Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Maroon's Modeling Corner [Cleaver of sorts 28/6]
Hm, they are rather big, aren't they? Tongue
Anyway, got that quiver thingie with openBRF sorted, so here's some in game screenies!

As you can see, the quiver is slightly off centre when it's on the hip, so I'll see how I can fix that. Maybe also reduce the overall size of the arrows and quiver a bit.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
They look really good, the tri cornered Arrowheads are a nice touch. ^^
[Image: XopLSww.jpg]
TK_Argos - Level 52 Royal Guard
TK_Hoplitai - Level 52 Master Peltast
TK_Acteon - Level 52 Sentinel
Personal Opinion:

The penetration is nice but I dont like it for the game. It is different from all other arrows and would also appear to pentrate sheilds too. Additionally, I think you have a very European style quiver which should be across your shoulder and back, not your hip. Otherwise I'm liking the arrow heads and the colours. I'll be interested to see how this pans out.
Slowly being bled dry by NI... Please help me and donate!
(09-12-2013, 08:42 PM)Naozumi link Wrote:Personal Opinion:

The penetration is nice but I dont like it for the game. It is different from all other arrows and would also appear to pentrate sheilds too. Additionally, I think you have a very European style quiver which should be across your shoulder and back, not your hip. Otherwise I'm liking the arrow heads and the colours. I'll be interested to see how this pans out.

Thanks for the feedback. Haven't really based the model of the quiver on anything, just made what I thought looked nice. Tongue
Unless the other devs also feel the penetration isn't for this game, I'll leave it on, since I very much like it, and I made these arrows to be somehat unique, and not just in how they look, because I was requested to make a model that would suit or legendary arrows, and those should be unique imo. Also, I have no idea how I'd fix the quiver to the shoulder instead of the hip, so if you'd like me to change that, I could use a hand in doing so. ;D

P.S. for those interested in seeing them in game (like me Big Grin), I have changed the model for the Bronze Arrows to this one in my client, so all Bronze Arrows used in game now look for me like Black Arrows.
If you want to know how to do that, shoot me a PM, and I'll explain it to ya.

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
With Morgh's editior for example you can change the position of the quiver (client side)
[Image: 87055780f4.png]
Just change the carry_ flag in Capabilities
Oh, that helps. xD
I use that editor a lot, didn't think of looking there. Thanks!
I'll get some screenies with how that looks.

It has to be on the hip for animations to match :p.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Those black arrows look terrifying very nice job ;D
Tier 4 Commando Tier 4 Crossbowman Tier 3 Archer
Teutonic Knights Forever

Kills
Prince 2x
Very nicely done !
Wusel @ Omnia
Well, after Legend's pushing, and my internet conveniently dropping dead right after that (coincidence? I think not!), I have done a bit more work on the Black Arrows!
Considering we all have to move on with time, I have uploaded the quiver with arrows, and a single arrow on its own to p3d, that beautiful site that lets you see 3D models.
Linkies: quiver and arrow.
As suggested above, I have moved the quiver from the back to the hip, so to match the current animation. On a side-note, the standard arrows are still carried on the back. Is this on purpose?
Here's also some in-game screenies for those of you interested:
For those of you curious on the size of the arrows, which seem to be (in my eyes at least), pretty darn huge, here's a comparison between a Black Arrow and a War Arrow, demonstrated on a lovely Charger:
I hope you guys like it, I certainly do!