NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Rise from the Ashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(04-02-2020, 10:06 PM)Fendi Wrote: [ -> ]Winter. This is impossible.

Just requires dedication. I just wish this quest was introduced with Rise two years ago.
Time to start kiting again
I might convince Nka to join me for some kiting runs. We´d be rusty but no doubt still the best kiters out there (not bragging, just talking facts) and should finish this quest first. I enjoy hunting for achievements and this pretty much is one.
RTFA 2 makes no sense.

First of all, whole idea of boss-lasthitting quests is dumb. Quests should encourage teamwork, not CM-ratty-style boss kills. And its generally unfair to some classes. Would be better if everyone alive on the server got 'boss kill', even if it would require increase kill count.

Second, it's 2020 on the calendar and this mod is dead for several years (except China, but I'm talking about The West). This quest might have some sense in 2014, 2015, maybe 2017, but not in 2020 which is Bannerlord release year (I hope).

Third, it's just impossible to do in realistic time. Let's assume you play Normal with 4 people 15 minutes per run, Hard with 8 people 30 minutes per run and Rag 12 people 30 minutes per run, killing average number of bosses amongst all players on the server. This way you will need 200*4*15+200*8*30+200*12*30=132000 minutes=2200 hours of NI. I played a lot of NI (~2000 hours), but playing another 2000 hours? Just no. And don't think about kiting. Except you will do it on nightly basis you will always have at least 10 people to wave 12 on Rag. And what could you do? It's public servers so everyone can join so fuck your kiting.

And even I overestimated time required to complete this quest, maybe it's 500 hours not 2000 - it's still pointless grind with people who will try to steal boss kills from each other. Not fun for me. NI will be more dead then ever with such quests.
(05-02-2020, 03:38 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]Second, it's 2020 on the calendar and this mod is dead for several years (except China, but I'm talking about The West). This quest might have some sense in 2014, 2015, maybe 2017, but not in 2020 which is Bannerlord release year (I hope).

Full Hard and Rag servers 9 to 5 every day I've played, not including CN which adds even more.  What is "dead" may never die.

Bannerlord will not have dev tools available for a long while, so I have doubts everyone will flock to it for an extended period of time.

Dude, how can you be so negative all the time?  Seems like every post from you is complaining about something, claiming something else is the end of the mod, and just being a total downer.  Smell the roses and have some fun.
(05-02-2020, 03:51 PM)Winter Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2020, 03:38 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]Second, it's 2020 on the calendar and this mod is dead for several years (except China, but I'm talking about The West). This quest might have some sense in 2014, 2015, maybe 2017, but not in 2020 which is Bannerlord release year (I hope).

Full Hard and Rag servers 9 to 5 every day I've played, not including CN which adds even more.  What is "dead" may never die.

Bannerlord will not have dev tools available for a long while, so I have doubts everyone will flock to it for an extended period of time.

Dude, how can you be so negative all the time?  Seems like every post from you is complaining about something, claiming something else is the end of the mod, and just being a total downer.  Smell the roses and have some fun.

'Complaining' is a big word, I just not like the way this mod develops and post my thoughts about it. You can't expect as developer to get only positive feedback all the time. And I even liked some changes in the past, so I'm not even always negative.

And let's not talk about my personality, but about my points. From your perspective, lasthit quests are fun? Because not even talking about bosses, I feel myself bad when I play let's say hard wave 13 and instead of clearing wave correctly/safe/fast, only trying to kill as many Champion Huscarls as possible. I think the game should not be played this way, but quests incentify you to do so. And with bosses it's even worse for every class except CM. You promote wrong way to play with such quests.
(05-02-2020, 04:08 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2020, 03:51 PM)Winter Wrote: [ -> ]

'Complaining' is a big word, I just not like the way this mod develops and post my thoughts about it. You can't expect as developer to get only positive feedback all the time. And I even liked some changes in the past, so I'm not even always negative.

And let's not talk about my personality, but about my points. From your perspective, lasthit quests are fun? Because not even talking about bosses, I feel myself bad when I play let's say hard wave 13 and instead of clearing wave correctly/safe/fast, only trying to kill as many Champion Huscarls as possible. I think the game should not be played this way, but quests incentify you to do so. And with bosses it's even worse for every class except CM. You promote wrong way to play with such quests.

Certainly not, no.  Most of the "long form" feedback received from players is negative.  Positive feedback is typically "Nice" or "I like [insert change here]" which, although much appreciated, doesn't really specify which parts of a system have been improved positively.  I can't remember the last time someone posted 3 paragraphs detailing how much they loved a patch and commenting on every point they liked.  I was only commenting that it seems you are very "This will end the mod" with your complaints, and it seems you confuse "I don't like this" with "No one likes this."

As far as quests go, currently kills are the primary way we can track player progress.  Don't feel bad killing bots as quickly as possible, quests are only there as an alternate source of income and not necessarily the huge goal everyone must strive for.  That is why many quests have a requirement of 40+ kills and have smaller rewards like 10k.  For the larger quests that require hundreds of different kinds of bots, we don't expect players to make large changes to their gameplay to kill only specific bots.  This also applies to RFtA II - people who tome for bosses will continue toming for bosses and people who keep shooting regardless will continue to keep shooting regardless.  100 of each boss is unobtainable for the majority of players without a huge investment that most would not consider worthwhile.
(05-02-2020, 03:38 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, whole idea of boss-lasthitting quests is dumb. Quests should encourage teamwork, not CM-ratty-style boss kills.

Do you remember when you posted the following in this very thread?

(19-06-2019, 02:11 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]It's not "kill stealing" anyway. It's called competition.

If you're playing casually and don't enjoy competition this quest is not for you.
Alright, I got too far with my doomsays and probably being too emotional, sorry. I just want this mod to becomes better.

And about last hits. Do you consider to award everyone on the server with kill instead of counting last hit? Would be more fair. RG might not have a chance to kill because he has to shield Odin. And no one might not have a chance when some CM with Deadshot/Rending doing the quest and just kills all bosses from range (real story).

(05-02-2020, 04:27 PM)Malong Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2020, 03:38 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, whole idea of boss-lasthitting quests is dumb. Quests should encourage teamwork, not CM-ratty-style boss kills.

Do you remember when you posted the following in this very thread?

(19-06-2019, 02:11 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]It's not "kill stealing" anyway. It's called competition.

If you're playing casually and don't enjoy competition this quest is not for you.

I'm playing casually it seems.
(05-02-2020, 04:32 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I got too far with my doomsays and probably being too emotional, sorry. I just want this mod to becomes better.

And about last hits. Do you consider to award everyone on the server with kill instead of counting last hit? Would be more fair. RG might not have a chance to kill because he has to shield Odin. And no one might not have a chance when some CM with Deadshot/Rending doing the quest and just kills all bosses from range (real story).

For quests, we don't have anything like that in the works.

However, you will look forward to a future update in which everyone on the team receives the same/same value rewards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31