Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you support this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.48%
11 35.48%
No
38.71%
12 38.71%
Whatever
25.81%
8 25.81%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More predictable legendary upgrades schedule
I would not put you in the casual player category. I also view it as a matter of aptitude and not of play time to observe or figure out rough patterns. And again, I expect more out of you than most others in the mod such as, let's say, Goody, Lucia, or Aaron. Furthermore, you asked, thus I answered. It also seems to be something others have observed and figured out as well. My general view on this is that people would be better served in thinking critically instead of having a thought process like "Greetings gangster, I cannot observe any discernable pattern, therefore none exists. Now I must play percussion instruments and propel weapons with long shafts and pointed tips."

Nonetheless, all of this only affects the title of your request. Perhaps this thread should just be renamed to "Align upgrade schedule with class usability"
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(20-11-2020, 03:10 PM)Malong Wrote: I would not put you in the casual player category. I also view it as a matter of aptitude and not of play time to observe or figure out rough patterns. And again, I expect more out of you than most others in the mod such as, let's say, Goody, Lucia, or Aaron. Furthermore, you asked, thus I answered. It also seems to be something others have observed and figured out as well. My general view on this is that people would be better served in thinking critically instead of having a thought process like "Greetings gangster, I cannot observe any discernable pattern, therefore none exists. Now I must play percussion instruments and propel weapons with long shafts and pointed tips."

Nonetheless, all of this only affects the title of your request. Perhaps this thread should just be renamed to "Align upgrade schedule with class usability"

I'm very casual player nowadays and I'm trying to speak from such players perspective. So it's not about me or you, my point is that schedule should be accessible for every player of this mod. Making upgrades easily plannable and more accessible. Who even will try to decipher current patterns. I'm easy man -  I want to plan upgrades - I make a feature request.

It has nothing with class usability if they will strip upgrades by alphabet I will be fine with that too. I only want them to be easily predicatable without any research. Isn't that we all want?
(20-11-2020, 03:25 PM)Forward Wrote: I'm very casual player nowadays and I'm trying to speak from such players perspective. So it's not about me or you, my point is that schedule should be accessible for every player of this mod. Making upgrades easily plannable and more accessible. Who even will try to decipher current patterns. I'm easy man -  I want to plan upgrades - I make a feature request.

Were you a very casual player continuously throughout these past three years?

(20-11-2020, 03:25 PM)Forward Wrote: Who even will try to decipher current patterns.

I linked you that post and you can derive that people have been capable of planning for upgrades for at least about a year. You are generalizing and projecting your lack of observational skills onto everyone. You're making excuses not to figure things out like Goody, Lucia, or Aaron would. I even spoonfed you how to predict it, and you still go on with "Greetings gangster, I do not require the information and I refuse to learn from it. Instead I will focus on lifetime records of field goals beyond the arc which reward an extra point." Perhaps I was wrong in expecting more of you.

From a macro product management standpoint, what value does this feature deliver if your original argument of the upgrades being random was a complete false premise?

(20-11-2020, 03:25 PM)Forward Wrote: It has nothing with class usability if they will strip upgrades by alphabet I will be fine with that too. I only want them to be easily predicatable without any research. Isn't that we all want?

Yes, your request has nothing to do with class usability:

I'm trying to help you here, but you're not giving me much to work with.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(20-11-2020, 03:46 PM)Malong Wrote:
(20-11-2020, 03:25 PM)Forward Wrote: I'm very casual player nowadays and I'm trying to speak from such players perspective. So it's not about me or you, my point is that schedule should be accessible for every player of this mod. Making upgrades easily plannable and more accessible. Who even will try to decipher current patterns. I'm easy man -  I want to plan upgrades - I make a feature request.

Were you a very casual player continuously throughout these past three years?

(20-11-2020, 03:25 PM)Forward Wrote: Who even will try to decipher current patterns.

I linked you that post and you can derive that people have been capable of planning for upgrades for at least about a year. You are generalizing and projecting your lack of observational skills onto everyone. You're making excuses not to figure things out like Goody, Lucia, or Aaron would. I even spoonfed you how to predict it, and you still go on with "Greetings gangster, I do not require the information and I refuse to learn from it. Instead I will focus on lifetime records of field goals beyond the arc which reward an extra point." Perhaps I was wrong in expecting more of you.

From a macro product management standpoint, what value does this feature deliver if your original argument of the upgrades being random was a complete false premise?

(20-11-2020, 03:25 PM)Forward Wrote: It has nothing with class usability if they will strip upgrades by alphabet I will be fine with that too. I only want them to be easily predicatable without any research. Isn't that we all want?

Yes, your request has nothing to do with class usability:

I'm trying to help you here, but you're not giving me much to work with.

Whole point of this request was to start a discussion about making schedule more/easily predictable. Doing this by class is only example how that might be done. All you said here is irrelevant to the topic. Instead I'd like to hear:
- Do you like current scheme?
- Do you see any issues in it?
- If not how would you change it to fix these issues?
Instead you try to discuss here how much casual player I am and trying to find 'false premises' where it's completely irrelevant to what I want to discuss.
(20-11-2020, 04:22 PM)Forward Wrote: Whole point of this request was to start a discussion about making schedule predictable.

It is predictable (and not just by me). Boom! Done!

(20-11-2020, 04:22 PM)Forward Wrote: Doing this by class is only example how that might be done. All you said here is irrelevant to the topic.

