Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Evildans Beginners Guide to Hard Mode/ Wanting to get ahead in the Game
Well done dan, it would be nicer if you format the text a bit (add paragraphes etc.) so it is maybe easier and more interesting to read.

| We’re part of a story, part of a tale, sometimes beautiful, sometimes insane. |
Nice guide.

We can't stress it enough , since the beginning of Hard Mode we've been doing it and there's no reason for it to change : Always save a ranger at the end. It's the weakest enemy so if for some reason you mess up your autoblock, it won't kill you in one shot. When people start saying 3 , 2 or last , Ranged players, STOP throwing and shooter. To avoid confusion and have 2 archers shoot 2 different targets simultaneously, we stop shooting and let the melee people go ahead and take one down. They'll coordinate with each other who to kill and who to keep.

Juggling items is NOT an important role, so if you intend to leech doing so, good luck explaining why you aren't helping the team. We've been juggling tome since we had some crafted and we never needed one guy doing only that. It was mostly ranged or slasher that would once in a while go rotate them. There are no such thing as a designated juggler.
China called, something about them wanting their wall back.

Looking good Wink
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(19-04-2013, 01:22 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:Juggling items is NOT an important role, so if you intend to leech doing so, good luck explaining why you aren't helping the team. We've been juggling tome since we had some crafted and we never needed one guy doing only that. It was mostly ranged or slasher that would once in a while go rotate them. There is no such thing as a designated juggler.

THIS

I hate how so many players insist on juggling every 5 seconds as though the items will despawn due to some dark magic

You only need to juggle 1 or 2 times per wave in hard mode (less in normal since the waves don't take as long)
VLKA_Tee - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Tea - Royal Guard
VLKA_TeeHee - Master Peltast
VLKA_Killboy - Warden
Juggling = leeching = angry.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
It's a sport.

[Image: 1282141486_10-ball-juggling.gif]
Striker strikes again.

Dan if you don't mind, I'd put this thread in Strategy and Sticky it instead of here.
(19-04-2013, 05:35 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:Dan if you don't mind, I'd put this thread in Strategy and Sticky it instead of here.

Ok sounds good move to strategy. Updated also.
Here are also a good piece of advice if you want to play good with your team in hardmode.  8)

Erf  Tongue Don't consider my last post, I must have been mistaken
Here is my real piece of advice for all harmode players.
  • Don't let the med kits on the grass... they may look nice, but it's better if you use them. When you see the healer is hit, don't wait for him to call heal and take the lead. Let tomes on the ground, crossbowmen and archers can juggle them while shooting.
  • Archers, you can pick up Nord Rangers'arrows to refill instantaneously ! No need to keep 2 quivers permanently. Melee weapon, bow and 1 quiver ; In your last slot you can carry something else e.g. medic kits, or let it free to transport/juggle items. If you choose the latter, remember to pick up any item before taking a ranger's quiver, otherwise you will just get a new quiver of bodkin arrows :p

• Watch the rest of the team ! They are friends, not contestants. Make sure you don't stand in front of ranged guys or lure enemies, the entire team can loose just because you were away from the shieldwall at the beginning of the wave.
  • Sharpshooters are almost as effective as commandos in both slashing and shielding, so you must be ready to replace a dead commando at any time. Archers can't do that without difficulty... but then can blow up barrels when the camping position is overwhelmed. Preferably hit them at melee so that other players can foresee your intention and don't blow up another barrel meanwhile. Pikemen must be able to attack quickly where they are needed, not only behind the shieldwall.

• Don't always expect good players to give you their gear... They are nice if they do so, but don't consider it a due. If you ask for, ask politely.