NI1 into NI2, at least the best ones
(02-10-2020, 04:51 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: well we could recreate the maps of NI1 into NI2, at least the best ones

Dust 2 Is better than Dust 1.

Looking forward to version 2 of maps.

Did you just compare Nord Invasion to a terminally ill cat?
Loots: 18
(02-10-2020, 05:21 PM)Fendi Wrote: Did you just compare Nord Invasion to a terminally ill cat?

For clarification if you're actually not joking or if anyone else doesn't know the importance of of this name.

https://youtu.be/OrwTOhfVYWE

Understandable +  Nice.

By the sounds of things the dev team just need a clearly defined structure of responsibility and role. Obviously NI is a passion project but that's not an excuse for disorganisation, again you've performed more community interaction in the last week than some devs have in years.
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
(02-10-2020, 04:43 PM)Woody Wrote:

Understandable +  Nice.

Normally you put down animals humanely If you care about them. If this was your position you could of either do a final update and say this Is It or just say "Sorry this Is It for updates as we don't plan to work on Ni any longer".  

Why do I need to explain basic ethics let alone point out It doesn't take much to say why you have chosen not to continue working on the project to the community.

Normally you would only "put down an animal" if it was suffering. NordInvasion might be slowly dying, but it is for sure not suffering. The players are still supplied with updates (the monthly awakened legendaries, webstuff now and then), so stating that development has been abandoned would give a wrong signal. Therefore doing either of your "basic ethics" examples would be completely wrong in my eyes. I might have discontinued development in NI, that doesn't mean others have as well.