Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Modelling Contest I - Results are in!
It does not say that it will be included in any particular patch number. It would be included in the next patch after the event is concluded and the model is ready.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(24-04-2013, 10:58 AM)vovgre link Wrote: - A rigged body armour. - what's this?

In order to make a body armour move (E.g. Transitional), you have to 'rig' it to a skeleton.

Follow the guide I made, theres a link to a rigging guide at the bottom.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(24-04-2013, 12:08 PM)Senni link Wrote: [quote author=vovgre link=topic=12331.msg100808#msg100808 date=1366801089]
- A rigged body armour. - what's this?

In order to make a body armour move (E.g. Transitional), you have to 'rig' it to a skeleton.

Follow the guide I made, theres a link to a rigging guide at the bottom.
[/quote]

basically "easy" 2 points ^^
Clarrifying rule 3:

You are allowed to use known images for inspiration.

But your model must not have been released before.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
So for modelling, usually it's my agent who deal with that and send photoshots of my pretty face ... oh not that kind of modelling ?

If you need a judge , count me in Tongue
For Rigged Body armour, Can we send it in a .brf with the rigging attached?
Same with a vertex animated Bow?
Also does it need any texturing at all? And if so do you want a Normal Map & Specular Map?
Odin x1
Gunnar The Invincible x1
Prince x5
Nord Siege Commander x2
Nord Commander x4
(23-04-2013, 06:49 PM)Senni link Wrote: *snip*
Textures will need to be .dds files DXT 1 with mipmaps. Create the textures in your program of choice, commonly Photoshop and GIMP, then save as .dds with DXT 1 compression and mipmaps.

Submission must include the .brf file, textures (textures must be seperate .dds files) and a screenshot from ingame

It's actually in the thread itself.
(12-07-2013, 06:07 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Search function makes my life so much easier.
Normal and spec are optional, but they would improve the quality of your model (and aren't hard to do).

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Oh and remember, please don't go stupid crazy with the polys!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(25-04-2013, 01:32 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: Oh and remember, please don't go stupid crazy with the polys!

A friend of mine who's new to modelling showed me a screenshot of his first shield, and there were over 50k, It was nearly completely black because there was so many vertices. xD
Odin x1
Gunnar The Invincible x1
Prince x5
Nord Siege Commander x2
Nord Commander x4