Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you support this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.48%
11 35.48%
No
38.71%
12 38.71%
Whatever
25.81%
8 25.81%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More predictable legendary upgrades schedule
As far as I know, right now it's random.

I propose to change it to:
1 month - all infantry items,
1 month - all archer items,
1 month - all pikemen items,
1 month - all crossbowmen items.

Multiclass items like torch can be upgraded all-time, not many such items anyway.

This change would make planning upgradess easier, and no more tilt after your item not in upgrade list for a year. There is no reasons why not. At least I don't see any disadvantages.
Its predictable.

If you don't see it, then eh... sorry.
[Image: w6ZxTrO.png] Total: Loots: 56 & Upgrades: 30
  • 2018: _1 | __
  • 2019: 15 | 10
  • 2020: 17 | 13
  • 2021: 15 | _4
  • 2022: _8 | _3

‌‌ ‌‌Julia's little Armory | Steam
No, just no, I was trying to think of something I could say but this has to be one of the worst things that could happen to upgrades. If anything the time between items should in all honesty (even though I too get salty about it.) should be once every 18 months to keep the 'upgraded' ones rarer than the un upgraded ones. Otherwise there is not actual value to the items other than the actual upgrade kit costs.

Having something like Raging volcs is a hugely esteemed item... if we made it so after 4 months they could be upgraded, and then again after 4 then everyone who had volcs would have upgraded ones... So no, just no, no no no no no no no.
Loots - 8
Did you at least craft the Gold Lamellar Armour to even think of upgrading your TSA or if you are "too lazy" to craft that one, why would you think of crafting upgrades in that case?
My Steam: Link
My Shop: Link
My Loots: 36
Time Wasted: 5.200 Hours
(18-11-2020, 05:17 PM)Jugg Wrote: No, just no, I was trying to think of something I could say but this has to be one of the worst things that could happen to upgrades. If anything the time between items should in all honesty (even though I too get salty about it.) should be once every 18 months to keep the 'upgraded' ones rarer than the  un upgraded ones. Otherwise there is not actual value to the items other than the actual upgrade kit costs.

Having something like Raging volcs is a hugely esteemed item... if we made it so after 4 months they could be upgraded, and then again after 4 then everyone who had volcs would have upgraded ones... So no, just no, no no no no no no no.

What's point of such elitist approach in last days of the mod? (figurally) Value of anything going to be zero in couple of years.
I have upgraded volcs, but I'm not against anyone else could have them. Not much fun to play without them.
18 months... just nonsense. NI might be dead (even more then now) in 18 months.
'Just nonsense.' So is this thread.
Loots - 8
(18-11-2020, 04:59 PM)Forward Wrote: As far as I know, right now it's random.

Not really.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(19-11-2020, 07:09 PM)Malong Wrote:
(18-11-2020, 04:59 PM)Forward Wrote: As far as I know, right now it's random.

Not really.

Enligthen me.
Here. And aren't you a Software Developer per this post? How did you not figure out this pattern after nearly three years?

EDIT: that may seem harsh, but we've interacted for about two years now, and I've known you to be generally reasonable when it comes to logic and problem solving. That, combined with your occupation, means I expect more from you than most others in this community.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(19-11-2020, 11:13 PM)Malong Wrote: Here. And aren't you a Software Developer per this post? How did you not figure out this pattern after nearly three years?

EDIT: that may seem harsh, but we've interacted for about two years now, and I've known you to be generally reasonable when it comes to logic and problem solving. That, combined with your occupation, means I expect more from you than most others in this community.

I didn't spend a lot of time on this proposition honestly. I just threw it away just in case people will discuss this topic, because many people disagree with current system too. And I can see people who will disagree with an idea to have all upgrades available all-time. So maybe should be some compromise. Not what I proposed, but something similiar.
What for the thread in your link, I didn't read it, by it's name it's unrelated to upgrades and it's your conversations with Woody which I usually scroll over. But it only proves that many people disagree how current upgrade cycle works. And how many people want it to be more predicable.

P.S. Again, you will tell me it's 'predicable' already, but it would be predictable if we will have it posted and explained for everyone like me who want just to play the game casually and not solve riddles.