Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Best Class for Soloing Hardmode?
I was kiting the other day w/ a bolt tosser and onyx bolts. I died many times but it was possible if you were teaming up w/ another player you'll just be at a disadvantage due to your movement speed
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
(02-05-2013, 12:35 PM)Alagar link Wrote: [quote author=Yvain link=topic=12637.msg103354#msg103354 date=1367493861]
In hardmode, Snipers still do better job than Pikemen, provided they can headshot enemies.

Considering that, "annoying" waves are : possibly 3th and 5th (Spawn of Loki), 4th (Champion huscarls), these bots have a too high shield skill. If you have a barrel you can simply use it for 4th wave and go further.  Wink
Pikemen get an advantage due to their speed, kiting einerjars or followers can be easier. Their accuracy may be a drawnback against Valkyries, Tricksters and Jotnes. But if you don't intend to go so far, I'm willing to say that kiting the first few waves in hardmode with a Pikeman is slightly easier than with a Sniper.

Also remember that Jarids are a very cheap option.
After all, you should choose the class you like the most !
For whatever reason, I cannot seem to shoot anyone in the head who has a shield, unless they are within swinging range...I'll probably go with pikeman if someone doesn't post something earth shattering that I haven't known. Thanks for the info guys!
[/quote]
That's the soldiers and champs, those are the only ones that can't be headshoted by archers if they have their shields up. The only spot they can actually be hit is toes on their legs, and that's a really tin spot to hit. But as other said, use the class you like the most and you think you're better at it. At first when I started kiting with my archer I had a bit of a problem with shields as you but I got a hang of it quite fast, shoting them when they try to swing. After I mastered that I was happy if I reached Heimdallr and killed him. Was a "win" for me. Now I can pass Einherjars already, but Bear Armor also helps alot Tongue. So if you're looking for cheapest option go with Pikeman. As for archer if you wanna get somewhere, Bear Armor and some good bow and arrows is highly recommended. And that aint cheap.
[Image: dpcfmq0qegd53mozg.jpg]
Loki Kills: 357
Thor Kills: 330
Odin Kills: 259
Prince Kills: 401
King Ragnar Kills: 258

House Crafting: Support 39, Defender 33, Attacker 30
  Alchemist: Lvl 36
Blacksmith: Lvl 21
Armorsmith: Lvl 32
The best seems to team up- A sniper and a pikeman  can do an excellent job.
Wusel @ Omnia
1 sniper 1 pikeman is the best. Snipers take care of other snipers/rangers while Pikemen can handle shielded bots better (those with high shield skill).

I personally prefer Mountain Pass for how they all line up in a straight line and spawn very far. You can kill last and refill easily before the wave is barely half way.
The first defence is very good to!
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(03-05-2013, 02:32 PM)Jalau link Wrote: The first defence is very good to!

It is the worst map to kite

(Don't tell everyone it's the best .. or when people solo, others will keep joining Tongue)
(03-05-2013, 04:13 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: [quote author=Jalau link=topic=12637.msg103747#msg103747 date=1367591529]

(Don't tell everyone it's the best .. or when people solo, others will keep joining Tongue)
[/quote]
Oh, yeah i forgot.. It's the worst map for kiting! Wink
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(03-05-2013, 04:25 PM)Jalau link Wrote: [quote author=_Sphinx_ link=topic=12637.msg103784#msg103784 date=1367597636]
[quote author=Jalau link=topic=12637.msg103747#msg103747 date=1367591529]

[/quote]
Oh, yeah i forgot.. It's the worst map for kiting! Wink
[/quote]
Truely true! In opposite to other maps like Caravan Ambush I don't manage to kill Tyr there!
I prefer Hidden Cave with a Sniper  Wink
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
I prefer the pikeman because he can go through shields (because I have terrible aim) and because he is faster.
Mighty_Vdude - Level 52 - Halberdier
Mighty_Vdu - Level 44 - Commando/Crossbowman
Mighty_Vdud - Level 39 - Sniper