Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Valuing Legendaries
I think greedy players try to set a price on legendaries just to try to obtain more , but yeah, I've seen a lot of people "downgrading" their legendary list because they preferred a different one. Hurricane to Fiendish for the speed instead of dmg, dragon breaths instead of twigs, etc..

People will pay what they are willing to pay for an item. So when people say an EK is worth 40m, I think it's retarded. I could trade my EK for a fearsome or a donator torch if I wanted to.
(09-05-2013, 03:23 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: I think greedy players try to set a price on legendaries just to try to obtain more , but yeah, I've seen a lot of people "downgrading" their legendary list because they preferred a different one. Hurricane to Fiendish for the speed instead of dmg, dragon breaths instead of twigs, etc..

People will pay what they are willing to pay for an item. So when people say an EK is worth 40m, I think it's retarded. I could trade my EK for a fearsome or a donator torch if I wanted to.

Of course it is not pitch perfect, but it gives you a good indication looking at previous trades. If a graph were to be made of the values of trades it would probably show that a legendary is about the same price for a while, with a few small peaks and valleys and then gradually goes up or down in price. In the end people base their opinion on the stats and scarcity of a legendary (and of the legendary in comparison to others and to craftable alternatives) and therefore someone trading their EK for a Fearsome would be rendered silly Tongue
Striker strikes again.

Yes, legendarys seem to have different chances of being dropped, thats also a factor sphinx. And some are simply better than others, which means that at some point you can value them, but only roughly.
I think the best method has already been stated. One must look at the market to determine price. You pit your own valuation of the product against the market value and utilize that to come to an acceptable compromise. Practical use is an important factor and that goes into how players trade.

I don't feel drop-rates influence how much people desire certain legendaries. It's more about demand than dropchance. There are tons of fiendish bows out there, yet they remain highly sought after, and thus, expensive.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
This thread needs a bit of an update since items like the dragon axe and sun pile have been buffed they're probably worth a lot more
ON_Fitz - Warden
ON_Fitz_II - Commando, 52
ON_Fitz_III - Pikeman, 47

This is the Internet man up or don't play - hypernoma

[Image: ce8a43a77726fcdb69c98079c7eef2c3.png]
As a disclaimer, this has just been an idea of mine, which is neither completely precised nor able to be used in "real" trades. It's just how I'm thinking about the value of stuff. So guys, please don't send poeple here to see how much a legendary is worth. They might beleive the stuff I wrote...  Tongue
(03-08-2013, 06:05 PM)Drunken Monkey link Wrote: They might beleive the stuff I wrote...  Tongue
Oh, please, no !  :o