You may as well have typed: "Greetings gangster, I am unable to see the connection, so I will deem it as irrelevant. Now I will practice my dribbling maneuvers to switch the ball between hands quickly and navigate around defenders."

(20-11-2020, 04:22 PM)Forward Wrote: Instead I'd like to hear:
- Do you like current scheme?
- Do you see any issues in it?
- If not how would you change it to fix these issues?

- I am indifferent. I voted "Whatever."
- Yes; that it's needless. You must have taken part of Sprint ceremonies (particularly Grooming), right? To reiterate: "what value does this feature deliver if your original argument of the upgrades being random was a complete false premise?"
- I am not the Product Owner, but I would reject the feature request.

(20-11-2020, 04:22 PM)Forward Wrote: Instead you try to discuss here how much casual player I am and trying to find 'false premises' where it's completely irrelevant to what I want to discuss.

That was to establish that figuring out the cycles is agnostic of how experienced players are. Playing more doesn't mean you'll figure out the cycles. And it's not "trying to find," it's found:

The basis of your feature request is "The upgrade cycles are random, therefore there should be change."
Somebody else replies "It[']s predictable." This post gets ignored for some reason.
I reply "It is not really random, here's my analysis. Can we agree that you have a false premise for requesting that change and there is no reason for any change?"
You reply "Greetings gangster, I should not have to think and observe cycles. I declare that it's still random."
I reply "Then we are at an impasse, and your refusal to think logically is disheartening, but probably aligns with the median NI player."

Request was not making that 'predictable', but 'more' predictable. It stated in headline.

Asking a player to think and observe cycles is not what you should expect from him.

If you like how it's now what do we even discuss.
(20-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Forward Wrote: Request was not making that 'predictable', but 'more' predictable. It stated in headline.

What's "more predictable" than "predictable?" Mega predictable? Super Duper Magical Christmasland predictable?

(20-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Forward Wrote: Asking a player to think and observe cycles is not what you should expect from him.

You again reply "Greetings gangster, I should not have to think and observe cycles." And add "Instead, I will observe this song's bassline and its synergy with the percussion and spoken word rhyming vocals. I also enjoy the lyrical content which includes promiscuous full figured women, the community distaste for government authority figures, and my affinity for illegal drugs."

(20-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Forward Wrote: If you like how it's now what do we even discuss.

False premise again. To reiterate: "I am indifferent. I voted 'Whatever.'"

Quote:Request was not making that 'predictable', but 'more' predictable. It stated in headline.

Quote:As far as I know, right now it's random.

You disagree with yourself within the same post then.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
(20-11-2020, 05:56 PM)Malong Wrote:
(20-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Forward Wrote: Request was not making that 'predictable', but 'more' predictable. It stated in headline.

What's "more predictable" than "predictable?" Mega predictable? Super Duper Magical Christmasland predictable?

(20-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Forward Wrote: Asking a player to think and observe cycles is not what you should expect from him.

You again reply "Greetings gangster, I should not have to think and observe cycles." And add "Instead, I will observe this song's bassline and its synergy with the percussion and spoken word rhyming vocals. I also enjoy the lyrical content which includes promiscuous full figured women, the community distaste for government authority figures, and my affinity for illegal drugs."

(20-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Forward Wrote: If you like how it's now what do we even discuss.

False premise again. To reiterate: "I am indifferent. I voted 'Whatever.'"

Why your ordinary player should 'think and observe cycles' or know anything about Agile? From my point of view the game should be accessible for everyone and everyone should be able easily get top-level gear in manageable amount of time without any observations, cycle calculations and brain cells usage.

And how you are indifferent if you spend more time posting here then anyone else.

(20-11-2020, 06:12 PM)Julia. Wrote:
Quote:Request was not making that 'predictable', but 'more' predictable. It stated in headline.

Quote:As far as I know, right now it's random.

You disagree with yourself within the same post then.

Different post times. I thought it's random but you and PCK have opened my eyes later.

Why don't you think current system could be improved? In a way I proposed or another.
(20-11-2020, 06:18 PM)Forward Wrote: Why your ordinary player should 'think and observe cycles'

They don't have to. You replied "Enligthen [sic] me." Did I reply "figure it out, you monkey" or anything of the sort? No, I gave you the exact post to illustrate this.

(20-11-2020, 06:18 PM)Forward Wrote: or know anything about Agile?

That wasn't directed at the ordinary player; that was directed at you. Now that I know you know Agile, we should all hold your feature requests to higher standards.

(20-11-2020, 06:18 PM)Forward Wrote: From my point of view the game should be accessible for everyone and everyone should be able easily get top-level gear in manageable amount of time without any observations, cycle calculations and brain cells usage.

That's a very entitled viewpoint...

(20-11-2020, 06:18 PM)Forward Wrote: And how you are indifferent if you spend more time posting here then anyone else.

You vastly underestimate my thinking and typing speeds. Regardless, I'm indifferent to the feature. But I'm not going to just sweep "Greeting gangster, this is random because I am incapable of secondary school level analysis" away. Encouraging players to continue to be oblivious and discouraging critical thinking are incredibly bad.

You know, you could have just replied "I guess there are rough patterns that I didn't see before. Either way, I wish it was organized to be more apparent and accessible to all." And this could have all ended. Instead, you have to argue that players shouldn't have to think and worse, imply there's nothing to learn or worth learning.

But I'll just leave you with this:

[1:04 PM]
Kaasovic:
I like how he thinks he's better than Woody, but they kinda are falling into the same category now

Great fucking job!