Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you support this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.48%
11 35.48%
No
38.71%
12 38.71%
Whatever
25.81%
8 25.81%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More predictable legendary upgrades schedule
'I wish it was organized to be more apparent and accessible to all'. - I think it's same what I said. And many people here share this opinion.
'Why don't you think current system could be improved? In a way I proposed or another.'

Adding any change in a way that shortens the amount of time for cooldown is more detrimental to the game in the long term, than you (the player not you specifically.) being able to upgrade on a 'predictable cycle'. If this update was to figuratively be added say tomorrow, in 6 months time the game would literally be all in complete beginner mode as the difference between a vanilla legendary vs a upgraded one is night and day even if it doesn't seem like much a team with say an Ailadrodd and 16 crossbowmen vs a team with an Raging Ailadrodd and 16 crossbowmen on the same map you're probably looking at a 20+% time in run completions. (faster) IMO if any changes were to be made to the current system, it should genuinely just be done with a random name generator where the previous months upgrades are left out but all others are upgraded. Maybe the amount available per month could be increased by 2-4 but alas I still fear the original concern I mentioned in this specific reply may take 12 months instead of 6. (This will also mean it could put say an Ailadrodd on in December, after just being on in October, and then again in February. Or it could be 12 months before it comes back.) If this Idea was to be implemented, then to stop items becoming too rare if after 12 months an item has not been rolled, then on the 13th month it will be there by default but the standard amount will apply. So if we take this month into consideration, there are 11 weapons upgradable and 6 Defender items, if these amounts are consistent amounts each month, on that 13th month there may be 12 + attacker and 6+ defender. (If say Ailadrodd has not been available for 12 months and same for Pride, Tiger Scale Armour and Defender Helmet for example then all will be added on the 13th month on top of the 11 + 6 standard ones.) 

Call me an elitist all you want but I don't think changing a system that has been in place for a long time just to cater for people who are casual, or in this case lazy is in anyway beneficial too the mod. If it were up to me personally I'd remove the predictability completely and just add the random name generator idea. But it's not, I also am aware a lot of people would disagree with that but meh.

I'm sure if you asked nicely but the people who are actually paying attention to what has been and collected their data to predict what is upcoming might even share the information you need on when they think item X or item Y will be upgradeable.  I mean they usually can predict it within 1-2 months if they don't get it for say November, chances are said item will be in December. And if they are incredibly unlucky January. (Almost all of this months upgrades were predicted accurately with the data collected by an individual.)

I think what everyone who has replied here is trying to tell you, is if you put the effort in, make the spreadsheets collect data (ask when X and Y were last upgradeable) and put it all in you can eventually formulate almost to the exact month (1-3 Month accuracy I'd say at worst probably.) when an item(s) you are after become upgradable to be able to prepare for that.

Also, for clarification the reason I said 18 months in my original post, was to allow the casual players to collect that expensive kit for say a Legacy. This also at the time makes upgraded items that are incredibly overpowered rarer, and more sought after both for people to bring into runs, but also for those like me who are collectors, if there is 5 Legacy, or 10 Volcanic in the game, I genuinely wish that there was only 1 of each upgraded for both sides of in game ease, and trader/collector specific arguments.
Loots - 8
The cycle is indeed predictable but only to a certain extent. Back in February when I was finally mats and gold wise capable of considering upgrading something which was my Tempest, first thing I did in preparation was get hold of as many previous lists of upgradeables as I could, trying to make out what items were likely to come up in March. I then noticed how the majority of items tend to come back to the cycle in a matter of 7 months on average, and, being told that Tempest had then been absent since April 2019, there seemed to be every reason for it to finally come back. But sadly it did not, which led me to the hasty decision to buy a raged one overpaying. By the time Tempest eventually staged its comeback in May, it'd been a 13-month absence way passing what was predicted. That said, that interval of 7 months that I worked out is still for the most part accurate, and dead shot showed up in July exactly as I expected, with rending bolts arriving in October only a month late. It's just that sometimes the one item you're planning to upgrade happens to be the only one not there. And that to some like me might be a frustrating time wavering between buying it at all costs (depends on how bad you want it then and there) and staying patient for yet another month.

Above is some of my limited NI experience in the past year regarding the topic.
Take it from someone that's afg ingame just for the fact I asked myself this at the start of the year... If I was given any item ingame for free right now would It even make me happy? No.

The basic goal of Ni Is to get better gear... Right now you have players that are at the top of the wealth ladder practically bored because they have nothing to do...

The time integer between each upgrade round controls how quickly normal items are turned into upgrades. Nothing is inherently wrong with making It take longer than atm but the same can be said making it shorter. 

Nothing changes given item values will just move accordingly.

I don't care enough to say much more on this topic given I have made my ideas on it already clear.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(21-11-2020, 07:06 AM)Woody Wrote: The time integer between each upgrade round controls how quickly normal items are turned into upgrades.

I hope the time integer isn't long, that could mean 4 billion months.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
@Forward: you’re welcome
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Closed. What could be more predictable then no schedule at all.