Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Rollback Incoming
(30-01-2012, 08:02 PM)Emberburn link Wrote: [quote author=Conqueror_Worm link=topic=1192.msg10062#msg10062 date=1327953661]
Due to a major issue with prices in the database, that totally messed up the economy, we are rolling back to last nights backup.

This rollback will happen in 24-48 hours, so unless you just play for fun and don't care about progress, go outside or read a book.  Smile

Can't the rollback be done instantly? I mean, why does it take so long?
[/quote]

I think what the vast majority of people constantly forget is that this is a MOD done in peoples spare times. The entire dev team have full time jobs and lives outside which take priority over NordInvasion. Its part of the reality which you will all have to respect.

A mistake has been made, and we will rectify it, but for the meantime as CoWorm has mentioned, go outside, read a book, do something constructive! The mod will be back when we get a chance to go through the backup restoration process.
*Sigh*
(30-01-2012, 08:28 PM)Jez link Wrote: [quote author=Emberburn link=topic=1192.msg10064#msg10064 date=1327953767]
[quote author=Conqueror_Worm link=topic=1192.msg10062#msg10062 date=1327953661]
Due to a major issue with prices in the database, that totally messed up the economy, we are rolling back to last nights backup.

This rollback will happen in 24-48 hours, so unless you just play for fun and don't care about progress, go outside or read a book.  Smile

Can't the rollback be done instantly? I mean, why does it take so long?
[/quote]

I think what the vast majority of people constantly forget is that this is a MOD done in peoples spare times. The entire dev team have full time jobs and lives outside which take priority over NordInvasion. Its part of the reality which you will all have to respect.

A mistake has been made, and we will rectify it, but for the meantime as CoWorm has mentioned, go outside, read a book, do something constructive! The mod will be back when we get a chance to go through the backup restoration process.
[/quote]

Jez - I do respect that. I just thought that applying a backup was not that time consuming.
[Image: wbM3H.png]
Quote:Jez - I do respect that. I just thought that applying a backup was not that time consuming.

it wouldnt be for someone who doesnt work and sits infront of there pc all day working on it
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
Does this mean I'll be getting the Mail Hauberk back?

On a positive note, I'm glad you guys take the time to seriously revert the chaos which happened, what with players gaining 18 levels, armors for 200k, that kind of stuff. I'm still amazed by how interactive this mod is and I hope you guys can keep it up, there's been great progress so far IMO and from reading inbetween the grunts and grumbles I think most people agree.

(30-01-2012, 08:28 PM)Jez link Wrote: I think what the vast majority of people constantly forget is that this is a MOD done in peoples spare times. The entire dev team have...lives outside... which take priority

I guess being a hobo can be considered a full time job, sure Wink
Fuuu i just bought a grinder helmet Sad
10,000 gold or I quit Tongue
I just got a grinder helm I believe last night, 11PM Eastern (US) time, is this thing gonna be gone also?....  Its my first legendary drop (even though its a lame one.)
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
I take it all purchases and gear changes will be reset as well?
(30-01-2012, 08:42 PM)wizofcake link Wrote: I take it all purchases and gear changes will be reset as well?
most likely as there are (myself included) taht are now rolling in it and it needs sorting out as it is a game breaker
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder